Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
I will adopt Tyler Durden is Hobbes but I will need a password reset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Thank you very much for the password reset. I am honored to take over a fighter with a winning record. Let me assure my competitors that Hobbes is back and ready to rock. Hobbes is undefeated in the arena, by most accounts. Anyone reporting his defeat is talking about Tyler Durden, a completely different fighter.

habituallyred fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Mar 7, 2016

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Bought a solid helmet for poor Tyler, then blew the rest of my points on skills. Hopefully someone takes a fatal tail lash to the face due to my point in kicking.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Well at least the helmet stopped a blow or two.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Looks like new management paid off.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
A I think this favors our team. I mean it favors the best fighters of course.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
I am happy to see I got a kill and that we are in contention. I only wish I did not spend all those points on wrestling.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Not quite enough money to buy iron greaves.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Spermy Smurf posted:

Lightly Whipped loving CRUSHED THEIR LOSER OPPONENTS. IT WASN'T EVEN CLOSE HOW EASILY THEY WON THAT. (4-1 victory)

A good poster, habituallyred, iLonie, potatomanjack should all be publicly shamed. Join me in shaming them, and maybe we can talk about forcing them to wear a cone of shame in future tournaments or something.

what

I leave town for a week and come back to this? How did this happen, and where should I go for a cone of shame?

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
drat, at least I now know that unarmed tigermen have a chance in the arena.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
single elimination

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
I seriously considered buying a thousand points of dodge skill. Considering our loss to Lightly Whipped I just went for armor instead.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

PotatoManJack posted:

I sure as hell wasn't.

I think our strategy is generally try not to suck enough to win some fights.

I think that went out the window when we lost to Lightly Whipped.

I would be up for working out a new plan. Do you want me to make a google document or just exchange email addresses?

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
An amazing turn around for Hobbes. I never thought a punching tigerman would be so useful in the playoffs. I would like to challenge Lightly Whipped to a rematch at some point...

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Good news: we are fighting an antwoman, there could be a boxing match between my tigerman and their minotaur

Bad news: one of them has a scourge

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
I am ready.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
I assure you those 5 unspent points are being saved for the final round, as I have no intention of becoming an archer.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Nothing like using your head in a fight. Even if it is as a punching bag.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
I am glad Spermy found a funny way to express his anger at unconscious pugilistic tigermen that win fights by not dying.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Thank you very much for taking on this mammoth project. Also if any of my teammates have points spend them, apparently skills are tied to stats? Anyway I have a point in archery skill.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Sorry Spermy Smurf, I should have gone for wrestling instead of striking. Then the fight would have been over a little bit faster. I think I would have lost that fight eventually, but thankfully 3 Wolf Moon Shirt was there to help. Anyway here is my final build:

Tyler Durden is Hobbes
He has the following equipment.
Adamantine Helm
Leather Armor
Adamantine Mail Shirt
Iron Greaves
Iron Gauntlets
Iron High Boots

He has the following skills.
Level 9 Fighting (Professional)
Level 1 Archery (Novice)
Level 6 Wrestling (Talented)
Level 14 Striking (Grand Master)
Level 4 Biting (Skilled)
Level 8 Dodging (Expert)
Level 4 Armor (Skilled)
Level 2 Kicking (Adequate)

I can't believe we won, and that I came in fourth on the betting scoreboard.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Weapon Shmeapon

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Replace trolls with miniature bronze colossi.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Cythereal posted:

I still think an interesting variation on the arena would be a PvE version, pitting each gladiator (or a team) against monsters.

Seconded.

Would we know about what monster will be in all the rounds in advance? Or will it be an announcement just as players spend their points.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
I give, in with a Rakshasa joke.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Hey I'll have you remember Lightly Whipped beat the tournament champions last tourney.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
B and take your time. Pulling helms off of sleeping fighters will save everyone a whole lot of time.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Alright party people let's do a thing :black101:

astus and habituallyred how do you want to do this? I've got PM

Post our plans in the thread, but secretly encoded. Is there instantly an objection to this cunning contrivance? Or are you out? @gmail

I guess making a google document would be better, but I don't feel like bolding up a giant random mishmash of letters.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Caught the update just in time. Looks like it is up to us to uncancel Christmas.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Guess I shouldn't have waited until the second round for that helmet. On the plus side I was tough enough not to get knocked out, so a helmet would have been secure on my head.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Apply to be the new roaming thread, like that book bus thing a while back? :getin:

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Toe to Toe with an Elf? 3 kills? Things are looking up for a guy I threw together in about a minute. Also the correct answer is to buy adamantium bling for your little boxer.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Guess I should have armored other parts of the body, since we were up against people with whips and such.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

my dad posted:

Decided to go with a dumb gimmick this time and see what happens. :munch:

I think that is half the point of this whole tournament. The tricky part is doing a gimmick that nobody else is doing. In this regard I will be an utter failure.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Spermy Smurf posted:

I think I'm done screwing with my build.

I cant decide on a better weapon or more skill. Waffling back and forth on that. Teammates: Tell me what to do.

Maybe buy a shield, if you have time

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
We just need to buy bling swing some lead boots before the next match and we have this. I get into the mix not long after Punching Bag does. Hurly has a note from her doctor, she was excused.

I can't even be mad about that Kobold beating me. Her response to losing both of her arms was to turn to kickboxing and biting me to death.

habituallyred fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Aug 6, 2017

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Can't Shouldn't run without updated fighters.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
A heartless execution of the enemy team. Just what I wanted when I picked an ant.

Incidentally real ants do have a central circulatory pump.

Edit: Also new round points are in, so get going.

habituallyred fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 5, 2017

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Darn, had my money on "Lives in Catalan."

Edit: Looking at the combat log this is a sick fight. An axe lands in the opening exchange, crippling a fighter. A fellow fighter is bit and beheaded before the second shift arrives! 2 Limbs are severed in Ihadtoknow's first 3 attacks! Looks like one of us actually invested in axe skill, based on all these blocks. Also an antwoman wrestles a strangler and holds her own. Limbs flying everywhere now that Werepupper has crawled up to the front. Fourwarned has joined Blingswing in the graveyard. Throw to Meet you and Punching Bag are annoying each other as Werepupper grounds Ihadtoknow. Werepupper bleeds out just as Ihadtoknow resorts to biting. The wrestling between Throw and Punching gets more exciting and possibly decisive. Ihadtoknow is bitten and paralyzed, giving Throw an opening to shake her head off like a dog with a toy! Punching Bag finally gets bit somewhere venom can be injected. But the paralysis doesn't last long enough for any helms or heads to be removed! Throw is all tuckered out! This (eventually) lets Punching Bag go in for a choke-hold. Its all over except for wrestling practice. And thats before an actual commissioner gets into what the other team did.

habituallyred fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
A