Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
when we were younger everyone I knew was across the board progressive. Nowadays we'll be drinking some beers on the porch and someone will toss out some casual racism, or ill be over at a friends house and they'll show me some "pretty interesting website" that turns out to be the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks "eti"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

when we were younger everyone I knew was across the board progressive. Nowadays we'll be drinking some beers on the porch and someone will toss out some casual racism, or ill be over at a friends house and they'll show me some "pretty interesting website" that turns out to be anime.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Ive been wearing spectacles since I was a lad, and voted for george bush the senior and the junior. McCain and Romney. I hate *looks side to side for mods* ...nevermind. Lets just say im against redistribution for people who dont deserve it ;) ;)

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

gameFAQsspinoffETI posted:

when we were younger everyone I knew was across the board progressive. Nowadays we'll be drinking some beers on the porch and someone will toss out some casual racism, or ill be over at a friends house and they'll show me some "pretty interesting website" that turns out to be a holocaust denial conspiracy page

this, but obnoxious Bernie supporters and SJWs

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
the more things change, the more they stay the same. meet the new boss, same as the old boss. to everything turn turn turn. time keeps on slippin slippin slippin into the future. look out kid cause they keep it all hid. manic depression is a frustrating mess.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Doctor J Off posted:

the jews absolutely did 9/11

if you word it just a little bit differently youre absolutely right:

"semites did 9/11"

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I will never vote for a Democrat.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

I will never buy a Honda

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Now that's some nonsense.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I know exactly what you mean op, when we were younger everyone I knew was across the board progressive. Nowadays we'll be drinking some beers on the porch and someone will toss out some casual racism, or ill be over at a friends house and they'll show me some "pretty interesting website" that turns out to be a holocaust denial conspiracy page

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

symbolic posted:

i've been noticing that the older i get, the more people i know seem to be conservative. they might have been conservative before but now they're open about it. it's kind of weird.

Its really simple - the older you get it is more likely that you'll find that you have a stake in society - you're invested in the system with car and house payments and a career and maybe kids to look after. Younger people with less financial commitment, investment and responsibility in society tend to hold more humanitarian, revolutionary and reformist opinions that pose a threat to established power structures. Older people tend towards conservatism to protect their investments - literal and figurative.

in consequence Ii believe we should remove the voting franchise from everybody over the age of 40

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
People with nothing are way more likely to be glad to give away other peoples' somethings.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

People with nothing are way more likely to be glad to give away other peoples' somethings.

shut the gently caress up human being

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
old people tend towards conservtivism because the flynn effect means that the older you are the less intelligent you are in general

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Oberleutnant posted:

shut the gently caress up human being

A nothing haver ^

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
wow that must be difficult

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
you learn as a democrat, but you earn as a republican :smug:

then you realize they are all the same thing and you throw your vote away on the ross perot of the moment

TreFitty
Jan 18, 2003

Nope, I'm from Texas and most everyone stayed there and rolls around in their own poo poo like pigs thinking they've got it all figured out and they're living the life. I have two friends that started going toward the liberal path with me and made tons of friends abroad from all over the world to replace my Texas ties. I still hold on to two conservative stances and am otherwise ridiculously liberal:

1) guns are fine. fix economic pressures and so on and you won't have violence. besides, the guns are out there now and controlling them effectively is impossible
2) Islam is the worst of all religions, but I'm fine with the people (and I'm not religious)

Going on to Facebook is depressing as poo poo because I still have Texas friends connected there and they believe the most retarded things that could be disproved with 5 minutes of Google'ing. And they're proud about their views and think they're the smart ones and just christ someone shoot them please thanks

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TreFitty posted:

Nope, I'm from Texas and most everyone stayed there and rolls around in their own poo poo like pigs thinking they've got it all figured out and they're living the life. I have two friends that started going toward the liberal path with me and made tons of friends abroad from all over the world to replace my Texas ties. I still hold on to two conservative stances and am otherwise ridiculously liberal:

1) guns are fine. fix economic pressures and so on and you won't have violence. besides, the guns are out there now and controlling them effectively is impossible
2) Islam is the worst of all religions, but I'm fine with the people (and I'm not religious)

Going on to Facebook is depressing as poo poo because I still have Texas friends connected there and they believe the most retarded things that could be disproved with 5 minutes of Google'ing. And they're proud about their views and think they're the smart ones and just christ someone shoot them please thanks

Guns own, Muslims don't. Good and honest beliefs.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im not gonna vote in the next election

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

TreFitty posted:

those aren't conservative stances, they are just reality.

gun hysteria is "the left's" version of climate change denial

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

and you know those grays don't deserve it

TreFitty
Jan 18, 2003

PCOS Bill posted:

drat straight.

(don't own any guns yet btw)

TreFitty
Jan 18, 2003

Phobic Nest posted:

and you know those grays don't deserve it
really makes you think, huh?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster, is what I think.

TreFitty
Jan 18, 2003

City of Tampa posted:

those aren't conservative stances, they are just reality.

gun hysteria is "the left's" version of climate change denial

Oh, one more view that I have that makes me cringe when my man crush Bernie Sanders speaks about it: the wage gap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDj_bN0L8XM

It's bullcrap. It's a myth that never dies despite study after study, but the video does a decent job of explaining.

edit: I'm happy that we on this internet forum have everything figured out though!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I didn't know Maddox was an Arab, crazy world.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
I know what you mean. when we were younger everyone I knew was across the board progressive. Nowadays we'll be drinking some beers on the porch and someone will toss out some casual racism, or ill be over at a friends house and they'll show me some "pretty interesting website" that turns out to really be something awful.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

TreFitty posted:

Oh, one more view that I have that makes me cringe when my man crush Bernie Sanders speaks about it: the wage gap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDj_bN0L8XM

It's bullcrap. It's a myth that never dies despite study after study, but the video does a decent job of explaining.

edit: I'm happy that we on this internet forum have everything figured out though!

lol

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
uh well pretty much almost everybody seems extremely right wing to me

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
no i haven't noticed any people around me becoming really right wing. by the way have you guys seen this video from maddox that debunks the idea that females are actually homo sapiens?

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

PCOS Bill posted:

some people arrive at these opinions because they're wannabe bougie bullies and xenophobes and not because they believe in universality of liberation and those people are the worst

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
No, they are the best.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
to appropriate an old saying about poker: “If you're in a conversation about politics and after the first twenty minutes you don't know who the right wing dipshit is, chances are it's you"

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
If you are in a discussion about politics and someone accuses you of being a right wing dipshit, you are probably on like Reddit or something because that doesn't happen in real life.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i hope everyone dies

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
when we were goons everyone I knew was across the board progressive. Nowadays we'll be posting on 4chan and someone will toss out some casual pepe, or ill be over at a imgurians house and they'll show me some "pretty interesting website" that turns out to be reddit

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Maoist Pussy posted:

If you are in a discussion about politics and someone accuses you of being a right wing dipshit, you are probably on like Reddit or something because that doesn't happen in real life.

accusing someone of something and noticing a characteristic they have are two different things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
First of all, describing legitimate political beliefs along a simplistic left-right axis is first order bullshit, almost as if you aren't even aware that there is a Third Way.

• Locked thread