Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Same here.
I recall a speed reading app that would scroll all the text in one huge line and you could change the rate. Turns out most people can read much faster that way and retention only drops a little.

It's called Spritz.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

ThaGhettoJew posted:

Is pizza a sandwich?

Food on bread. That's a sandwich.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your Computer posted:

I wish I had taken a picture, but the worst mayo atrocity I've seen was in Japan. It was plain spaghetti with mayo.. in a hot dog bun. Wrapped in plastic and sold at a convenience store.

I've eaten worse convenience store food.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Hyperlynx posted:

Get yourself this Chrome extension (or the equivalent in your other browser). I don't know how anyone can read SA without it, to be honest.

One of the first things I do in any browser is install YouTube Link Title.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Their dog has full hard... grids? but it has no "out". What? :psyduck:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I didn't get Moon Moon Moon Moon. :(

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

om nom nom posted:

Arrested Development season 4 was the single biggest letdown I have ever experienced across all of electronic media. The original three seasons were so good and season 4 was rumored for so long and I was so excited for it, and it came out as garbage.

Season 3 was a distinct drop in quality and it wasn't surprising that the fourth one was no good.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I don't know why, but this one made me laugh out loud.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

What is that an ad for? It's so annoying I've never seen enough of it to find out.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2PHFBlr-jM

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

PittTheElder posted:

The Face McFace thing is dumb.

That's why it's funny.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

That is clearly the Diet Coke Kitten.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

du -hast posted:

Does anyone else read this as "I have lost respect for you as [you] are a compassionate human being?" ie the missing Oxford comma. Or am I nuts.

I don't think it's possible to read it that way unless you assume the writer has very poor grammar. It could be either "I have lost all respect for you (as a thinking and compassionate human being, although I may still respect you for other things)" or "As a thinking and compassionate human being myself, I have lost all respect for you."

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Ak Gara posted:

Also Imgur isn't actually an image host. It's against their rules for you to upload images to post on other websites.

That's not correct. The exact wording is "don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge ... we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images ... and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com"

What they don't want you to do is use them as image hosting for an entire website. Obviously you can use them to post images on forums or whatever. They specifically give you direct image links and BBcode to make it easier to do so.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

That's not even a dilemma. You save A Grand Day Out because it's the only good one.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Zzulu posted:

What was creepy about any of that

I also saw jennifer lawrences naughty bits

You knew she didn't want people to look at the pictures and they'd been distributed without her consent, and yet you decided to look at them anyway. Do you also think it's fine to look through people's bathroom windows as long as they don't know you're there?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

That's not a good analogy.

It's not even an analogy, it's the exact same thing. Someone doesn't want you to see them naked, and you know that, but you contrive to see them naked anyway without their knowledge. It makes no difference whether you're looking at a photo you're not supposed to have or through a window you shouldn't be at.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

DontMockMySmock posted:

6 trillion John Cenas would form a celestial body with a mass of 6.84 x 10^14 kg. This makes them approximately as large as a medium-sized asteroid. The sun, meanwhile, masses around 2 x 10^30 kg. In any conceivable encounter between these two objects, the one that is 3,000,000,000,000,000 times bigger is going to win.

I know what you're thinking: can't the John Cenas just, like, punch the sun really hard or hit it with 6 trillion folding chairs or suplex it or something? Well, despite what photos like the above seem, the sun does not really have a "surface." The hot gas (or plasma, if you want to call it that) that is glowing white-hot on the surface of the sun does not give way to outer space - instead, there is a continuous thinning of the atmosphere that only appears to have a boundary. The boundary we see is just the edge between "stuff hot enough to be opaque glowing stuff" and "stuff not quite that hot." So, long before the John Cenas got close to this "surface," they would be well inside the Sun, and be melted and evaporated into gas. And so would their folding chairs. You can't punch gas, nor can you suplex something you can't grab.

Yeah, but it's John Cena though. He's been WWE World Champion like, 12 times. And he will never give up.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

beato posted:

Don't get me wrong I like the content. Not a fan of having to click through to Twitter to see the post though.

But the tweets are embedded in the post?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

his name is apparently "Betelgeuse," according to the credits, because Tim Burton, I guess
It's also spelled that way on his business card, and there's a joke in the film about the pronouncing it wrong. The only place it's misspelled is the title and it really annoys me.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swh4OhWU5Yc

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Oldpainless? More like oldmemeless.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

DeusExMachinima posted:

I don't understand either of these and I feel like I'm missing out. :11tea:

You are. Watch the first ten seasons of The Simpsons immediately.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

I think it takes a certain degree of personal terribleness to achieve "Landerig". Like, if I would do the same thing noone would loving care, or they would say "lol wtf you put yourself in chaotic neutral you dweeb" and I would say "lol yeah" and that would be that.

I think it was definitely a combination of factors, starting with the fact that several different alignment charts had already been posted and a lot of people were already calling them dumb, then his was especially dumb, but also he put himself in it (in the worst possible spot) and then when people laughed at him he got really defensive about it, which made it stick around longer and become more memorable. Like, that "my girlfriend and I threaten to leave each other all the time" thing still gets quoted, but who remembers who said it? It didn't stick to them because they didn't get defensive and make a big deal about it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Chard posted:

Friends, let's just agree that all weiners look like weird space aliens.

Let's not be sexist about it, all genitals are weird looking.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Stale Saltines posted:

I have never once read a Prince Valiant.

Well, you should. It's great.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

syscall girl posted:

Why do they always joke about it on tv shows when they play a song clip and then cut it real quick so they "[don't] have to pay for it"

Because the hosts/writers know as little about how copyright actually works as the average audience member.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Mister Olympus posted:

You can just say "diabetic muslims" because islam prohibits alcohol as well. 1/10 meme
"Alcoholic, diabetic Jews" preserves the joke better.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

the nice thing about a show like "have you been paying attention" is that they keep things moving quickly enough that it's easy to ignore jokes that fall flat.
And the bad thing about it is all the racism. Did you know that Sam Pang is Asian? Isn't that funny!

• Locked thread