Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Murphy Brownback posted:

If OBJ remains a game time decision like it sounds like he's going to, is anyone considering benching him to be safe? I could swap him with Hurns which isn't that bad of an alternative, but it's hard to get through the coach-speak and find out how likely he is to play, and if he does play how limited he'll be.
I read he could participate in a walkthrough tonight and practice on Sunday. Hopefully we'll get more info from either of those before losing the ability to bench him if necessary. It's a pretty bad spot for us OBJ owners though.

edit: Just noticed Yeldon's projection got dropped to zero and his tier changed to RB2. Sankey, Baldwin, or Rudolph time?

Hazo fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If I'm sitting OBJ, I need to start one of these guys (1 PPR, ESPN standard, 12 teams)

Anquan Boldin vs. Bal
Doug Baldwin vs Car
Rishard Matthews @ Ten
Andre Ellington @ Pit

I'm leaning Boldin, on the basis that: he's playing at home, Kaep seems to have woken up a bit last week, Baltimore is struggling but SF will still likely trail in the late game. But I could easily see any of these other guys having a better game. Thoughts?

e. I could also drop one of the above for Kamar Aiken.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Oct 17, 2015

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I need to choose one for my flex. Due to my wonky scoring, it would be silly to put anything but a RB in my flex
0.5 PPR, 0.3 PP rush. Everything else standard

LeSean McCoy vs. Cincinnati
Dion Lewis at Indy

Leaning Lewis since the Pats are going to drop 100 points on the Colts if they can.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I need to come up with an emergency flex starter for a crappy BYE situation:

Buck/Javorius Allen @SF
Toby Gerhart vs HOU
Darren Sproles vs NYG

I'm really torn between the three, but Allen is on my roster as I grabbed him before Forsetts injury was totally known

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Spoeank posted:

I need to choose one for my flex. Due to my wonky scoring, it would be silly to put anything but a RB in my flex

Dion Lewis at Indy

Leaning Lewis since the Pats are going to drop 100 points on the Colts if they can.

Lewis being questionable is really concerning. Is he legit injured or is Bill just loving with the Colts? Being the Sunday night game only complicates that. If he's active and actually gets used, I definitely agree that he's your better option, but who the gently caress knows what's actually going on there.

I'm in a something of a pickle in my ESPN standard league- started Julio and Matt Bryant Thursday night against my opponent's Freeman, so I'm down 27-12 at this point and have some hard choices with 2 RB, 1 WR and 1 RB/WR/TE to fill for tomorrow:

Ivory vs. WAS
Hopkins @ JAX
Gore vs. NE
A. Brown vs. ARI
CJ?K @ PIT
Ellington @ PIT
Rawls vs. CAR

I think the four in bold are the right choice, but with Vick starting in Pittsburgh, I'm really worried I'm looking at another 5/50/0 sort of day for Brown. I'm also not thrilled at the prospect of Gore's usage in what could very easily being a 52-0 game by halftime. Thoughts or suggestions?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I don't think you can possibly sit Brown for one third of the Ellington/CJ2K/David Johnson RB split in Arizona. I'm sitting Ellington to start Charmander, I'm that concerned about what's going on with Ari. You could make a better argument about Gore vs. New England's defense, compared to one of your bench guys, but I think DSYS still applies there.

Rawls is worth watching but if Beast Mode plays, even in a limited snap count type of situation, I don't think he's a viable alternative for any of your starters.

So I'd say you've got it right, but if Lynch's status changes to Out, you could consider playing him over Gore, if you're desperate. I wouldn't, but I'm a gore fanboy.

JiUC
Aug 3, 2004

X-ray reflectivity is a technique used to study crystalline structures. Making use of Bragg's law, λ=2dsin(θ), one can assess the thickness of a thin film by measuring the angle of total reflection, and compar

would you guys play Bortles v HOU or Cutler @ DET over Mariota v MIA? I've been rolling with Mariota since Romo went down but this weeks concensus rankings seem to have the other two several spots higher

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Veritek83 posted:

Lewis being questionable is really concerning. Is he legit injured or is Bill just loving with the Colts? Being the Sunday night game only complicates that. If he's active and actually gets used, I definitely agree that he's your better option, but who the gently caress knows what's actually going on there.

I'm in a something of a pickle in my ESPN standard league- started Julio and Matt Bryant Thursday night against my opponent's Freeman, so I'm down 27-12 at this point and have some hard choices with 2 RB, 1 WR and 1 RB/WR/TE to fill for tomorrow:

Ivory vs. WAS
Hopkins @ JAX
Gore vs. NE
A. Brown vs. ARI
CJ?K @ PIT
Ellington @ PIT
Rawls vs. CAR

I think the four in bold are the right choice, but with Vick starting in Pittsburgh, I'm really worried I'm looking at another 5/50/0 sort of day for Brown. I'm also not thrilled at the prospect of Gore's usage in what could very easily being a 52-0 game by halftime. Thoughts or suggestions?

You've got it right, I'd say.

JiUC posted:

would you guys play Bortles v HOU or Cutler @ DET over Mariota v MIA? I've been rolling with Mariota since Romo went down but this weeks concensus rankings seem to have the other two several spots higher

I'd go Bortles unless some bad news comes out about his shoulder.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

NFL.com 12 team league, Standard scoring, and I started Brandin Cooks on Thursday night :(

I've got a WR and Flex spot to fill and am concerned as an Odell Beckham owner. I could start Kendall Wright vs Miami in my WR slot and leave Beckham as a flex and swap in Moncrief on Sunday night if it doesn't look promising. Or I could start Moncrief and flex Ahmad Bradshaw if Beckham doesn't go.

I think ideally I would want to start Beckham and Moncrief, but there's risk there where I end up playing Bradshaw instead of Kendall Wright. Anyone have any thoughts?

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

NFL.com 12 team league, Standard scoring, and I started Brandin Cooks on Thursday night :(

I've got a WR and Flex spot to fill and am concerned as an Odell Beckham owner. I could start Kendall Wright vs Miami in my WR slot and leave Beckham as a flex and swap in Moncrief on Sunday night if it doesn't look promising. Or I could start Moncrief and flex Ahmad Bradshaw if Beckham doesn't go.

I think ideally I would want to start Beckham and Moncrief, but there's risk there where I end up playing Bradshaw instead of Kendall Wright. Anyone have any thoughts?
I'd wait for ODB and Moncrief. Cooks has already done poorly for you, if Wright does the same you will be in serious trouble. With two 16 point games and two sub 2 point games, you don't know if it will be Kendall Wright that shows up.... or Kendall Wrong. :downsrim:

There's a possibility that ODB plays, which is the best case scenario, but even if he doesn't, we don't know that Ahmad Bradshaw won't outperform Wright anyway. So why not wait and keep your fingers crossed?

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I need to come up with an emergency flex starter for a crappy BYE situation:

Buck/Javorius Allen @SF
Toby Gerhart vs HOU
Darren Sproles vs NYG

I'm really torn between the three, but Allen is on my roster as I grabbed him before Forsetts injury was totally known
I dropped Sproles once I realized I would never feel good about starting him under any circumstances. He's guaranteed 2 points a game and about 5 touches. He may get a fluke TD here and there but if he doesn't he's garbage. Toby already had his shot and we know he's nothing special.

I'd go with the evil I don't know here in Buck Allen, over the evils I do.

Spoeank posted:

Dion Lewis at Indy

Yeah, I think I like Lewis more. Billy B loves to run up the score. Meanwhile, the Bills are all banged up (including McCoy) and the Cincinnati offense might put this game out of reach pretty quick.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Enforka posted:

I'd wait for ODB and Moncrief. Cooks has already done poorly for you, if Wright does the same you will be in serious trouble. With two 16 point games and two sub 2 point games, you don't know if it will be Kendall Wright that shows up.... or Kendall Wrong. :downsrim:

There's a possibility that ODB plays, which is the best case scenario, but even if he doesn't, we don't know that Ahmad Bradshaw won't outperform Wright anyway. So why not wait and keep your fingers crossed?

This is the way that I was leaning, thanks. And I feel like Odell is going to start, so the point will likely be moot. Fingers crossed!

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Hyde (Q) or Miller?

