Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ramc posted:

tfw you get knocked out of the tourney because it is top teams only and there was a martial trance in the fight you should have won

tfw your fighter was the last to go up against said martial tranced dorf, and did jack poo poo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I have convinced myself that I will make a competent build...

...setting myself up for disappointment as usual.

Although to be fair, I Bite You did pretty well.

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Say what? I'm on top? :agesilaus:

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Welp. There goes half of all my cash. :eek:

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So, new tournament soon? My new Tigerman woman's stripes are going white over here.

Have you ever seen a geriatric tigress fight? Not pretty, I'll tell you. All soft paws and gum-against-flesh action. We don't want any of that. No siree, Bob!

Fuubi fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jul 6, 2017

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I can't complain. The axe almost ripping out NotTheEuphrates' heart in the beginning made me go WTF? but after that she (notice the pronoun) did pretty well. :cheeky:

Edit: also, bet leader with jon joe WHOO!

Fuubi fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Aug 6, 2017

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Look my gladiator wasn't useless, she got a kill!

yay...

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
*Checks the arena floor*

...dry.

Hey, these bloodstains are way too old! The arena demands fresh blood!

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
OK, I've updated my fighter! You can start the next round now!

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
*tink* *tink* *tink* Is this thing on?

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
A

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I put all my money on the bewbs, just like it should be.

Two-day-later edit: Umm, did I scare everyone away with my boob-comment? It's OK, guys. They are a perfectly ordinary part of human anatomy. I'm sure you've at least seen a pair once or twice...

Come back... It's lonely here at the arena...

Fuubi fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Aug 7, 2018

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Boyah! My tiger-lady can FIGHT!

Great to see more fights running. I'm almost inclined to join in on the commissioning...

gently caress, why not! Requesting commissioner status! Let's keep this ball rolling!

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Commissioner status granted.

Hehehehehe...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

MOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH-! *cough-cough-cough*

Let's see if I can run one when I get back from work tonight.

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
:siren: Round 3, Fight 3 :siren:

WELCOME, ladies and gentlemen, to the Arena. Before us today stand eight proud warriors, each and everyone ready to lay down their lives for our entertainment. The excitement is high, and the tension between the teams is palpable. This is looking to be a hell of a fight, Armok be praised!

For those of you who forgot to grab your free leaflet by the entrance, let me give you a quick rundown of the teams.

Morning Routine (1-1) is on the left side of the arena.
The Shaver of Beards (Cythereal) is a male elf. He wields an iron halberd and wears leather low boots.
Bogroll (Maugrim) is a male goblin. He wields a steel great axe and wears a copper cap, a copper mail shirt, copper leggings, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
Thys Akimbo (grobbendonk) is a female minotaur. She is empty handed and wears an iron helm, an iron breast plate, and iron leggings.
Game of Throwns (Cathode Raymond) is a male strangler. He wields two copper pilums and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, and iron leggings.

Big Trouble (1-1) is on the right side of the arena.
A copper hammer wielding dwarf (Bad Munki) is a female tigerman. She wields an iron pilum and wears an iron cap, an iron mail shirt, and iron low boots.
Chuck (Mygna) is a male minotaur. He wields a bronze pilum and wears no armor.
Captain Jodariel (dmboogie) is a female troll. She wields a silver two-handed sword and a copper two-handed sword and wears a silver helm, a copper mail shirt, and copper low boots.
Meteor Spin (I R SMART LIKE ROCK) is a female tigerman. She wields an iron great axe and a wooden shield and wears no armor.

Big Trouble is a 1.62 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 5851.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 3601.00 dwarfbucks for Morning Routine. All bets are final.

The horn has been blown, and the fight has begun!

Chuck chucks his {bronze javelin} and it strikes The Shaver of Beards in the left lower arm, spraying blood everywhere. The force of the throw snapped the elfs arm back like a whip!

Not to be outdone by his team mate, A copper hammer wielding dwarf throws her {iron javelin} at Bogroll, and it strikes the goblin in the neck!
Bogroll loses hold of the steel great axe and falls over. Right in the nerves!

A copper hammer wielding dwarf’s glee is shortlived, though, as seconds later Game of Throwns {copper javelin} strikes her in the right lower leg! She loses all sense and falls over!

What an opening! The match is of to a great and bloody start!

