Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Been playing Super Meat Boy and it's really pissing me off. Upset over one level in particular, to the point that I'm now screaming at my game over it.

So my mom finally comes into my room and wants me to calm down because I'm "overreacting" to a video game. "HERE YOU loving TRY IT MOM!" and I throw the controller at her and tell her how you play, and figure she'll understand why I'm so pissed off when she tries it for herself.

Does it in one try. :stare:

I am struggling my loving rear end off trying to beat this ridiculous piece of poo poo level and she does it in ONE loving TRY. DOES IT IN ONE GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING TRY HOW HOW THE gently caress MOM. Now I'm really pissed. I lose my poo poo and I stop on my PS4 is a fit of rage. Now my PS4 doesn't loving work and my mom is pissed at me for breaking it, and now I have to pay her back for breaking it because it was expensive. Everything is so hosed up right now I don't know what to do. :(

Even if I do pay her back I am probably not gonna get another PS4 because she's upset over how mad I got over the game and doesn't want to buy me another system just for me to break it again. Like what the gently caress? Even if I break it, it's MY game so let me do what I want with it you loving bitch. Very upset right now over all this and I've just been sitting in my room crying all day because my mom is being such a bitch to me. Everything is so hosed up and I hate my mom and I loving HATE SUPER MEAT BOY! Now I gotta go rake leaves in the neighborhood and poo poo to make money instead of playing video games because my mom is better at Super Meat Boy that me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Jamesman posted:

Been playing Super Meat Boy and it's really pissing me off. Upset over one level in particular, to the point that I'm now screaming at my game over it.

So my mom finally comes into my room and wants me to calm down because I'm "overreacting" to a video game. "HERE YOU loving TRY IT MOM!" and I throw the controller at her and tell her how you play, and figure she'll understand why I'm so pissed off when she tries it for herself.

I am struggling my loving rear end off trying to beat this ridiculous piece of poo poo level and she does it in ONE loving TRY. DOES IT IN ONE GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING TRY HOW HOW THE gently caress MOM. Now I'm really pissed. I lose my poo poo and I stop on my PS4 is a fit of rage. Now my PS4 doesn't loving work and my mom is pissed at me for breaking it, and now I have to pay her back for breaking it because it was expensive. Everything is so hosed up right now I don't know what to do. :(

Even if I do pay her back I am probably not gonna get another PS4 because she's upset over how mad I got over the game and doesn't want to buy me another system just for me to break it again. Like what the gently caress? Even if I break it, it's MY game so let me do what I want with it you loving bitch. Very upset right now over all this and I've just been sitting in my room crying all day because my mom is being such a bitch to me. Everything is so hosed up and I hate my mom and I loving HATE SUPER MEAT BOY! Now I gotta go rake leaves in the neighborhood and poo poo to make money instead of playing video games because my mom is better at Super Meat Boy that me.

LotteryofBabylon's gimmick wasn't funny in the IoSM thread and it only got less funny here

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
gently caress, sorry. I had two threads open and I meant to post that elsewhere. :(

I guess... if you read the first letter of every sentence, it still qualifies as a meme...

Jamesman has a new favorite as of 14:24 on Oct 19, 2015

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Jamesman posted:

same but I hosed your mom

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Jamesman posted:

gently caress, sorry. I had two threads open and I meant to post that elsewhere. :(

I guess... if you read the first letter of every sentence, it still qualifies as a meme...

Now, Jamesman, I'm very much interested to hear what other thread you had intended to post that in.

e: Tumblr, right? I'm betting it was Tumblr.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
You people don't know a good meme when you see it. :mad:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

http://imgur.com/ApWQo3e

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Jamesman posted:

4/10.
  • Too believable at face value.
  • And this kind of gag needs to be a bit sillier and nonsensical, or maybe a completely serious non-sequitur about something completely unrelated like the Bolshevik Revolution or the quality of life of the first European settlers.
  • Not enough BEATH
  • Excessively wordy for what you were going for.

