Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Slam Whale Willy the Werewolf is ready to kick some rear end, or more likely get beheaded in the first battle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Team 14 - all biggish dudes.

Happy with the name whoever created it

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Well that didn't go so well. At least I did some damage and ran away long enough to keep me alive until the end...

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

quote:

Slam Whale Willy (Go big) bashes Grimmik (Lightly Whipped) in the upper body with his silver mace, bruising the muscle and bruising the liver!
Grimmik (Lightly Whipped) is propelled away by the force of the blow!

Tyler Durden is Hobbes (Go big) punches Trump's Viscous Discharge (Lightly Whipped) in the left lower leg with his left hand, bruising the muscle!
Jupis Tooki McGannel (Lightly Whipped) lashes Slam Whale Willy (Go big) in the right upper arm with his silver whip, bruising the muscle!
Snowshank Redemption (Go big) stabs Ghost-trees (Lightly Whipped) in the right hand with his large copper dagger, fracturing the bone through the large cow leather right glove!
A ligament has been torn and a tendon has been torn!
Ghost-trees (Lightly Whipped) loses hold of the silver whip.
3 Wolf Moon Shirt (Go big) stabs Ghost-trees (Lightly Whipped) in the right rear foot with his iron two-handed sword, tearing apart the skin!
Tyler Durden is Hobbes (Go big) punches Trump's Viscous Discharge (Lightly Whipped) in the head with his right hand, bruising the muscle!
Trump's Viscous Discharge (Lightly Whipped) gores Tyler Durden is Hobbes (Go big) in the right hand with her left horn, bruising the muscle!
Ghost-trees (Lightly Whipped) strikes at Snowshank Redemption (Go big) but the shot is easily deflected by the large copper dagger!
Grimmik (Lightly Whipped)'s head skids along the ground, but it is deflected by Grimmik (Lightly Whipped)'s small steel helm!
Snowshank Redemption (Go big) slashes Ghost-trees (Lightly Whipped) in the left front foot with his large copper dagger and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Trump's Viscous Discharge (Lightly Whipped): How fleeting life is... This does not scare me.
3 Wolf Moon Shirt (Go big) attacks Ghost-trees (Lightly Whipped) but He jumps away!
Ghost-trees (Lightly Whipped) misses Snowshank Redemption (Go big)!
Trump's Viscous Discharge (Lightly Whipped) attacks Tyler Durden is Hobbes (Go big) but He jumps away!
Snowshank Redemption (Go big) misses Ghost-trees (Lightly Whipped)!
Grimmik (Lightly Whipped) slams into an obstacle!

:allears:

A full 16 rounds of combat happened while he was airborne

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Remove

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Slam Whale Willy isn't a star, but with 3 kills, at least he hasn't let the team down.

Putting all the dwarf bucks on our team to pull the upset out of the bag in the next round!

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Man, we (Go Big) seem really hot and cold. Either we get our poo poo together and crush duders or we flail around uselessly.

Glad this was one of the prior, and that Slam Whale Willy did some work and got himself another kill.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Man it gets expensive to upgrade weapon skills past a certain point, starting to wonder about my upgrade strategy...

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
A bit late to the party, but glad to see Go Big getting another win. 6W4L isn't too shabby a record, and Willy getting a kill makes me all kinds of proud.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
After doing poo poo all in the last couple fights (other than dying early) I'm glad Slam Whale was able to pull out a couple of kills this time, and do enough damage to help tip the scales.

I'm hoping that Go Big make the finals, even though we'll likely be up against one of the top teams and thus get crushed in the first round.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
A - Kills

The team that has contributed more skulls to the skull throne should get through

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Man 2 fights left this round - can't wait to see Go Big screw up royally and lose a fight we should win

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I have faith in Go Big

I think we'd have done much better in thee season if we could just stop charging into / attacking each other, and nothing brings a team together like the playoffs!

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Single - time to ruin some Cinderella seasons

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

A good poster posted:

Was anyone else in Go Big strategizing on that Discord board that I've been ignoring?

I sure as hell wasn't.

I think our strategy is generally try not to suck enough to win some fights.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I knew Slam Whale Willy was just playing useless through the regular season, and was ready to unleash hell once the season was on the line.... really I did.

Biting an eyelid off is pretty hardcore :black101:

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Holy poo poo, we won again.

Not that Willy did anything this time around, but at least he was a target for long enough to distract the enemy.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

Spermy Smurf posted:

It looks like people are updated on the site. A few gladiators have leftover points for some reason, but less than 50 so I assume they just don't feel the need for 1 striking or 1 biting or whatever.

No one has said they are ready yet have they?

:siren:GO BIG and LASER EXPLOSION:siren: Are you ready?

My Body is Ready

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Hey, we won, and Slam Whale Willy was mostly useless which was par for the course. Of course that early hand break causing a spear to drop was really the lynch pin that won us the whole thing....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Hey thanks to everyone who was involved in running this thing. It was lots of fun!

I should also post one of these for my very average Werewolf:

potatomanjack, you are managing Slam Whale Willy, a retired male Werewolf fighter.

This fighter participated in the 1054 Armok Arena League tournament as a member of Go big and/or go home.

He has the following equipment.
Platinum War Hammer
Iron Shield
Iron Cap
Copper Mail Shirt
Iron Breast Plate
Iron Greaves
Iron Gauntlets
Iron High Boots

He has the following skills.
Level 7 Fighting (Adept)
Level 10 Hammer (Accomplished)