In the middle, Thys Akimbo and Meteor Spin join battle, and Meteor Spin gets its paw gored!

As The Shaver of Beards and Captain Jodariel engage, Meteor Spin retaliates and hacks Thys Akimbo in the right lower leg! Thys Akimbo falls over!

Captain Jodariel, Meteor Spin, The Shaver of Beards, and Thys Akimbo are all engaged in a 2v2 in the middle, and they are all showing why they are in the arena! They exchange blow after heavy blow, but they hardly seem to notice their wounds!

Suddenly, Captain Jodariel falls over! Could this be the break Morning Routine has been waiting for?

Nope. Meteor Spin hacks Thys Akimbo in its left leg and the minotaur stumbles! She manages to stay upright, but her leg does not look good!

More javelins from either side woooshes past, but this time they are easily deflected.

The Shaver of Beards manages to slash Captain Jodariel in her left hand with his iron halberd and it is split apart! Blood is splashing everywhere and the crowds are roaring!
Captain Jodariel drops her silver two-handed sword.

This just seems to piss her off, as she slashes The Shaver of Beards in the lower body with her other big-rear end sword! Uh-oh. Looks like the sword got stuck!

Thys Akimbo tries a sneak attack, and punches Captain Jodariel in the head, making the silver helm ring!

A copper hammer wielding dwarf strikes The Shaver of Beards in the upper body with her next javelin, and he seems to have trouble breathing!

Captain Jodariel pulls her sword out of The Shaver of Beards’ abdomen and then punches him in the leg! That’s GOTTA hurt!

Chuck joins in on the elf hate and stabs The Shaver of Beards causingg him to drop his halberd and fall over, unconscious!
Meteor Spin swings her axe, and The Shaver of Beards is no more!

Wow, first kill goes to Meteor Spin!

Meteor Spin isn’t done! She turns to Thys Akimbo, but the minotaur proves to be a more formidable opponent than the elf, and her attacks are in vain!

Captain Jodariel comes up and gives it a go, and slashes Thys Akimbo in her left hand, once again coloring the immediate world red!

Now it’s just a hackfest, with everyone ganging up on Thys Akimbo! She takes some heavy damage from their relentless attacks, but somehow she is still standing!

Uh-oh! Captain Jodariel slashes Thys Akimbo in the nose and it sails away across the arena!

Bogroll tries to help but his attack misses Captain Jodariel!

Meteor Spin just cut Thys Akimbo’s right lower arm clean off!! This has to be a turning point in the match! How can Morning Routine bounce back from this!?

There’s a 3v3 now, and blows are traded on both sides! Thys Akimbo is still amazingly in the ga-! Scratch that! Meteor Spin cuts off Thys Akimbo’s left hand as well! Thys Akimbo has no hands anymore!

Meteor Spin has found her niche and cuts off Thys Akimbo’s left lower arm as well! The horror! She is chopping up the minotaur piece by piece!

Chuck stabs Thys Akimbo in the upper body with his bronze pilum and, finally, Thys Akimbo has had enough and passes out from exhaustion.

Meteor Spin picks up Thys Akimbo by the right lower leg and starts shaking her wildly!

A copper hammer wielding dwarf tries to stab Thys Akimbo in the head, but the iron helm is sturdy!

Finally, after what seems like an eternity of pain, Chuck drives his bronze pilum through Thys Akimbo’s head, and Thys Akimbo has been struck down.

Second kill goes to Chuck!!

Moments later Captain Jodariel places a chokehold on Bogroll while Meteor Spin takes careful aim… The axe slashes through the air, and through Bogroll’s head! Third kill goes to Meteor Spin!!!

All four of Big Trouble gangs up on Game of Throwns, and while he puts up a great fight, he soon succumbs to his wounds and bleeds to death!

Meteor Spin got the kill!!!

What a match! Big Trouble is the winner!!!

Sorry for the lack of pics!

Combat log up after work!

Fuubi fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jan 11, 2019

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
combat log

I forgot to change the names of the players, so you'll just have to imagine who Elf 1 and such are... :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Hw0N4C_R7EY1Be7uWCMfJkxwEtVXHGVI Here's a modified combat log, for all you whiners out there. :argh:

Edit. Oh, fixed already. huh, oops...

Fuubi fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 11, 2019