Rivers or Bradford?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Defense choices:
Min vs KC
Det vs CHI
Cin @ BUF
Ten vs MIA

Currently have Min in my lineup because Smith gets sacked so much and JC is out. I am intrigued by Cin with tyrod out though... Going TN because Defense wins championships has them ranked highest projected points of available and marked high floor. :effort:
https://empeopled.com/c/206089

365 Nog Hogger fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 18, 2015

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer
Can I still get on the Bort :bandwagon: if I have Russell Wilson? I feel like he's gonna have a meh game against Carolina

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!
With Lynch back and Rawles and the line doing well at run blocking last week you can count on then running a whole lot which means less counting on Wilson. Of course that also means there's going to be less pressure on Wilson, it's probably pretty even.

Piggles fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Oct 18, 2015

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Pews posted:

Can I still get on the Bort :bandwagon: if I have Russell Wilson? I feel like he's gonna have a meh game against Carolina

Jagwires
May 31, 2009
ESPN Standard League

Ronnie Hillman @Cle
or
Ahmad Bradshaw vs NE

Haven't really followed the news on Bradshaw other than he signed with the Colts. Is he even playing right away?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Lamar Miller @ TEN
or
Antonio Andrews vs MIA

No PPR

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Charmander vs. Vikings

Or

Blount vs. Colts

My initial thought process is start Charmander, cause Knile Davis was fantasy money in that role last year. But, I know he's an unknown commodity. But, Vikings have one of the worst run defenses in the league. But, what if the ball goes back to Knile Davis and this Charmander hype was all bs?

But, the Patriots have 15 rushing TDs on the last 4 games against Luck. Most of those coming from Blount. Blount FRIED the Colts in the playoffs for 3 TDs. But, Belichick RBs. Dion Lewis is banged up, but if there's one thing that seems constant...Blount has to eat Colts.

0.5 PPR, I'm torn.

....I could sit Gore and play both of them...

89 fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Oct 18, 2015

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Daedra posted:

Lamar Miller @ TEN
or
Antonio Andrews vs MIA

No PPR

Miller

Still need thoughts here with my horde of lovely RBs

Bellmaker posted:

0.5 PPR, Freeman crowbar'd my dreams like they were a headcrab so I need all of the points:

Need an RB2 and a flex:
Ivory vWAS
L. Miller @TEN
Charmander @MIN
Decker vWAS
Hillman @CLE
Bradshaw vNE
Abdullah vCHI

RB1 is BEAST MODE, leaning Ivory and Hillman

e: Someone dropped Ellington, he's @PIT?!

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
Should I start Reuben Randal over Jeremy Hill or Chris Johnson? I think I may just pick one of the names out of a hat.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Need some help with my RB/WR clusterfuck and injury shenanigans. .5 PPR, need two RBs, two WRs and two WR/RBs:

Chris Johnson AT PIT
Dion Lewis/LeGarrette Blount AT IND
Anquan Boldin VS BAL
Jordan Matthews VS NYG
Travis Benjamin VS DEN
Odell Beckham/Rueben Randle AT PHI
Justin Forsett AT SF
Rishard Matthews AT TEN

I also have Javorius Allen, but I won't be at a computer to change my lineups between the inactives coming out and the game starting as I would be for the NE and NYG games.

I'm leaning towards CJ2K, Lewis/Blount, Beckham/Randle, Benjamin, Forsett and Boldin, but I really don't know.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
GAME-TIME DECISIONS:

RB - pick 2, yahoo .5ppr 6ptd
Lewis @ IND
Forsett @ SF
Charcandrick @MIN

Flex - pick 1
T Benjamin
Hilton v NE
[3rd RB]

Mainly just worried about Lewis and Forsett.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
.5ppr
Pick one
Barnridge vs DEN
Garçon @NYJ
Bradshaw @NE

I am leaning towards Barnridge

Sheeple
Nov 1, 2011
Final word for bortles vs cutler vs Mariota? I need someone to blame when it inevitably goes to poo poo.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Sheeple posted:

Final word for bortles vs cutler vs Mariota? I need someone to blame when it inevitably goes to poo poo.

I'd still go Bort.

Standard Flex Spot
Antonio Andrews
David Johnson
Toby Gerhart
Martavias Bryant

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Sheeple posted:

Chris Bortenson, or as he's known on Twitter, @BortReport

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
12-man ESPN Standard, 6 TD, 0 PPR:

FLEX (pick 2)
Allen Hurns, JAX @ HOU
Doug Baldwin, SEA vs. CAR
Sammy Watkins, BUF vs CIN
Richard Rodgers, GB vs. SD

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Half PPR. Pick a RB: Antonio Andrews, Buck Allen, Denard Robinson, Isaiah Crowell. Then decide if any would be a better flex than Allen Robinson.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Half PPR. Pick a RB: Antonio Andrews, Buck Allen, Denard Robinson, Isaiah Crowell. Then decide if any would be a better flex than Allen Robinson.

