Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

I entered a fighter, tigerman Anthony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Maugrim posted:

Dasmause, Dark Off and Hihohe are apparently my squad mates. Hi guys. Are we doing Hangouts, Skype, IRC, email or Slack?

Wha... we have to? The whole thing's like automated, isn't it?

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Jazzimus Prime posted:

The fights are automated, but many players like to plan out their builds with their teammates to try to find some sort of synergistic approach.

It is undetermined whether this actually has a positive effect on results.

Well people already spent their 1k points on stuff, it's hard to make up another build at this point

I mean... didn't they?

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

goatface posted:

I refuse to abandon my principles by respeccing anything

Ditto
Now going back

Maugrim posted:

Dasmause, Dark Off and Hihohe are apparently my squad mates. Hi guys. Are we doing Hangouts, Skype, IRC, email or Slack?

I think Skype, cause it's the only thing in the list I'm familiar and/or comfortable with

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Can anyone rename their team at any point?

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

(Former) Team 15, I changed the name. It's kinda-sorta the only decent thing I had in mind and is related to nothing and represents nothing, if you wanna change it, I don't mind

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Maugrim posted:

I changed it to something I like better but likewise not especially attached to it.

Add katzking at the hot mail on Skype to talk "strategy" (note: I have never had a fighter get past round 2)

Sent you a mail and message on skype, hope any of them arrived

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

So how much points do you earn per round?

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Maugrim posted:

Pikes are pretty deadly, I think you were unfortunate in being the fastest on your team and therefore the first to be targeted.

Nice to kick off the tournament with a win, especially as my team elected not to coordinate at all!

Well, I did all I could (not really)

Also I'm not too sure on the logistics on this game, but didn't Thurman die, like, three times in a row?

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

So I have a couple of questions: What's "edge" and "stopping power" and what are benefits of high weight equipment? I have guesses, but I wanna confirm
How much do skills dictate fighter's behaviour? Like, if a fighter is unarmed and has no offensive skills, will he fight? Or if a character is unarmed and has striking/wrestling, will he use kicks and/or bites?
Is there any sense having greaves and high boots? They both protect "lower legs", does that protection stack, or are low boots sufficient?

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Very nice, thanks a lot!

Really cool to see that there's competitive balance in here. Also really cool to see that cooperating in building your characters for team combat is a thing that can help... but I hope nobody did it since our team also didn't

my dad posted:

Pierci Nope Nope Nope Nope I am not even gonna try to explain that poo poo

Well, if sharp damage is penatration that converts into blunt, and blunt is blunt that stays as blunt, maybe piercing is penetration that stays as penetration?

dasmause fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 21, 2015

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Looking at my fighter's performance so far, apparently not having a weapon has a negative impact on ability to kill
Who'da thunk

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Holy poo poo my guy finally killed somebody
I didn't expect my build to finally work as intended

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

"Just lame it out, like its cross-Tekken" (c)

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Maugrim posted:

Can someone on Team Laser Explosion please use the participation bonus points to buy a drat dagger or something.

"Weapons are for cowards" I say, ignoring my 1-kill count over 5 rounds

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

I learned how to kick and bite, thus upgrading my battle mastery to the "little girl" level

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Dirty Frank posted:

My son is going through a biting phase, he's two. Which means that Team Laser Explosion is literally as dangerous as four two year olds.

Yet we still maintain a positive win/loss ratio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Can you strip armor from other fighters? Cause Anthony has an iron shirt