Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
I'm taking the last spot! Found this thread just in time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Renamed Team 16 to something thematic, given the species.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
I have never played DF, so I'm open to any suggestions from the other Subterranean Animists. Just shoot me a PM.

Decoy Badger fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Oct 19, 2015

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

Frozen_flame posted:

Oh I still am.
Plan Naked Crossbow is still ready to go

Combined, we're practically a ball-ista :v:

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
My fighter Dusseldwarf sure is chatty - he speaks more than everyone else combined! Is it just random or is it linked to actions/proximity?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Little surprise at the final outcome, but Lightly Whipped definitely put up a good fight there. If they hadn't all been small guys their armour probably would do better vs. spears.

E: and Dusseldwarf is a ladydwarf just like her sister Braun, thank you very much.

Decoy Badger fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 4, 2015

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
At least Eyeteeth survived longer than everyone else, if that's anything to be proud of.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

Baldy: People know he keeps a hamster in his beard. Nobody but he knows that it's named "Tiggles."
Duss: The edge of her shield is made of chocolate, for snacking mid-fight.
Braun: Winner of Most Arms Competition 6 years running. Self-conscious about her height.
Qwarf: That's not a plume, it's his actual hair sticking out of that helmet.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Huh, I honestly thought Braun would be the first dwarf to die. She always got injured first and the worst in every other fight.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
No, my dorfbucks! :negative:

What a completely unexpected rout.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Two kills from the ground while missing one leg, ain't no stopping the Dusseldwarf fury!

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
The bets are a little lopsided this round. Not many even matches it seems.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Thank goodness I bought the iron mail for Dusseldwarf in place of copper! That could've been real nasty.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
The betting on that match was truly ridiculous. Not even Whipping Boys vs. Subterranean Animists had such a lopsided betting ratio, and considering the relatively even ranking of the two teams I was happy to bet on the underdog. And get all those sweet sweet dorfbux.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Hey Subterranean Animists, update your fighters! Buy some slade codpieces or whatever, just use the points!

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
It'd be nice if the match betting table was posted with each fight, or a page on the website where you can see who you bet for without spoilers as to who won. I keep forgetting who I bet on and the fights are less fun without someone to root for!

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Holy poo poo

That was one of the more intense fights I've seen in the Arena. A couple of unlucky grabs is all it can take to unravel our dwarf solidarity...

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Dusseldwarf must really be able to throw out shade for everyone to be attacking her tongue like that! Second fight in a row!

Anyways, that was probably the hardest fight the Animists have left, sadly. At least I can look forward to seeing Braun die horribly in every forthcoming fight.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Accidentally bet the remainder of my dorfbux on Heavyweight Horrorshow - anyone want to go up against me and reap the rewards?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
My dorfbux! :negative:

This has been a crazy round for upsets.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
B since the head to head matchup emphasises team synergy over individual killing power. So a bad team with good synergy would get in over a bad team with one superstar. Though I prefer the battle royale method.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Too bad I bet too early, if I knew I could've gotten 2:1 odds for the Plump Helmets on that fight I'd have bet the farm.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
That's got to be the most effective use of venom all tournament. How many unblooded remain?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Subterranean Animists either dominate spectacularly or die spectacularly. There's no in between (barring a martial trance).

Edit:

quote:

Baldwin_SUB charges at Dusseldorf_SUB!
Baldwin_SUB collides with Dusseldorf_SUB!
They tangle together and tumble forward!

Thanks, jerk.

Decoy Badger fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 22, 2016

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
That was my best betting round yet! 7/8 bets won!

The Subterranean Animists - Lightly Whipped match should be a doozy.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Say what you will, I'm rooting for a Lightly Whipped upset over C.R.A.P.!

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
I appreciate waiting until the writeup is complete! It stops me from spoiling myself on match results when checking the website (since there's no corresponding thread update).

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

This is amazing. I keep seeing the antwoman as having a rabbit head though.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
At least some things are still right in this topsy-turvy round.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Dusseldwarf is wearing pants, you know. I bought them myself!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Dusseldwarf of the Subterranean Animists is ready to fight!