I'm expecing Antonio to have a great day running all over Miami, but in PPR, I think Allen Robinson is going to see a lot of targets, even if he shares with Hurns. I think Antonio's more likely to see the endzone, though.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Vargo posted:

I'm expecing Antonio to have a great day running all over Miami, but in PPR, I think Allen Robinson is going to see a lot of targets, even if he shares with Hurns. I think Antonio's more likely to see the endzone, though.

Works for me. I have Antonio and Robinson slotted in now.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Crowell, No.

EDIT: Oh, Denver. Welp.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
So, with Yeldon out, I have options. Terrible options.

League 1, PPR Flex:
G. Tate vs CHI
R. Matthews @ TEN
L Blount vs IND

League 2, small bench, .5 PPR:
CJ Anderson @ CLE (yuck)
Or I could pick up Gerhart... God drat

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Rick Grimes posted:

So, with Yeldon out, I have options. Terrible options.

League 1, PPR Flex:
G. Tate vs CHI
R. Matthews @ TEN
L Blount vs IND

League 2, small bench, .5 PPR:
CJ Anderson @ CLE (yuck)
Or I could pick up Gerhart... God drat

Blount and Anderson.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Standard scoring, choose which TEN player to play :
Antonio Andrews vs MIA
Delanie Walker vs MIA

I feel like they are both low floor players with the possibility to vulture TDs. Walker probably most likely to get >3?

Another league, also standard scoring, pick one RB and one flex:
Jeremy Hill @ BUF
Antonio Andrews vs MIA

Loser from above
Anquan Bolden vs BAL
Kelce @ MIN

I have had Kelce in all year, but outside of the first week pulling his average up he has been pretty disappointing. Currently have Hill in, I feel like they are both TD vultures at this point, but Hill is the more established one?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Vargo posted:

12-man ESPN Standard, 6 TD, 0 PPR:

FLEX (pick 2)
Allen Hurns, JAX @ HOU
Doug Baldwin, SEA vs. CAR
Richard Rodgers, GB vs. SD

Allen Hurns, JAX @ HOU

OxySnake posted:

I'd still go Bort.

Standard Flex Spot
Antonio Andrews
David Johnson
Toby Gerhart
Martavias Bryant

Antonio Andrews for floor, Martavias Bryant for boom/bust

TheJunkyardGod posted:

Should I start Reuben Randal over Jeremy Hill or Chris Johnson? I think I may just pick one of the names out of a hat.

PPR? Prolly still Chris Johnson

---

Need a FLEX, 0.5 PPR
R. Hillman @CLE, L. Miller @TEN, or E. Decker vWAS? Need boom over high floor, opponent had Freeman :sigh:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
The Texans-Jags game is expected to have 20+ mph winds, so i'm not sure if this will effect you guys picking Bortles.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Pain of Mind posted:

Standard scoring, choose which TEN player to play :
Antonio Andrews vs MIA
Delanie Walker vs MIA

I feel like they are both low floor players with the possibility to vulture TDs. Walker probably most likely to get >3?

Another league, also standard scoring, pick one RB and one flex:
Jeremy Hill @ BUF
Antonio Andrews vs MIA

Loser from above
Anquan Bolden vs BAL
Kelce @ MIN

I have had Kelce in all year, but outside of the first week pulling his average up he has been pretty disappointing. Currently have Hill in, I feel like they are both TD vultures at this point, but Hill is the more established one?

Antonio.
Hill
Kelce

Pick 3!
Blount vs. Indy
Gore vs. Patriots War Machine
Charmander vs Vikings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Chill Penguin posted:

GAME-TIME DECISIONS:

RB - pick 2, yahoo .5ppr 6ptd
Lewis @ IND
Forsett @ SF
Charcandrick @MIN

Flex - pick 1
T Benjamin
Hilton v NE
[3rd RB]

Mainly just worried about Lewis and Forsett.

Am I hosed here??

• Locked thread