Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

This is Knubbs

We was surrendered to our local Humane Society and my husband couldn't stand the thought that someone could surrender a 17 year old cat. He didn't want him to die at the shelter, so we adopted him. I figured he'd be pretty low energy and geriatric, but he wasn't at all. When we played blanket mice, he looked just like a kitten.

He wormed his way really deep into our hearts, and we adored him.

In October my husband went to visit his family for a week. Knubbs deteriorated so fast I didn't even realize how bad it was until the night before I had to put him to sleep. I had a mobile vet come to the house, so that we could sit in the sun and I could hold him when he died. I'll never forget the feeling of him in my arms that day.

I'm pretty sure this was his favorite day. He slept under the catmint for hours, and when I finally picked him up to bring him in, he protested sleepily.

I'll miss my orange buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

You know, it hurt like hell, but I wouldn't give up the time we had with him for anything. We set out to let him live his golden years in a loving home. That's what we did, and then some. The only thing I regret is not trusting my gut and asking my husband to come home early. He was Knubbs' person, and it hurt him that he didn't get to say good bye.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Oh my god Pancake is soooo cute.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Oh my god this face.