Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
I, too, have entered a fighter, none other than the esteemed and well-regarded A Lost Cowman, who most certainly wasn't just lured to the gladiator pen with promises of food and cowladies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Hey man, that yeti was pretty beat up when you started. I softened her up for you! I-, I contributed, okay. :smith:

Also I guess it was a good fight or something, I guess.

Edit ^^^: Clearly not enough, judging by the outcome.

Locomotive breath fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 24, 2015

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Well, even if my cowman didn't ultimately do much, at least he tanked well. At least I've secured my niche on the team!

PS: "A Lost Cowman in the Head" was totally the name of my high school ska band.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Well, I for one completly expected this result. Including the passing out. It's all part of our team's master plan.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

E) I am going to put my own team in the finals regardless.

Yes I agree, this seems like the only fair compromise.

But I guess I'll use my actual vote for option A, I guess. I feel like winning should still mean something, you know?

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Well, look, Cowman just decided to let some of his teammates have a little time in the spotlight after hogging it all last match. Totes. That said, I guess Antwoman did pretty okay.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Well, I guess it's a good thing I made a totally conscious decision not to bet on my team, because I saw this coming. The only other alternative would be that I forgot to, and that'd be silly. That said Cowman needs to learn to stop grabbing people's teeth. It's very unhygienic.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Well, at least Cowman killed another person. That's something! Though, looking back, perhaps it would have been better to give him an actual weapon back at the start of this tournament. Perhaps.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

Ramc posted:

Happy New Year DF Arena Thread.

What a way to start the new year. It's a masterpiece, Ramc. At least now A Lost Cowman is responsible for one good thing!

Edit: Oh also something about how my team is not bad at all and is actually the best.

Locomotive breath fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 2, 2016

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

Sorry all, I was planning on cheating the poo poo out of the match so we finally won one running it fair and square and everything :(

drat it Spermy, I was trusting you. Now how am I going to get all my sweet, sweet dorfbux back? :smith:

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
All according to plan. :smug:

And by that I mean Spermy has clearly impersonated ZeeToo and rigged the match for us. Well done.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Things. With wrestling. I even got some new boots! I think. Point is, those points were definitely spent on things.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Um actually I think Cowman earned his two kills fair and square, though big props to Antwoman for the assist. :smug:

For real though at least one member of our team brought an actually sharp weapon. A bold move, certainly.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Oh. I knew that. Just testing you! But hey, you don't need to justify yourself, at least you killed someone, unlike a certain other person on our team.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Yeah, and A Lost Cowman has like, 6 or 7 kills unless I'm mistaken, and he's armed only with the latest in Cowman fashion. Perhaps whips have been under performing just a little bit in this build. Just a bit.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Once again, Cowman has carried the team to victory with his incredible capacity for drawing abuse while the other people assist him via killing everyone. I still can't believe that Punc managed to kill someone though. It would be Antwoman though. Spermy.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

This is the worst day of my life.

Well I was gonna be pissy about losing, but I guess I feel a bit better now at least. As always, I blame you for all of our failings.

Good idea losing this round. Next round, operation "Rig All the Fights" is go. They'll never suspect a thing.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
I, as always, blame Spermy for all my teams failings. If he would just cheat and fix our matches, we wouldn't be having this problem. :colbert:

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

Sorry guys, lovely week for me. Should be back on schedule next week.

Aww, sorry to hear about that Spermy. But look! Look! We won!

And look!

Antwoman did things! Good things, even! Clearly, you're being rewarded for your misfortune.

please have more lovely weeks so we keep winning please, tia

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
A Lost Cowman is ready to once again get lost, all over the enemy team. Violently so.

I mean, obviously. Given that this is the arena. But still, given his disoriented nature, I feel it needs to be reiterated.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

alcharagia posted:

Apeliminator can't pick his friends, and he can't pick his nose, but he can pick his friend's nose.

See, I'm not expert, but I think this sort of attitude might be why Apeliminator is having issues.

That said, I'm not trying to discourage you. It's your, um, whatever Apeliminator is to you.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
I find all of these proclamations to be highly suspect. Do we even know if Apeliminator has points in miscellaneous objects? I feel like it would explain a lot.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
As much as I want to whine about losing my sweet, sweet dorfbux and all, I suppose this is ultimately good for my team. I guess I'll accept it.

Spermy Smurf posted:

I'll cheat to win, don't worry fellow Zoo buddies.

:hfive: Just make sure someone dies in each of our games, so no one suspects anything. I nominate Antwoman.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
While I don't want to pretend I have any real understanding of the mechanics, I'm pretty confident about this match. I'm looking forward Cowman letting the HulkZooamania run wild all over the tiny, wimpy manlets on the opposing team, since I don't really think any of them can hurt him. Maybe if he's in a good mood he'll even hold one of them down so Antwoman can actually get a kill. :v:

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

Antwoman got 4 kills in one of those fights.

