Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I will sign up in like 10 minutes as long as you still have spots. I want in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Got my fighter going. Let's hope whatever team I get assigned to can carry me. I might try to work on a better build if I have time later tonight and it's not started yet.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

We have three people working together and then one who won't edit their character :smith:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

my dad posted:

Accept their gimmick and start optimizing from there. :v: It's a lot more fun for everyone involved, since it doesn't turn into the unfun situation of taking control over fighters from your teammates (I was too pushy in the first team test tournament, and we paid for it)

Not counting gremlin-sized martial artists and such, I'm yet to see a build that can't be made to work with a bit of tweaking.
edit: Wait, no, Bad Munki's gremlin martial artist managed to kill something. So... yeah...

We're the ones gimmicking and they're the one who is not :colbert:

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Oct 18, 2015

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Keru posted:

I love that our team hasn't given a solitary about talking to each other yet.

We never talked either :v:

Check out our builds. Goatface may have just changed it.

goatface posted:

FINE. I have destroyed my fighter to fit your whims.

I was mostly joking. You can put it back to how you had it if you want :)

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

FillInTheBlank posted:

Working together?

I just made the build I decided I wanted before teams were even decided.

Yes, now look at everyone else.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

FillInTheBlank posted:

Following in my footsteps eh?

Someone else did it, then I had to as well.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I hope our team doesn't suck, but i have a feeling...

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Godna posted:

So yeah. I may actually know NOTHING about what I'm doing :D.

so uhh...lets see definitely upgrading that weapon and getting a hat ASAP.

What is the difference between fighting and weapon skill? I flipped back and forth because I didn't know several times.

Also that fight was beautiful :allears: Two teams ineffectually unable to finish things.

The image of an angry catman repeatedly smacking and stupid loving troll in the face with a shield is almost comical

weapon skill is more important as it deals with accuracy and parrying and i believe higher weapon skill has your fighter choose weak points more often.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I was going to go with an iron spear wielding dwarf but sacrifices had to be made for my team :v:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah I had no idea it was a thing but I don't really mind either because this is a for-fun arena thing. Goons are known for being :spergin: over things though.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Every time I see 5+ posts I'm like "yay maybe it was our fight" but no, it never was. I want to see us get murdered already :v:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

We're down to the last two fights of the round, and we have three active commissioners. Shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not actually trying to rush anyone. I just am curious as to how we do.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

im surprised how little i parried with a high lashing skill

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

My huge amount of points in lashing almost paid off. drat.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Great archery

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm never using a whip again.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm a strangler with a very high lashing skill and i'm tickling people, I regret my choice immensely.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Why did I get lashing and blocking skill? I wonder if whips have an innately lower parry chance...

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

my dad posted:

They have a special tag that makes them bad at being wielded alongside something else, and it's quite possible that this includes being wielded alongside a shield.

Really? I have never known anyone to use four hands to wield a whip... Does anyone know of a shield is actually bad? If so I need to get rid of it.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Unless there are at least three votes against it in the next 24 hours, I'd like to award GreyPowerVan a bonus of 1000 dwarfbucks for managing the first fighter to ever have been emasculated in the arena.

As for LorrdErnie the manager of our forums' own namesake Richard Kyanka, being the first fighter to ever inflict such a gelding injury in the arena, all I can say is, shame on you. :colbert: It's a good thing that here in Dwarfhalla, ALL wounds are healed before the next match.

Thanks... :smith:

Ramc posted:

The dick shot is kind of burying the other story from the fight before last:

Why do humans and elf builds do anything BUT bite when human-sized jaws are so obviously OP? NERF IMMEDIATELY.

How the gently caress are you biting with a broken neck and spine :eng99:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

Jaw muscles. If Three Gremlins hadn't tried to murder-eat after getting his spine broken in his second fight I would have been most disappointed. :colbert:

I know, it just seems absurd. Like people who have lost both of their arms still headbutting things. I feel like the blood loss would be catastrophic and would lead to weakness pretty quick..

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

That's why you would pick a dwarf, i thought?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Breaking someone's spine and then having them bite through my stomach doesn't count as a kill, sadly.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

goddamnit Jupis tried so hard

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

He stole his teammates weapon. How rude.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

so uh

how bout lightly whipped? we gonna win this round, i feel it

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I can't even win. gently caress whips, man. If I had a real weapon some of those hits would have actually done something :smith:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yes, our secret battle plans, where Lightly Whipped might not be enough info :rolleyes:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I have instructions for the people running our fights where do i put those?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Spermy Smurf posted:

That's word for word what the other guy said.

:argh:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I would have been better off keeping my whip.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

ZeeToo posted:

This would have been my advice for Ghost-trees. Jupis... I'm not sure about.

Maybe just actually turn into archer.

I like archers.

Well, I had like 6? 7? in lashing. i think 6

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

No bolts. Jon told me what to do, he's the team captain now.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

can i just get my silver whip back :v:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

jupis was actually maybe the most effective whipfighter on my team from what i remember but that doesn't mean much, maybe he gave a few more bruises than the rest

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Can I have back my whip just for old times sake in the last few rounds :v:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Can Lightly Whipped get some gremlin helpers in our final match.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Jupis actually has like 6-7 poitns in lashing, so the 1 extra from home advantage mattered a lot i think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

If we managed to play spoiler with our only win... I will be content.