Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Oh, shoot, this started. I was too busy to place bets and remember to update my fighter. I also mixed up whips and scourges. :downs: Sorry, team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf

my dad posted:

Is anyone interested in me making a post about armor coverage and weapon specifics, including pics of what their equivalents would look like in real life?

That would own a whole lot and I would read the hell out of it, actually.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
Speaking of, what the gently caress are you doing, Unthrottle?

Combat Log posted:

Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK punches Goku_FURRY in the thumb, left hand with her left hand, tearing apart the hair and bruising the bone through the large cow leather left glove!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK kicks Goku_FURRY in the head with her right foot, bruising the muscle through the large cow leather cap!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK punches Goku_FURRY in the left eye with her right hand and the injured part explodes into gore!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK punches Rob Ford_FURRY in the left upper arm with her left hand, bruising the muscle through the large iron mail shirt!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK kicks Min/Maxotaur_FURRY in the upper body with her left foot, but the attack is deflected by Min/Maxotaur_FURRY's large copper breastplate!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK punches Min/Maxotaur_FURRY in the right ear with her left hand, tearing the cartilage!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK kicks Min/Maxotaur_FURRY in the right ear with her right foot and the injured part collapses into a lump of gore!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK bites Min/Maxotaur_FURRY in the left lower leg, but the attack is deflected by Min/Maxotaur_FURRY's large copper greaves!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK kicks Min/Maxotaur_FURRY in the right ear with her left foot, tearing apart the cartilage!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK scratches Min/Maxotaur_FURRY in the lower left back teeth, but the attack glances away!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK kicks Min/Maxotaur_FURRY in the lower left back teeth with her left foot and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Unthrottle the Axolotl_WORK scratches Min/Maxotaur_FURRY in the upper right back teeth, but the attack glances away!
This is before I got disarmed. I literally double-checked to make sure I hadn't put any points in biting or striking or anything. :psydwarf:

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf

Captaindirtnap posted:

This is fighting at work. Consider them attacks of opportunity.

I know that in my head, but seeing it in the combat log is really absurd, especially when my tiny-rear end kobold is kicking off peoples' ears.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
Late, but sorry, Worker Coop. I totally forgot I could actually modify Axolotl between rounds. :negative:

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
Considering I don't know how to make Unthrottle not bad, I agree with the negative sentiment towards whips. :negative:

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf

Tiler Kiwi posted:

you've got a scourge, which is apparently better since unthrottle has managed to kill things

Swapped it out for a silver whip last round because copper wasn't cutting anyone anymore.

Granted I haven't really had a chance to hit anything with the whip, considering how fast Unthrottle got lambasted last match. :v:

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
yeah probably

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
wait what, unthrottle was empty-handed? uhhh where did i gently caress up

e: thank christ it had no impact on the match, but that's pretty awful if i accidentally sold my weapon

Zwingley fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 5, 2016

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf

Spermy Smurf posted:

Too lazy to look. What was the weapon? Please tell me it was steel.

Naw, silver whip.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
In my defense I'm pretty sure I actually was drunk when I was fiddling with her last. :v:

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf

Tiler Kiwi posted:

lmao poo poo, i noticed this but i thought you did it on purpose since you got mad about whips :negative:

I mean this is as good a reason as any.

This is :perfect:

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
I know I've been checking the thread/site daily to make sure I remember to buy Unthrottle a weapon for this next round. :v:

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
Screw it, crowdsourcing this: is bronze or iron better for a flail? :v:

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
Oh, whoops. I meant scourge, not flail. :downs:

I know heavier is better for blunt weapons, but I'm an idiot and typed the wrong thing.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
i mean i would love to have the points for that right now, but

Looking back at my dad's weapon effortpost and the OP, it seems like iron and bronze are equal in cutting power, but I'm not sure if/how much the mass of the weapon would contribute. Bronze is heavier, but would it slow down my babby kobold at all? That's basically what I'm looking at here.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf

Spermy Smurf posted:

Isnt there someone with an iron scourge that is unblooded? Hell, maybe even uninjured?

Unthrottle had a copper scourge for awhile and did alright with it. Much better than all the whip folks. :v:

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
Goddammit Unthrottle, stop being terrible. :negative:

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
Goddammit Unthrottle, stop getting loving grappled. :negative:

I'd like to apologize to Comrades Combat Liberalism, Jameson the Unruly, and Albrik the Insignificant on behalf of my piece of poo poo kobold.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
Maybe taking a rank in fighting hurt me more than it helped me. If KKKCCCHHHH had used the dagger two out of three times, it'd have been nice. :v:

Zwingley fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jan 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf

Ramc posted:

I am sure 6 spots won't disappear in 3-4 hours...

(ffff-)

If it is full by the time you get home I'll pull Dork Roams and fork my spot over. Life is busy enough that I should probably sit this one out. :v: