Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Yadoppsi posted:

It is super fun. Just for kicks I'm playing as Wallace and trying to prevent an electoral college majority in 1968. Its fricking impossible even on easy. Anybody succeed?

Trying to elect The Great Commoner in 1896 is a challenge too.

It's possible on easy, at least: just remember: your objective isn't to win states completely, but to stop Humphrey and Nixon from winning the 270 seats they need. Focus on playing spoiler in swing states in this era Texas is a swing state and be a "moderate segregationist".

Here's some help: http://i.imgur.com/Y6EcKQf.png

As for Bryan, I haven't won yet (lost by 2 EV) but it seems to be really important to take into account the distributions of EV at that time. Illinois is way more important than you think.

Inspired by this game: what if Nixon/Reagan had tried to win their respective elections without using the Southern Strategy as overtly as they did (e.g. Reagan doesn't give a speech in the town that lynched civil rights workers), suggesting that segregation was outside the realm of acceptable federal political discourse?

Isentropy fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Nov 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread