Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Just waiting for confirmation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
So do we make one fighter each? Or Does each player make 4?

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Face, the Troll Has entered the arena

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Team 13...how utterly appropraite

:allears:

Godna
Feb 4, 2013

frankenfreak posted:

Nope, I think it's a perfectly appropriate name.

Endorph posted:

I vote we just keep it. Unlucky 13 and all.

But if any of you guys have another name idea, I'll change it.

Then it's agreed. We are team 13!

edit: I love our subtitle though.

Godna fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 18, 2015

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Which must be worn like a crown

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Huh I thought our fight was up first...I'dhave bet on this fight had I known

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
So what about materials like Oak? and Great swords?

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
And where do great swords or rather two handed ones fall on the whole table of weapons in the scale of things?

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Crap crap crap. I only meant to measure it's effectiveness...now I've killed it :negative:

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
One last question is Steel heavier then Iron?

(Wouldn't mind seeing a post on armor too. That stuff was HUGELY informative to a someone whose dwarf fortress experience is boatmurdered)

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
So yeah. I may actually know NOTHING about what I'm doing :D.

so uhh...lets see definitely upgrading that weapon and getting a hat ASAP.

What is the difference between fighting and weapon skill? I flipped back and forth because I didn't know several times.

Also that fight was beautiful :allears: Two teams ineffectually unable to finish things.

The image of an angry catman repeatedly smacking and stupid loving troll in the face with a shield is almost comical

Godna fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 22, 2015

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
I figured that much, but I figure one or the other would be effective in increasing ability to hit things.

Face got his rearranged :V The write up just does not match the logs for how brutal Face's face was mauled

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Well then...it seems I chose poorly.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Well Face did what was made for. He FACE tanked. :D

Also Mongo definitely carried the team...and considering how heavy the team is. He deserves a medal

Godna
Feb 4, 2013

ZeeToo posted:

When we got assigned teams, my first thought was to get in contact with you all and actually try to plan something.
Then I saw Face and his wooden sword and realized there was no way to improve on perfection, so just let it sit.
If you want to be more effective, yeah, get any sort of metal sword and, at least in my experience, any amount of weapon skill outweighs any amount of fighting. The great/terrible thing about DF is it's hard to know for sure.

Definitely noted...and hey the wooden sword totally broke the Tiger's arm and deprived him of a shield!...that was ultimately pointless.

I figured a wooden weapon was better then no weapon.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013

Bene Elim posted:

Would yo rather go to fight with a wiffle bat or your fists?

Wiffle Bat. :D

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Wow...spears. They seem to be the weapon of kings here.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
You can layer armor? :O

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Gimmick build gonna be fun

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
I got 50 points. I had 50...I now have 82...what?

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Soon I'll replace my lovely sword with an even SHITTIER sword! Also chalk up another who missed the chance to spend their points...AND bet on themselves

Also I guess my face tanking continue to prove effective :D

Godna fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Oct 27, 2015

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Indeed it would seem. It'd seem I bought the wrong piece of gear.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Wait wait wait...Did Face just actually manage to be useful to his team during that match?

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
:catstare:

I call hax. Armor does nothing to stop those arrows?

Godna
Feb 4, 2013

jon joe posted:

They're steel arrows. You'd need at least steel armor to have more than wet cardboard against them.

I see....well at this point it seems that Face is going to be complete and utterly useless...anyone want one slightly used troll?

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Oh wow I forgot about this for a few months...and wow a win :O

...also still unblooded

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
so when did Face get his one kill. I checked thinking he was unblooded only to find he was blooded!

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Yeah, Won't lie. At this point I just buy assuming I'll never upgrade again...I kinda gimped Face by not knowing so mcuh

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Does it do more damage for being made of Steel?

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
:o Lesson learned do NOT stab Face in the leg...he takes it personally...

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Less you functioned as intended and more. Face continues to function as his namesake.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013

AJ_Impy posted:

Hey now, Bad Munki crippled two gladiators and impeded a third. That's definitely as intended whatever Face is called.

I'm just joking about how bad Face has perfromed in general. It was meant to be a face tank but is in fact much more of a troll face to his team :/

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
I disappear and Win/lose a fight...and apparently performing well means I lose huh...Cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
oh NOW Face demonstrates competence