I think you aughta put more thought into the next one. Memes can be spur of the moment things, but the best ones take effort and care. Give it another shot after reflecting on what made this one fail. And next time, stick with it instead of giving it away immediately. You might just have what it takes to become a memelord one day :toot:

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Jamesman posted:

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I think you aughta put more thought into the next one. Memes can be spur of the moment things, but the best ones take effort and care. Give it another shot after reflecting on what made this one fail. And next time, stick with it instead of giving it away immediately. You might just have what it takes to become a memelord one day :toot:

Sanitary Naptime has a new favorite as of 15:13 on Oct 19, 2015

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Jamesman posted:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Have you considered not continuing this derail? Everyone is going to start doing this now. You're a disappointment.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

4/10.
  • Too believable at face value.
  • And this kind of gag needs to be a bit sillier and nonsensical, or maybe a completely serious non-sequitur about something completely unrelated like the Bolshevik Revolution or the quality of life of the first European settlers.
  • Not enough BEATH
  • Excessively wordy for what you were going for.

But everyone was missing the joke and I didn't want to get in trouble for shitposting or something, so I felt like I had to just come out and spell it out for people so they understood what I was doing. Everyone's so used to pictures in the meme thread, I guess a regular post just kinda didn't register with anyone. :(

Anyway, maybe I just need to post more in the Meme threads. Try to get more of a presence so people know what I'm all about and that I'm not here to be a jerk. Hopefully people will be able to "get" me after a while.

Jamesman has a new favorite as of 16:36 on Oct 19, 2015

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh no, someone threadshat in the meme thread again, ain't that just great. Well I guess that's that then. Gas this poo poo and let's start over, see if we can get it right this time. Like every drat time we try and do this someone threadshits. How many times is it now, like five? In as many years? Well thanks a lot rear end in a top hat <:mad:>.

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe

Jamesman posted:

But everyone was missing the joke and I didn't want to get in trouble for shitposting or something, so I felt like I had to just come out and spell it out for people so they understood what I was doing. Everyone's so used to pictures in the meme thread, I guess a regular post just kinda didn't register with anyone. :(

Anyway, maybe I just need to post more in the Meme threads. Try to get more of a presence so people know what I'm all about and that I'm now here to be a jerk. Hopefully people will be able to "get" me after a while.

:holymoley:

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

FULL AUTISM NOW

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh great now I've got the threadshits.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Karate Bastard posted:

Oh no, someone threadshat in the meme thread again, ain't that just great. Well I guess that's that then. Gas this poo poo and let's start over, see if we can get it right this time. Like every drat time we try and do this someone threadshits. How many times is it now, like five? In as many years? Well thanks a lot rear end in a top hat <:mad:>.

OWGLHIW? What the hell does that mean?

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Read the last letter of each sentence

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Is threadshitting the meme thread a meme?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

TNESESE?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Jamesman posted:

Anyway, maybe I just need to post more in the Meme threads. Try to get more of a presence so people know what I'm all about and that I'm not here to be a jerk. Hopefully people will be able to "get" me after a while.

Step 1: Go to 4chan
Step 2: Make a green text post of your meme
Step 3: Screenshot it
Step 4: Compress it so it looks lovely
Step 5: Post it in meme thread
Step 6: Beath
Step 7: Bask in the adulation of the meme thread goons as they raise you up as their new king and savior

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Its obviously contagious.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Perhaps I'm overreacting. On the other hand that poo poo's getting way old. On the other other hand this is the meme thread. Perhaps I should just have just let it slide.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe it's time to close your web browser and go outside

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

Perhaps I'm overreacting. On the other hand that poo poo's getting way old. On the other other hand this is the meme thread. Perhaps I should just have just let it slide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fvTxv46ano

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

PCOS Bill posted:

Jesus gently caress, this dude should have posted the thing and hung back and waited for someone to decipher it.

Instead they got all wussy "oooh i might get probated" - like anyone would loving care enogh to porbate them

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

PCOS Bill posted:

Poop on you.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

KoRMaK posted:

Jesus gently caress, this dude should have posted the thing and hung back and waited for someone to decipher it.

Instead they got all wussy "oooh i might get probated" - like anyone would loving care enogh to porbate them

PCOS Bill posted:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

KoRMaK posted:

JI?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
All my posts in this thread are super-true.

Let us go back to the old ways.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Hell yes

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

SpacePig posted:

Is threadshitting the meme thread a meme?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Karate Bastard posted:

If the horse still exists it has not been beaten enough.

Furthermore,

http://imgur.com/t/dickbutt/mXrE6gc

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

bustercasey
Apr 9, 2012
Gary’s Answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

• Locked thread