Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
:siren: Round 2, Fight Two :siren:

Fight Two: Two Chicks with Dicks at Heavyweight Horrorshow

On the left is the home team, Team 13: Heavyweight Horrorshow.

Here comes Mongo! is a male troll managed by Endorph. He is unarmed and wears a copper helm, an iron mail shirt, leather leggings, and leather low boots.

sn is a male molemarian managed by ZeeToo. He wields a copper spear and wears a bronze helm and bronze high boots.

Face is a male troll managed by Godna. He wields a massive wooden greatsword, and wears an iron breastplate and iron greaves.

Jakob is a male werewolf managed by frankenfreak. He dual-wields copper mauls, and wears a copper helm, copper mail shirt, and copper greaves.

On the right is the visiting team, Two Chicks with Dicks.

Suck & gently caress Pighead is a female goblin managed by Dirty Frank. She wields a silver hammer and is unarmored.

Bo is a male human managed by Haystack. He wields a bronze shortsword in one hand and a wooden shield in the other, and is also unarmored.

Stumpy is a female dwarf managed by Mygna. He wields an iron greataxe, and is unarmored as well.

Richard Kyanka is a male dark gnome managed by Lorrdernie. He wields a bronze large dagger, and like the rest of his team, wears no armor.

And there's the bell, and the fighters are off!

Immediately, the smaller visiting team gangs up on sn the molemarian to bring down what they view as their greatest threat. The moleman fends off a glancing blow from Stumpy, but this opens up an opportunity for Bo to run sn through with his sword, tearing apart the lung, and for Pighead to bruise the beast's innards with a hammer strike!

Mongo and Face rush up to protect their teammate, attacking Pighead and Bo respectively. Both of the smaller fighters jump away, with Bo swinging and knocking a tusk out of Face's mouth at the same time!

Mongo gets a running start and gores Pighead with his horns! The goblin's arm is mangled beyond recognition, but fortunately she was holding her hammer in the other hand.

As Face prepares to attack Bo, tiny Richard Kyanka sneaks up on the troll and drives his dagger into the creature's foot, cutting it to ribbons! The troll roars and crashes to the arena floor! Bo takes advantage and buries his sword in Face's spine, paralyzing him! The wooden greatsword clatters to the floor as well.

sn is winded, but not out of the fight yet. In desperation, the molemarian stabs with all of his might, and his spear connects with Stumpy's leg! The shinbone cracks and the dwarf falls to the ground with a scream!

Jakob continues to hang back from the scrum, his mauls at the ready, waiting for an opponent to come close.

Just as Bo takes off Face's foot with his sword, Jakob decides it's time to help his teammate. The werewolf launches a vicious attack, but Bo deftly parries it!

sn strikes again, and puts the point of his spear into Stumpy's guts! The molemarian's triumphant smirk is quickly erased, as Richard sneaks up on the moleman and returns the favor for his teammate by stabbing the molemarian in the guts! sn doubles over and begins heaving as Stumpy passes out from pain.

Mongo tries to press his advantage against Pighead, but misses! The troll then charges and knocks over the goblin, but again can't take advantage, missing again with his weapon as Pighead rolls to her feet!

Richard leaps onto the heaving molemarian and slashes sn's throat with his dagger! Blood sprays all over the arena!

Jakob swings both of his mauls at Bo, and connects, once to the human's leg and once to his chest! The human's heart is bruised, but he valiantly tries to finish off Face, slicing open another artery of the troll's body! More blood for Armok, god of blood!

Mongo charges again and gores Pighead in the lower body, but the determined goblin responds by cracking a bone in the troll's arm with her hammer!

