Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Ha, something like that almost happened to me near Tijuana in the 90s, apparently cabbies used to convince well heeled looking tourists to come over to Tijuana for drugs/fun/whatever they could pitch and then they'd drive them to their hood where their friends would mug them. Seems slightly less smart with an Uber logfile, but I'm guessing their ability to get anyone prosecuted in Mexico is near zero even in 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

One of my favorite jobs in college was security guard. We'd often get contracts to just sit in a car outside some rich person's property and make sure nobody approached the gate/driveway/whatever. It was great for getting coursework done at night.

Also rich people are loving weird. One time I recall a Lexus SUV rolling out of one of these driveways and the owner stopped to chat with me a bit and see how it was going. We had a quick chat and then I said hello how are you doing to the rich person's kid in the passenger seat who refused to acknowledge me or even look in my general direction when I said hi, which I thought was strange. The rich mom in the driver's seat then explained "Oh don't do that please, we're trying to teach our kids not speak to the help" and drove off.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

Main Paineframe posted:

Because the only jobs that constantly want new employees that much are terrible ones with high turnover rates, terrible ones that can afford infinity employees because they are lovely enough to employees that pay is tied to number of employees or amount of money earned for the company (such as commissioned sales or MLM marketing), and terrible jobs that aren't able to attract enough workers in the first place and are therefore perpetually understaffed.

Or just, you know, companies that are growing.

• Locked thread