Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Hmmmmm yes I'm going to read all these gender studies linked in the Rowdy Trout forums

Me too
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
i live in the south. i assume basically everybody i know has at least some abhorrent views and ive never been wrong.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

huskarl_marx posted:

uh well no we've seen that women are paid less than men even in the same line of work -- the ledbetter act was based on a woman who was so unjustifiably denied standard compensation despite doing the job well for a very long time

if women were to flock to these jobs they would just be throwing their lives away for less, enriching old men the more

Learn to negotiate pay

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

PCOS Bill posted:

Learn to negotiate pay

four word poo poo post

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

huskarl_marx posted:

four word poo poo post

dont sign your posts

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I for one think the dinner table at Thanksgiving is the perfect opportunity to educate grandma about troons

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

PCOS Bill posted:

Learn to negotiate pay

is there any chance you'd like to tell us why you're willing to bend over backwards to avoid acknowledging sexism

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

is there any chance you'd like to tell us why you're willing to bend over backwards to avoid acknowledging sexism

I don't believe in Santa either

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Is it also sexism that over 90% of on-the-job deaths are male?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kiryen posted:

Oh my god how can you be such a MISOGYNIST

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

It's le Reddit army

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

Kiryen posted:

women are seen as too delicate and fragile to do dangerous jobs and also, *farts loudly*

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Tezzor posted:

it's only to be expected that men make less than women under a fair system, due to their natural sloth, stupidity, proclivity for violence, etc

Look at this guy trying to get laid.

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

philosophically should laws even be amde based on averages? if everyone is their own person and everything....

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
basically everyone i know is pretty politically apathetic with the exception of three guys who now identify as libertarians: one who thinks the government is going to take his guns and throw him into a FEMA death camp any day now, one who is basically a neo-feudalist that likes to smoke weed, and one who thinks that society is going to collapse due to government restrictions on the "job creators" and that this will be his time to become leader of a post-apocalyptic society and organize against the "thugs" who will now rule the streets

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The government would love to take all our guns.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

PCOS Bill posted:

I don't believe in Santa either

I guess that's a no

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Kiryen posted:

yeah

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
it never ceases to amaze me how someone can be all about the rational, evidentiary analysis of one issue like gun control and then when they see the evidence contradicting their favoured beliefs on another subject they shove their fingers in their ears. like how green peace is always like "the science is settled!" on climate change, and they're mostly right about that, but then when the scientific consensus gets in the way of their fearmongering about GM food they suddenly don't believe in science at all.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

A Stupid Baby posted:

as a conservative poster id just like to post in every thread and say notice meeeeeeeeeee

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
my friend group hasn't gotten more conservative... but we have all gotten a bit weird

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

I've noticed that the only people who rail on about sexism are ugly chicks, chicks with mental disorders and betas who are insistent that their girlfriends aren't mental/don't have girlfriends

Would you like to comment, TacticalUrbanHomo?

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

dogstile posted:

I've noticed that the only people who rail on about sexism are ugly chicks, chicks with mental disorders and betas who are insistent that their girlfriends aren't mental/don't have girlfriends

Would you like to comment, TacticalUrbanHomo?

yeah, your confirmation bias is showing

and in this case "confirmation bias" is a euphemism for "propensity to make things up in the belief they support your position"

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
The government should not take our guns. They make suicide so convenient.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Kiryen posted:

Look at this guy trying to get laid.

seems like a bad strategy

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

it never ceases to amaze me how someone can be all about the rational, evidentiary analysis of one issue like gun control and then when they see the evidence contradicting their favoured beliefs on another subject they shove their fingers in their ears. like how green peace is always like "the science is settled!" on climate change, and they're mostly right about that, but then when the scientific consensus gets in the way of their fearmongering about GM food they suddenly don't believe in science at all.

tbh both sides of this debate are full of intensely retarded people because the problem isn't that GMOs may harm people (they probably won't) it's because some GMOs that are patented by under-regulated, evil companies could damage or supplant non-engineered strains of crops.

So if you potentially want monsanto to someday own a patent on the only form of corn that exists anymore yeah definitely perpetuate the idea that opposition to GMOs is something that only crazy people feel. I recognize that there are idiots that oppose GMOs that make it easier to perpetuate this idea though.

hail satan

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
hashtag blue lives matter

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
i went from being an armchair leftist to thinking structural inequalities are impossible to avoid when making policy decisions for populations above village-sized & that there is no utopic end state for the political left or right and instead they're caught in a biblical struggle with no resolution & that time and subjectivity distort just how liberated or oppressed the average person feels at any point in history. like humans have an incredible capacity to adapt to whatever they deem normal so i'm pretty confident the day to day subjective reality of (say) being a slave wasn't nearly as nightmarish as we project from our comfortable 21st century lived experience.

so basically i'm an anti-federalist namaste

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

yeah, your confirmation bias is showing

and in this case "confirmation bias" is a euphemism for "propensity to make things up in the belief they support your position"

Uggo spotted

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Tezzor posted:

i'd just like to say *insane spittle-emitting rant*

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

a retard posted:

lol you serious posted in the shitposting forum

i'm sure there's still a wage gap in certain industries but in general the "women are paid 77 cents to a man's dollar" statistic is flawed because you get it after lumping in a shitload of professions (boilermakers, for instance) where you get paid six figures and like 98% of people in the profession are men

also on average men under 30 are paid less per dollar then women under 30 so it's starting to go both ways

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

huskarl_marx posted:

those people set off the same alarms in my brain that cultish anarchist cliques do but they're really fun to hang around with

Actually, its like going to an orgy with Dave and Kath from Portlandia.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
just an update op i did manage to get my book club into the swimming pool with the concoon so they could become liberals again but they all got a nasty shocked when they jump in with their amazon fires

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
when we were younger everyone I knew was across the board progressive. Nowadays we'll be drinking some beers on the porch and someone will toss out some luelinks "eti", or ill be over at a friends house and they'll show me some "pretty interesting website" that turns out to be a gamefaqs spinoff

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Chinaman is cool, but the rest of you are some serious posting loving idiots

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
As former monkeys we really only 'believe' the things that help us better acclimate to, and climb the ranks of our social groups. We think we believe whatever is most likely to benefit us, whether its in terms of resources or social capital amongst like-minded individuals.

What I'm saying is *ffaaaaarrrrt

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
How does it feel knowing that your snarky tweet about someone else being a racist is just a way of shouting, "I hate the right others; Somebody like me!" to the internet?

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

blarzgh posted:

How does it feel knowing that your snarky tweet about someone else being a racist is just a way of shouting, "I hate the right others; Somebody like me!" to the internet?

if we accept the premise of your claim, people who hate racists to get approval are better than people who get approval by streaming videogames or posting picture of their cats.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
just wanted to stop by and congratulate everyone for making this one of the worst threads in a sea of pretty bad threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Tezzor posted:

if we accept the premise of your claim, people who hate racists to get approval are better than people who get approval by streaming videogames or posting picture of their cats.

no, posting something good or fun is always better than making GBS threads on someone else.

"UUUNNGHHHHLLLEESSSSS THEY DESERVE IT, I HATE YOU, DAD!!!"

• Locked thread