Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

Dirty Frank posted:

Hello Haystack, Mygna & Lorrdernie the team formerly known as "Team 5", I let the power go to my head and renamed us. How do you guys want to communicate to think up better names and other important things? I'm fine with pms or email, let me know!

I don't have pm's, but you guys can contact me at 'Mygna dot SA at gmail dot com'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

Going for a liver blow on a dwarf? Low move, but just what one would expect from an elf, I suppose.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Taking 24 spear and maul attacks to the head before dying from blood loss. Looks like spending all those points on an adamantium skeleton wasn't completely worthless after all.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
My gladiator once again living up to her name and my betting record recovered after the disastrous second round. Good times.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

AJ_Impy posted:

Two Chicks w/dicks are now level at the kill count summit with 13, with Stumpy making it a three way tie in the individual standings on 6.

Make the tie-breaker the number of lopped-off limbs, in my (completely unbiased) opinion :black101:

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
An easy victory, but I fear that next rounds fight against the Subterranean Animists will be the real test.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Nice, betting all my money on my own team actually worked out for once!

By the way, I don't think it's mentioned anywhere how many teams will qualify for the play-offs. Is it only the division leaders, or will there be wild-cards for best runner ups?

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
I guess that's what happens when neither side invests many points in armour.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

I believe in huge payouts them!

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

Spermy Smurf posted:

Suck and gently caress smashes Anthony's head open. As luck would have it (or was this planned?), Richard Kyanka has led Molegrim back to his teammates exactly as they killed the last opponent facing them.

Of course it was planned. I mean, do you think we're all just bumbling along with no idea what we're doing or something?

Yes. Yes, we are.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Huh, I appear to have accidentally bet on both sides of that fight. Still made a decent profit, I suppose.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
I knew smuggling in a pair of silver knuckledusters would pay off eventually:

quote:

Suck and gently caress bashes Urist McLee in the upper body with her silver war hammer, bruising the muscle, jamming the right false ribs through the liver and tearing the liver!
Stumpy punches Urist McLee in the upper body with her right hand, bruising the muscle, jamming the right false ribs through the liver and tearing the liver!

And man, the next round is going to be brutal for betting, it consists almost entirely of very even match-ups.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

Dirty Frank posted:

That doesn't make suck and gently caress look too good...

Well, this is Dwarf Fortress, so there's a 50-50 chance that that was just the punch hitting the same spot and pushing the bone splinters in a bit deeper.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
I'm trying to think of something one could do to prevent getting folded into a suitcase-sized chunk by a Yeti, but I'm honestly drawing a blank.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Stumpy would like to thank Krog 'Bonesmasher' for the relaxing mid-fight foot massage. Seems like elves are good for something, after all.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
So loving close :negative:

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
That could have went badly if S&F died sooner or if someone had locked onto sn before the rest of his team died. But I think we've made it into the play-offs now, since there are only four other second-place teams who can tie or exceed our record and only one of those can beat us in total kills, right?

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

Cathode Raymond posted:

Can we do a match where there is a modest amount of acid at the bottom of the arena? It can act as sort of a time limit, "win the fight before your ankles melt" :v:

Briefly setting the temperature to 'Absolute zero' before switching it to 'Fire' gives gladiators about fifteen seconds of real time before bursting into flames :eng101:

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Actually, our team is just going to send in stunt doubles this time since we're already qualified. Betting on us would be a terrible idea.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
I never expected to come this close to tying the division in the end. Oh, and:

:homebrew:

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Making strategic decisions coordinated with the entire team is basically cheating, I demand a do-over!

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Bisecting someone with a spear should award an extra kill, in my definitely unbiased opinion.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
IIrc, the relevant combat related changes in this version are attack momentum/damage carrying through to adjacent body parts, the AI being smart enough to pull helmets off of unconscious foes before crushing their heads, and weapon and armour degradation, right? Anything I missed?

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
So is anyone going to resist the siren's call of the shiny new toys, or is every fight in this tournament going to open with everyone standing around for a bit throwing poo poo at each other?

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
twf when Bad Munki's gladiator is not the most questionable one in your team.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
So far, throwing weapons seem to have the same flaws as bows. It'll be interesting to see how many actually decisive hits we'll see in the tourney, and if it's possible to get any of those with a build that doesn't cripple the fighters melee skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
" Yes, that went exactly as planned", I confidently say, despite remembering literally nothing at all about this fighter I apparently designed one-and-a-half years ago.