Mongo charges again, and a successful gore mangles Pighead's arm! Unfortunately for the troll, it isn't the goblin's weapon arm! Fortunately for the troll, the impact sends the smaller goblin flying and she lands awkwardly on her foot, shattering it! Pighead passes out from the pain!

sn gathers his strength and charges his tiny foe, knocking Richard Kyanka to the ground! The molemarian stumbles, pukes all over the dark gnome, then turns and decides to attack the unconscious Stumpy. His spear lands a headshot... but it isn't enough to finish the dwarf! Meanwhile Richard leaps back to his feet and runs his dagger through the molemarian's non-weapon arm!

Bo continues to try to finish off Face, severing the troll's hand while deftly blocking a hammerstrike from Jakob with his shield.

sn finally scores a hit on Richard, tearing apart the gnome's non-weapon hand with a spear strike! Undeterred, the gnome leaps up and opens another artery in the molemarian's body with a dagger stab!

Jakob charges at Richard, causing the gnome to jump away from the molemarian to avoid the collision. sn turns his attention back to Stumpy, but his headshots are unable to finish off the dwarf, who actually regains consciousness for a moment before passing out again.

Mongo begins to go to work on the unconscious body of Pighead. But despite bending joints and throwing punches, he's having a hard time finishing off the goblin without a proper weapon to work with. Gores, bites, punches, joint-locks, nothing works... so finally Mongo just grabs the goblin's throat and squeezes, until she stops moving. The first kill of the match is official!

The tiny Richard leaps at Jakob with his dagger, causing the werewolf to leap away from the center of the melee. This finally gives Bo enough time to finish off Face by stabbing the troll in the... face, appropriately enough. The sides are evenly matched again, at least numerically speaking, although Stumpy doesn't look so good.

sn continues trying, and failing, to finish off Stumpy with repeated headshots. Is this dwarf's beard made of adamantine or something? Richard takes another shot at the molemarian, opening yet another artery! In addition to being nauseated and tired, sn now has to worry about blood loss! At least, as a molemarian, he doesn't have to worry about pain.

Having disposed of Pighead, Mongo rejoins the fray at the center of the arena. He picks up the annoying Richard and throws the gnome like a rag doll! Jakob ducks out of the path of the flying gnome just in time, but the little guy manages to tumble to the ground in a relatively controlled manner, taking only superficial injuries.

Bo doesn't take kindly to seeing his teammate be tossed around like a softball, and runs Mongo through with his sword! On top of the troll's earlier wounds from fighting Pighead, this last blow proves to be too much, and he passes out from the pain.

Richard gets back to his feet and swings twice in succession at Jakob, but the werewolf manages to parry both strikes, then lunges in and bites off the gnome's foot! He follows this by pounding the little guy's leg into paste with a maul strike! Richard falls to the floor, down but not out!

Now Bo and Jakob face off against each other. The werewolf lands a few superficial blows with his maul, but both fighters' defenses are strong. Eventually Jakob takes advantage of an attack of opportunity, and slices open the tendons of the human's hand with his great claw! The bronze sword clatters to the floor, and the home team looks to finally be in control of the match as Richard Kyanka bleeds to death from his severed leg!

Now unarmed, Bo backs off and begins bashing the unconscious Mongo in the face with his shield, as Jakob and a badly-wounded sn both try to finish off Stumpy with head-shots. The dwarf continues to be immune to killing blows, but not to blood loss. Credit for the kill goes to sn who did most of the work.

Jakob, who has barely been scratched during this fight, now closes in on Bo. The human fights valiantly without a weapon, blocking several maul-strikes and at least attempting to land a few hits with his shield, but alas, the fight seems impossible without a real weapon. Eventually Jakob lands a few maul-strikes, and the fight is over at last.

Final: Heavyweight Horrorshow 4, Two Chicks with Dicks 1

Kills

Jakob 2
Here comes Mongo! 1
sn 1

Bo 1

---

Here's how the survivors look after the match:

Combat Log

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Hihohe posted:

Im working on what i would like to be a title card for this whole jam

Im thinking of changing the font. I wanted something that says Dwarf fortress

Very nice! I'll put that in the OP once it's ready.

