Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Chalets the Baka posted:

What if the United States dismantled its entire electoral system, replaced it with a proportional parliamentary system, and joined the rest of the world in being a modern, functioning country?

It wouldnt be the largest economy in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

What if the Gleiwitz incident was actually poland invading germany

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Tab8715 posted:

What if Bush listened to Cheney and actually invaded Iran... I wonder what the world would like with oil at $300/barrel.

Well we'd control 90% of the oil in the middle east so OPEC would be dead, or our rivals.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Zeroisanumber posted:

The Democrats would've gotten the blame for things turning to poo poo in Iraq and for the Great Recession. The Tea Party might never have coalesced, but you can bet your rear end he'd be a 1-termer with either McCain or Romney taking the presidency in 2008. The Dems would be locked out of the halls of power until at least 2016.

yeah right before the surge Kerry probably would have pulled out and towed the party line. Then Ol' Public Functionary would lead us out of the dark ages.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Demiurge4 posted:

What if Space Shuttle Colombia hadn't exploded?

NASA would have never fed the fish

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

What if Standard Oil hadn't been broken up

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Didn't the USSR's moon lander explode on the launch pad

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

foobardog posted:

It did, but lol if you think a few dead cosmonauts and explosions would have stopped the Soviets.

Yeah but it caused the largest conventional explosion in human history so I'd say they were set back slightly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N1_(rocket)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 6, 2015

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

What if we gave up after Apollo 1.

we'd all be speaking russian, comrade :commissar:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

foobardog posted:

Looking at that, the next launch was 2 years later in 1971, while the next Apollo was later in 1969, so you're probably right. I actually didn't know about the N1 explosion.

I just want to have my Vengeful Nixon headcanon, OK?

Yeah it was a 7KT explosion which is pretty loving huge in terms of conventional explosions.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

What if the Taiping rebellion succeeded and China was a christian empire with ~2,000,000+ soldiers willing to die before surrender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Grouchio posted:

There's an entire forum dedicated to alternate history here. Try it out.

There's an entire forum dedicated to your posts Here, try it out.

• Locked thread