:negative:

Okay, I was with you before Spermy, but now I'm starting to doubt your integrity. I mean, really.

Also don't feel too bad about Stephen, he tries very hard. My only theory as to why he under performs is that his weapon might be too heavy for him? I dunno though. :shrug:

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Bets have been placed! On my own team. Speaking of:

You traitor. I thought we were friends, a team...

That said I do agree with your assessment and all. We probably won't win this unless Antwoman manages a clutch martial trance or something. She is a dwarf right? She looks like another one that I know, at least.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Good job team, even Antwoman! I knew we had this in the bag. I think you just need to place more confidence in the Zoo, Spermy. It's all in the mind. Except when it's not.

ChickenWing posted:

A couple, actually. A scratch along the arm, a bruised gut and I think a bruised arm. That oak shield deflected like a motherfucker though. I'm thinking of maybe upgrading it so that when I bash peoples' heads in with it, it'll have an effect besides making a hollow 'thunk' sound

As the owner of a cowman wearing both a silver helmet and gauntlets, I heartily recommend upgrading your shield to the finest of all metals. It's good for bashing! That said, copper might also be acceptable I guess.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

So swap out Braun for Antwoman and otherwise leave Animists untouched?

Dammit Spermy, you can't get out of the Zoo that easy. You're our secret weapon, we need you!

You, that is, not Antwoman. You can cheat for us, which is useful. you know, unlike her What I'm saying is that you're stuck with us.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
I think Apeliminator is merely misunderstood. Maybe he never wanted to be a fighter. Maybe he only wanted to love... Apeloveinator. Maybe there's a little bit of him inside of all us, if you really take the time to think about it..?

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Hell yeaaah, once again being on the commissioner's team pays off. Many thanks to spermy for rigging the fight for me, Cowman will eat the good grains tonight.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

Update your poo poo you loving fucks. I want to start the next round soon.

You can't tell me what to do, you're not my dad, or my dad. Just for that I'm leaving Cowman's points unspent. :colbert:

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Chickenwing, don't listen to Spermy, he's a jerk. Stephen is an excellent little snakeperson.

He could stand to kill some more dudes though. Just a few more.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
See! I told you Stephen was good. I'm just gonna chalk this one up to the power of positive thinking and call it a day. That was a pretty great write-up Tink, the addition of gremlin tossing was a bold move but I think it worked out. :golfclap:

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
We're gonna be fiiiine. I for one ain't scared of a bunch of drat skellingtons, though I'm sure they're all very nice people. The match after that one I'm a little less confident about though. :ohdear:

Also, this is pretty amazing. Well done! My only complaint is that it's about Antwoman rather than the real star of the team, but that is acceptable.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
drat I'm good at betting. I totally saw this coming a mile away, but I imagine we all did, deep down. Anyway, good job TLE! I knew you could do it, or something like that.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

Mmmmulti-post. Read the logs and Cowman threw Tash in the air and Antwoman stabbed Tash while she was flying. Passed out and killed immediately after.

We have a great thing going, Cowman. :glomp:

And here I was lamenting celebrating Cowman's poor stellar performance in that last match. It brings a tear to the eye, really.

Inspiring this sort of comradery and teamwork is what this competition is all about, I think. :hfive:

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
I too will cast my vote for single. That way our team only needs to get lucky like two or three time to win it all! It just seems logical. Also I won't even acknowledge that last match. Clearly we were cheated. :colbert:

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Well I'm glad that Cowman is continuing to perform admirably as the team's tank. Just one more fight and he can finally leave and get back to that wedding or whatever he meant to attend. Also good job Stephen, I knew he could do it. I always believed in him. :unsmith:

Edit: I'm apparently the third wealthiest bet-placer, I don't even know how this happened. I'd better place more bets or something I guess.

Locomotive breath fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 9, 2016

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Ah well, I guess it had to happen eventually. Good effort everyone! We made it a lot farther than I thought we would, at least. :unsmith:

----

Locomotive breath, you are managing A Lost Cowman, a male Minotaur fighter.

This fighter is participating in the 1054 Armok Arena League tournament as a member of The Petting Zoo.

He has the following equipment.
Steel Helm
Leather Armor
Adamantine Mail Shirt
Steel Greaves
Adamantine Gauntlets
Adamantine High Boots

He has the following skills.
Level 2 Fighting (Adequate)
Level 13 Wrestling (High Master)
Level 4 Striking (Skilled)
Level 3 Biting (Competent)
Level 2 Dodging (Adequate)
Level 1 Armor (Novice)

A Lost Cowman has 15.6 points currently available to spend.

---

Also here is Cowman for those interested. Maybe I should have given him 14 Wrassling after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Yes, thanks to everyone for running all this. It's been quite a read! Except for a certain someone that didn't come through on his promise to rig the finals for us. You had a chance and everything, no one ever would have called you on it. So disappointed in you. :colbert:

Just kidding good job Spermy.