As for an appropriate font to use, a free Tolkien-inspired font that I've used before which might work can be found at http://www.councilofelrond.com/downloads/fonts/, look for "tolky.ttf" near the bottom of the page. However, if you're looking for something more runic and "dwarven", like what you would find carved into stone, it might not fit the bill.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Tunicate posted:

I thought last time it was 75%. Is there a full changelog?

Mail shirt protection was 75% last time, but I felt that might be just a bit too low, and increased it to 80%. The reason for this was partly to gimp biting snakemen (which we haven't really seen much of in this tournament anyway), and also to make body armor a more viable choice for defense vs. just going with more weapon skill and parrying.

I'll put the full changelog (compared to vanilla DF) into the first post of the thread, but the only rawfile changes from the previous tournament are:

- Body mail increased to 80% coverage from 75%
- Dagger stabbing contact area doubled to reduce depth of dagger stabs
EDIT: and also one more:
- Maces and flails now use Hammer skill.

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 27, 2015

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Slight correction, it's not QUITE doubled, it was increased from 8 to 15. They should still be plenty deadly but no longer able to punch through adamantine armor.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

jon joe posted:

I suggest wielding 4 crossbow bolts with a contact area of 4.

How does one indicate one's weapons are bolts or arrows, anyway?

Crossbows and bows come with a set of 40 bolts and 40 arrows respectively. There isn't an option to purchase bolts or arrows by themselves.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

jon joe posted:

Right, but I seem to recall that people in previous tournaments wielding bolts or arrows as melee weapons. Is there some trick to doing that?

In the first couple of tournaments some fighters did that. Vox Nihili was running all of the fights at that time and would allow gimmick requests, where a fighter would purchase a bow and arrows but only use one arrow during the fight, and Vox would manually set up the fight that way.

Right now a whole lot of the arena setup is automated, and I'd probably lose some commissioners if I asked them to do all of that extra work manually instead of using the arena macros :ohdear:

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
I've updated the third post on the first page of the thread to include all fight results to this point, as well as a link to each fight's associated post and combat log. :black101:

The fourth post on the first page will be reserved for any and all fanart, although the piece that Hihohe is currently working on will go at the very top of the first post once it's ready. Any artists in the thread want to have their fanart on the first page? Post it, and I'll make it happen!

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Spermy Smurf posted:

^^^ poo poo yeah, that saved our butts.

Wooo, we won! That archer changes fights completely, holy poo poo.

And it being 4v3 in the melee, and still barely scraping out a victory is insane.

At least my Antwoman got to shank two different fighters! :stab:

Wait, where's the stabbing smiley?

This one? :ese:

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
It's still only a sample size of 14, but the home team has won at a 78% clip. That's not as bad as it was, but I was expecting the percentage to be in the 60s going into this, and I didn't have a chance to run enough tests to verify.

After the third round, the thread can hold a vote on whether to keep home field for the interdivisional matches (rounds 4 through 15), or whether to have them all moved to a neutral site.

The final three rounds of the season are all intradivisional again, and will feature all of the visiting teams from the first three rounds hosting the teams that they visited in the first three rounds, for the sake of balance and fairness.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Hihohe posted:

Armok is the god of blood and conflict.

He demands it from the world he has created.

With but a thought Armok could wipe this world from existence.

The lesser gods know this. The mortal races know this.

His thirst must be quenched to keep this world safe.

The gods have gathered their champions. The mortals are prepared to sacrifice themselves in the arena.

The altar of Armok awaits...

Excellent work! We now have a new image to introduce the first post. Also, I'll host this image if you don't mind (since imgur images seem to have a half-life of just four or five years, and I'd like to keep using this if you don't mind)

If anyone else would like to contribute artwork, I'll put it on the first page too! Post #4 is reserved for any and all fanart.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
We'll start the third round on Monday morning, to give everyone a chance to place bets, and maybe to spend their participation points as well if they wish.

Ramc posted:

Is it the two best teams from each division that advance to the playoffs, like last time iirc, or is it determined some other way?

This is actually a very good question, and I think I failed to address this in the OP.

I was thinking that we would have a three-round, eight-team playoff. The four division champions will all qualify for the playoff. But after that, I was thinking that the four best records overall that didn't finish in first place would qualify for the remaining spots. It didn't make sense to do it this way in the past, since teams would only fight teams in their own division before this tournament. However, since every team fights every other team at least once in this tournament, it's possible that one really strong division might have two (or even three) other teams that beat up on all the other divisions and end up with a good record, and those teams shouldn't be penalized for being in a tougher division if they do well. So I think it would make sense to qualify the four teams with the best non-divisional-champion records.

Actually, we should probably have a vote on it.

:siren: All four division champions will qualify for the playoffs. How should the remaining four playoff spots be determined? :siren:

A) The four non-divisional-champions with the best overall records

B) All four second-place teams, regardless of overall record

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
I've put a little UBBcode generator to help the commissioners write up the fights which will hopefully save them a little time when writing up the team names, their fighters, managers, and equipment at the beginning of the fight. This will also generate a betting summary as well. Going forward they can just copy-paste it all into the top of their post when they run a fight.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
:siren: I'll give everyone another day to vote on whether to keep home advantage for the 12 interdivisional rounds, but it looks like early sentiment is heavily in favor of removing it.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
I've removed home arena advantage for the interdivisional matches in rounds 4 through 15.

The intradivisional matches in rounds 16 through 18 will still feature teams making visits to the teams they hosted in rounds 1 to 3, and vice versa, as it would be unfair to have to be the visitor without a corresponding opportunity to be at home.

Also, the next round is unlocked and the commissioners may now run fights for round 4! :black101:

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Tiler Kiwi posted:

this is how i choose to commemorate my very brief moment of glory.

that fucker better get some kills in his next match. or i am disowning him.

Decoy Badger posted:

Baldy: People know he keeps a hamster in his beard. Nobody but he knows that it's named "Tiggles."
Duss: The edge of her shield is made of chocolate, for snacking mid-fight.
Braun: Winner of Most Arms Competition 6 years running. Self-conscious about her height.
Qwarf: That's not a plume, it's his actual hair sticking out of that helmet.

The new fanart has been added to the fanart post. Have I missed any fanart? Let me know!

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Nov 23, 2015

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

GreyPowerVan posted:

I'm never using a whip again.

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Lashing really does seem kinda lovely this time around.

That's strange, because the only change we've made to whips over the past several tournaments is that they are now more expensive to buy than they were in that one tournament where whips and scourges dominated everything else. Maybe the fact that it leaves less room for skill points is having an impact? Maybe the luck of the draw has had whip users engaging armored opponents more often this time around? I don't know.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

jon joe posted:

You made armor cheaper, I think?

Good point. More fighters are able to wear cheap armor now which probably mitigates the effects of whips. Whips will be cheaper in the next tournament.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
I remember that the Dwarf Fortress software used to be kind of stupid about awarding those sorts of kills, I'm not sure whether or not that's still the case though.

There was a fort several years back where a dwarf bled to death, and Legends mode indicated that the kill was awarded to a harpy that had died two years earlier. It turned out that this particular harpy inflicted the first bleeding wound that the dwarf had ever suffered in combat. Or something like that, I could be misremembering.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

jon joe posted:

Wow, no kidding. Harsh, and also my first major bet loss.

Speaking of betting, why are the bet values on the fight different from the arena page?

There were probably a few bets placed on the fight after Spermy Smurf started running the fight, but before the fight was completed and the results uploaded.

The administration page currently captures the bet values as of the moment that the commissioner starts running the fight.

tithin posted:

I can't?

Once a new round starts, the fighter builds are locked until after they've completed their match for the round.

