Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Season 5 is here at last! Yay! Slots appear to be going at about 2-3 an hour at the moment, but I'm sure that'll accelerate as America wakes up properly :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Spermy Smurf posted:

One each, then you have to pray you don't get Bad Munki on your team.

Do you mean Bad Munki the manager, or Bad Munki the combatant? Which would be more terrifying?

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
There should be an entire team of fighters named "Bad Munki".

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Team 12 standing by. Hello to goatface, FillInTheBlank, and GreyPowerVan.

There's gotta be some sort of 12-themed team name pun waiting for us.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

goatface posted:

I refuse to abandon my principles by respeccing anything

My principles are largely non-existent, but I'm not entirely sold on gremlinhood.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

FillInTheBlank posted:

I notice we have been named "A moist trump"

This is not gremlin related at all and I disapprove.

Yeah, that's an unpleasant name.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

GreyPowerVan posted:

We have three people working together and then one who won't edit their character :smith:

We do?

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

GreyPowerVan posted:

I hope our team doesn't suck, but i have a feeling...

At least we managed to somehow escape sounding like Trump fans!

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Nice work, Horrorshow. Amusingly brutal fight!

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Given the randomness of both DF combat and the Arena Challenge process, I really doubt that a +1 to top skill is going to be especially significant. Give it a few rounds, and we'll get a better idea of how decisive it really is. You can't really fairly change it mid-season unless you're at a point where everyone has had the same number of home-field matches.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

my dad posted:

You have an increased chance to parry if you outskill your enemy as far as I know, which gives a fairly decisive advantage in equal fights. The fact that it's still random desn't make it fair.

Yeah, but the fights aren't equal. The entire point of the Arena Challenge is that they're mostly batshit-crazy and ultra-complex. Also, the randomness I'm talking about is in the system, and nothing to do with the home field advantage, and yes, it's not fair, but over time it will even out.

Is the home field bonus going to be an advantage? Obviously, yes.
Is it going to be problematic? There is absolutely no way to tell from the first four fights.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Pickled Tink posted:

is set up in a way that would have drastically altered builds

I suspect that this is the main problem, and personally, I can't think of a better reason for not providing the details beforehand.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

GreyPowerVan posted:

I'm not actually trying to rush anyone. I just am curious as to how we do.

I suspect we're going to do horribly. :D

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Godna posted:

I got 50 points. I had 50...I now have 82...what?

I'm guessing 50 points went to baseline humans, and it scales down for larger critters?

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
My bets aren't doing too badly so far this round. I fully expect my bet against my own team to win!

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

jon joe posted:

Go big and/or go home will win against Lightly Whipped.

drat straight. We're already dead.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

ZeeToo posted:

Lightly Whipped: 0

I think we're conclusively proving that whips and scourges are somewhat overpriced :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Won't affect me either way, but A.