Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Thanks to SynthOrange for posting about this in the megathread. I've missed you, arena challenge. I still have the dismembered bits of Happy Fun Stuff displayed proudly on my mantlepiece.

Secretely-a-snake-man-in-real-life Stephen Harper has joined the tournament, given that he's probably going to be out of a job come Monday (please god let him be out of a job come monday :pray:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

I tried to make a team name so terrible people cringe while reading it.

I think I did well.

why

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Is it possible to give fighters the stat equivalent of a "morale boost"?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

On one hand, I'm thrilled to see Stephen Harper getting his poo poo kicked in.

On the other hand, it would have been cool if he'd actually hit someone :smith:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Holy poo poo I did not expect the second point in biting to be so useful :stonk:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

I personally enjoyed how everyone's necks were broken early and most of the match was Simon and I gnawing on peoples' heads

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

goatface posted:

Don't think, just bet.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

I was really pulling for a Canadian Politics Showdown, but alas Stephen Harper v Rob Ford will have to wait.

Also I'm thinking I need some points in dodging

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Tunicate posted:

Actually, it might be neat to put the betting totals at the top of the match writeups, so we know who's favored in the bets.

:agreed:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

please do not bet on A Tarantino Film so that when they win I get more money.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Remove

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Oh god the shame is too much. Although with a name like Stephen Harper I don't know how I expected anything other than crushing disappointment and sadness.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:staredog:

oh my god

I finally got a kill

oh my god

hell it was even a good fight, I beat the bejeezus out of that guy.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Two kills!

Ablative tell your gladiator that if he wants kills he's gonna have to fight the bad guys and not me :mad:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

ZeeToo posted:

Of course, Stephen is the current big threat.

I'll take "things I never thought I'd hear" for 500, Alex.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Bets betted, points pointed. Judging by the betting ratios we are going to get fully owned next round. That or I'll become insanely rich. Hopefully my strategically timed upgrade turns me into an invulnerable murder machine.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

you're a monster

let my people go (to the arena to kill people)

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

what

the

gently caress

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Oh my god I did not expect that to be a win. I saw a dwarf with a greataxe and started having 'nam flashbacks. The betting ratio didn't help either.

Stephen Harper has really been pulling his weight lately and I am loving pumped about that, considering that for the first couple matches of the tournament I was convinced he was going to be 100% useless.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Man judging by the betting this round there are no illusions as to who is going to win each fight

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

oh gently caress

we rich now

strategic betting best betting, random bettors go home

E: 9th place /flex

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

zeetoo post the fights

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Huzzah!

god I wish stephen was vaguely useful

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

I dont understand him either.

I had that exact same build in the last tournament (well, 2 weapons instead of a shield) and I was helpful. You bruise a lot and I dont know why you dont fracture bones. It's weird.

Honestly, I'm getting the feeling that serpent men are sorta weak - I've been wondering if I should have just gone for a biting build instead, because the impression I'm getting from the combat logs is that Stephen just isn't hitting hard enough in most cases.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

I don't get how Petting Zoo is the favorite. I mean, I'm glad and all, but I give us a 50/50 chance of winning this thing. The guys are too big and too armored for our team.

I mean, technically that means I don't have any incorrect targets - I don't see how we can lose!

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

!!!!

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

:siren:I'm going to unlock and start the next round. Place those bets people!:siren:

Ran more tests. 2v2 and 3v3 the team of Antwomen won 6 out of 6 times.

Alone she loses every time.

What the hell.

clearly jimbo doesn't PTFO

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Wow that was goddamn close.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

I don't know if Jakob/Mongo just have garbage stats or what, but Stephen was a goddamn tank

If only he was faster. Also if only Mongo hadn't stolen his loving hammer. Dick.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

That doesn't count!

Antwoman got limbs removed, was grounded, and didn't do poo poo until Cowman took down ShortName, with Belmole and Harper keeping two others occupied. When Cowman turned so it was a 2v1 against Face, then Antwoman was able to do something.

Harper didn't take a single hit that entire fight did he?

A couple, actually. A scratch along the arm, a bruised gut and I think a bruised arm. That oak shield deflected like a motherfucker though. I'm thinking of maybe upgrading it so that when I bash peoples' heads in with it, it'll have an effect besides making a hollow 'thunk' sound

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

I am eternally surprised by Stephen's not-uselessness.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Guys come on, I'm the tank. You're the ones that are supposed to be DPSing :colbert:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Man that home field advantage is a motherfucker.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Stephen Harper, Head Squisher

You push 'em, We smush 'em

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

gently caress, I thought we were hometeam against Hells Dentists. Welp.

Yeah no the next two fights are going to be godawful for us

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Okay I'm slightly less worried about our upcoming games now.

Only slightly though :ohdear:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

That was...significantly closer than I would have preferred.

Oh well, WE PLAYOFF NOW

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Jazz buddy, might want to check your points scripts for going into the playoffs. Unless I was supposed to have quadrupled my total points.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

Mine is right. 1300 for playoffs for Antwoman.

Oh I didn't realize there was a bonus for getting to playoffs. Durr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:smugbert:

motha fuckin hammer zone