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Nov 28, 2015

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Unless there are at least three votes against it in the next 24 hours, I'd like to award GreyPowerVan a bonus of 1000 dwarfbucks for managing the first fighter to ever have been emasculated in the arena.

As for LorrdErnie the manager of our forums' own namesake Richard Kyanka, being the first fighter to ever inflict such a gelding injury in the arena, all I can say is, shame on you. :colbert: It's a good thing that here in Dwarfhalla, ALL wounds are healed before the next match.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

LorrdErnie posted:

I deserve a reward. :colbert:

Very well, your fighter's Dwarfhalla apartment now has a display case above the fireplace showing off the McGannel family jewels.

The website doesn't show this just yet, but I'm working on it.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

FillInTheBlank posted:

As soon as I get my password reset...

I'll get you set up as soon as I get home later tonight! But I'm posting from my phone at an airport right now, and I still haven't gotten around to making password resets an easy process just yet :smith:

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
After losing their opener, it's been five wins in a row for Worse Munki! That's the longest winning streak of any team in the tournament so far.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Ramc posted:

Lightly Whipped has a longer winning streak, though.

Yeahhhh... I think I may need to revisit my scheduling algorithm after this tournament. I'm sure that some of you have already figured it out, but currently there's a double round-robin within the division making up both the first three and last three matches of the tournament, and everything in-between is interdivisional, where each team takes on on all four of the teams from each other division consecutively.

And... Lightly Whipped has had the incredible misfortune of being (apparently) the weakest team in their own division, with their opening intradivisional matches followed immediately by four consecutive matches against what appears to be the strongest division by far (Boatmurdered).

Going into this, I was aware of the shortcomings of the algorithm that's currently in place, but I went with it anyway, because I figured it would make the race for playoff spots more exciting at the end of the season, since the current algorithm means that there's a really good chance that two divisional opponents could face each other in the very last match of the season with the division championship and its associated playoff spot on the line at the very end.

But I guess could still keep that part and shuffle the interdivisional matches a little better. I just didn't anticipate the Boatmurdered division being so much stronger than all the other divisions, and that has been pretty brutal for Lightly Whipped and their generated schedule.

Looking at the schedule, I really wouldn't be surprised at all if Lightly Whipped starts out 0-10 but then pulls off three wins in a row right after that.

EDIT: TL;DR: Lightly Whipped may be bad, but I really don't think they're THAT bad.

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Dec 19, 2015

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

my dad posted:

They are, because whips and scourges are really, really bad in this version, especially when you take their price and slow speed into account.

I think I may have already said that the prices for scourges and whips will be brought down significantly in the next version.

However, apparently, Toady has now released a brand-new version of DF where you can kill your opponent by singing at him or some such poo poo, so I'm not sure I can promise anything anymore regarding the next version. :sadwave:

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
I'm pleased to see that this tournament finally features a Yeti that is actually kind of a badass, instead of just being another giant woolly punching bag like all the Yetis that came before. :unsmith:

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

goatface posted:

I imagine it would be a massive AI headache. They'd need to have preferences for items, decisions for when they should be dropping and picking up better tools and when they should be concentrating on fighting, whether they should be picking up melee or ranged weapons, whether they should grab a shield etc

In other words, Toady is probably working on it right now and it should be ready around mid-2018.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Mygna posted:

Nice, betting all my money on my own team actually worked out for once!

By the way, I don't think it's mentioned anywhere how many teams will qualify for the play-offs. Is it only the division leaders, or will there be wild-cards for best runner ups?

There will be four wild card spots. We're leaning towards the four best overall records for non-division leaders, with total kills minus total times killed as a tiebreaker.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Worse Munki has done something no team in arena history has done before*, and that's win seven matches in a row! :black101:

*All previous arena tournaments had no teams fight more than six matches

LorrdErnie posted:

Hmmph. Not proper or right to keep fighting that hard after being stabbed in the kidney... At least I got another kill I suppose.

