Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Won as Gore-Liebermann in 2000 by making a nonstop Great Lakes tour with trips down to Florida.

Took one look at 1968 and gave up.

Tried to turn McKinley into Eugene V. Debs, failed miserably.

I hope they add more, it's a fun game and would make a great teaching tool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Isentropy posted:

Inspired by this game: what if Nixon/Reagan had tried to win their respective elections without using the Southern Strategy as overtly as they did (e.g. Reagan doesn't give a speech in the town that lynched civil rights workers), suggesting that segregation was outside the realm of acceptable federal political discourse?

I actually managed to win as Nixon/Agnew without doing that, I think. I took the "moderate" law-and-order tack, spoke against segregation and miscegenation laws but also busing, and had an attack of conscience and let the peace talks succeed. Cost my Pennsylvania, but I got New York and Michigan.

computer parts posted:

A lot of that land was actually claimed by Britain at the time so at the very least there would be more commonwealth nations there in all likelihood.

Britain was very slow in allowing settlement into it because of Indian politics- that's part of what led to the revolution, that we were denied our "prize" of the Ohio River Valley.

• Locked thread