Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
My stream of consciousness feedback from reading through the Player Packet:

quote:

Unlike D&D, you don’t roll dice with every action you take in challenges; you only roll at the beginning of a round (or in special circumstances, such as when a power gives you advantage). You will complete any number of engagements in a given round using the same Tier Dice value roll.

* This doesn't make sense to me as a first-time reader. I did get it eventually, but consider a revision.

* I do like the Reserve mechanic
* Later: I like how healing is "just" interacting with the Reserve mechanic

quote:

Ipotane are cousins to savage the minotaur

* This should probably be "Ipotane are cousins to the savage minotaur"

* The Criminal is my instant favorite Background. The powers are very evocative.

* I like the design of Hard and Easy saves insofar as the base roll is the same, but only the attribute varies, such that the gap doesn't get too wild (as in d20)

* You may want to revise the Initiative definition to include what happens after the guy with the highest initiative gets to go

* Influences are a brilliant gamification

quote:

If not in the first round not zero

* This is a very awkward phrase. I can't tell what it means

======

Overall, I like what I've read, but I feel like I haven't completely grokked it yet. I may try making a character to see if that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Thoughts on the GM Adventure Packet:

* you're going to want to provide pregens, in case you didn't already think of that.
* page 7: "Merchants and peddlers scuttle between settlements, accompanied braving the Woods to make a few coins." that sentence seems like it's missing a word?
* Xvkr'll, the Burgomeister - you're might want to tell us how that's pronounced (I'll stop mentioning any other names from this point forward)
* NPC descriptions - the attitudes are good, but you might want to include a physical ~something~ to serve as a touchstone. Dieda being scarred is a good example.
* page 16 and onwards: I'm wincing at the use of Papyrus as a font
* were there supposed to be statblocks for the enemies?

Overall, I am extremely impressed with this work. While I expect that some may balk at how "railroaded" this might feel, this is EXACTLY the kind of thing that people should be releasing to make RPGs, and specifically GMing, more accessible. Even the Map section is top-notch as far as giving the GM an idea of what they should be sketching out.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
welcome back! glad to see this is still going

• Locked thread