Edit: It seems like the kill isn't showing up on the arenachallenge website though. It is incorrectly listed as a 4-0 victory for the reds.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Crap. I knew I forgot something.

Little help, Jazz? I dont see a way to fix this on my end.

Should be fixed now.

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jan 22, 2016

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Ghostwoods, you haven't been to the site or posted in the thread for a while now.

I know it's been a rough season for your team, and I know it may be hard to remain enthusiastic in light of that, and I hate to do this, but I'll have to give jon joe rights to claim your fighter if you don't check in within the next week (168 hours from this post), either in the thread or on the site. That should be more than enough time if you haven't given up completely. Your Lightly Whipped teammates haven't given up hope! :black101:

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
jon joe, you are now the manager of the fighter Ghost-trees.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Maugrim posted:

Bruising the conscience surely.

So how many managers have forgotten this thread exists and aren't bothering to update their fighters? Wondering if those who get knocked out after this phase will get a chance to pick up someone else from the teams that make it through.

Splode posted:

I'll take over a fighter if managers are abandoning them. That's poor form

I'll check in the next couple of days and get back to the thread, and put fighters up for adoption if they've been abandoned.

But to answer Maugrim's question, most of the managers have been following pretty closely since this started. I had to give Jon Joe the first dibs because he was following this thread without a fighter from the very beginning, and I like that kind of enthusiasm. :black101:

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Feb 18, 2016

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

AJ_Impy posted:

Edit: Tally is here.

Jazz, any chance we get this in the initial posts so Spermy doesn't have to search or ask in future?

Sure, I'll put a link to it in the results post, which I also need to update.

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 29, 2016

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Ramc posted:

And the fanart :ssh:

:ughh: Sorry, I've fallen behind on updating the OP. The fanart post should be up to date, please let me know if anything's missing!

Also, I've put a link to AJ Impy's kill tally at the top of the results post. I think I'd like for the site to eventually host the kill tally itself by tracking the individual kills by round, as long as it doesn't create too much work for the commissioners.

EDIT: Also, I predict that this is the round that Lightly Whipped finally gets off the schneid, one round after suffering the ignominy of being the first team in the tournament to be mathematically eliminated* from the possibility of winning their division. They aren't mathematically eliminated from a spot in the playoff yet, though.

*If, against all odds, Lightly Whipped wins the rest of their matches and Subterranean Animists lose the rest of theirs, Subterranean Animists would finish with a 9-9 record in the Bronzestabbed Division, and Lightly Whipped would finish behind them at 8-10.

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Mar 1, 2016

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
:siren: Iunnrais, John Charity Spring, alvie, and AnoHito, you each have 72 hours to either post in this thread or visit the site, or else your fighters in the current tournament will be placed up for adoption! :siren:

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

SynthOrange posted:

What if they're saving up points? They still gain interest right?

Points only gain interest in the playoffs. And you only get the points if you visit the site once a round.

I think that if we do this style of tournament again, we'll probably increase the sale value of items to something more than 50% of their purchase value, to make it more feasible to upgrade mid-season.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

The fighters Uma Thurman, Jameson the Unruly, Dontellim Pike, and Tyler Durden is Hobbes are now available for adoption! In order to adopt a fighter, you must not already have a fighter currently participating in the tournament.

First come, first served. Post in the thread and specify the name of the fighter you want to claim if you want to adopt!

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Cathode Raymond is now the manager of Jameson the Unruly

habituallyred got a password reset sent via e-mail and is now the manager of Tyler Durden is Hobbes

I R SMART LIKE ROCK is now the manager of Uma Thurman

---

Dontellim Pike is still available for adoption. Perhaps our newest participant, aerion111, would like to adopt him?

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Okay, 0 for 18 is looking like a real possibility now for Lightly Whipped :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Is Dontellim Pike still available? I'll manage him if no one remotely competent wants him.

Yes you can, but you'll need to follow the instructions to get your account activated on the site first.