Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Oh hey my dude is doing alright out there. Helping release some angst of the kobold race via axe murder. Or something.

e: the dude is Albrik the Insignificant, btw. gently caress your "small races need this" builds, he's going to die hard with his axe and leather pants

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Ramc posted:

Oh hey buddy what's up we beat the poo poo out out one another in fight 1.

That elf didn't give a gently caress about being gutted. :iit:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Now that I've actually remembered this was a thing and seen Albrik do alright, comedic irony dictates that he will die senselessly immediately into his next match. So don't bet on him winning any kill contest.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

AJ_Impy posted:

Looks like Albrik is the first to six kills, he's a shoe-in for the All-Stars. That's more kills individually than Team Laser Explosion have managed collectively.

All with absolutely no testing, either! :downs:

The moniker "insignificant" was not done in jest. I looked at previous small race builds for ideas, noticed that most of them didn't seem to work that well, and decided to just go gently caress it and give him a battleaxe and whatever seemed alright and hoped he wouldn't be embarrassing. it helps that he's a big fat killstealer too

otoh i missed the first two participation point bonuses so he sucks now and is going to eat poo poo for it

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
poor Face. Living up to his namesake, at least.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
not dying helps sometimes

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Secret to Albrik's success: get some skills in the weapons you don't use! This will help your fighter know how to defeat these weapon types. Points in your own weapon are very overvalued, as you can learn as you use it during the fight.

Also, leather pants.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
The Aristocrats!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I think Tarintino Film has, at least, a minor chance at an upset. Uma and Barkley really need to not get incapacitated in the opening charge, though.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Captaindirtnap posted:

Hell, Lightly Whipped almost did it to us this round. I'm betting all the money I can on A Tarantino Film for this next match.

the biggest problem is that my predictions about everything are consistently wrong so sorry about your money

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Every night I curse the hundred or so participation points I missed

I didn't know those were a thiiing

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Agreed.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
he cleverly sold all his skills/equipment to win big in the betting arena

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Wowza, those are some upsets. Really wasn't expecting Bites to wreck face like that.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
this is how i choose to commemorate my very brief moment of glory.

that fucker better get some kills in his next match. or i am disowning him.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I see a pixar movie in the making

Dwarf: It's not the number of inches, or number of limbs that makes a dwarf! No, it's backbone!

Ant: ...yes.

e: I made another drawing, this one of a character who may not be the most lethal, but is one that I think captures the spirit of this stuff pretty well. spoilers: it is panty thief

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Nov 23, 2015

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Albrik stop laying around you cad :argh:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I'm going to make Bad Choices

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I noticed the lineup issue as well; since everyone on Worker Coop has different equipment, matchups are an important consideration. I think one thing helping the Subterranean team is that they don't have to worry about being dunked on due to odd arrangements.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i will admit, i did cackle a bit.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
tarantino film would do a ton better if it was urist that ran facefirst into three combatants instead of snarls

i love it when there's a betting upset like this, also

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I lost all my bets. nuts.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
what's up, do no testing and get good results buddy

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I was really hoping they'd pull it off...

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
death to the erect dwarf menace

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I like how albrik died just in time for another charge attack to bypass him, so krog ran into abominable

also im blaming everyone and everything, except myself

e: also the elf didn't pass out, since losing a limb doesn't actually cause pain, as DF is weird like that.

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Dec 21, 2015

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
dwarf fortress doesn't model shock you nerds :geno:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
an archer did something what the gently caress

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
hope they brought enough water to stave off dehydration out in the stands

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
im pretty sure the passes right through thing is caused when an attack hits something so badly mangled that it just slips though a hole. had it happen versus non fuzzy foes

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
im very broke

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i have it on good authority that you should always bet on whatever team I put my money against

please help me im so poor

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Solomon mvp

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i have no objections, as long as i win

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
:yikes:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
:sadfan:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
nobody should be surprised

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

LorrdErnie posted:

Hmmph. Not proper or right to keep fighting that hard after being stabbed in the kidney... At least I got another kill I suppose.

Edit: It seems like the kill isn't showing up on the arenachallenge website though. It is incorrectly listed as a 4-0 victory for the reds.

the real question is why richard couldnt have had the decency to not die for a little while longer so albrik could have gotten three kills instead

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i choose to evolve my build organically. when killed by a Minotaur bite to the head, I got Albrik a hat. now, nobody attacks his head!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
shut it, moneybags