Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

quote:

Memes are frameworks; they’re skeletons. They often contain jokes, but they are not, in and of themselves, funny.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

Fart Sandwiches posted:

thank mr. awful app for not auto loading gifs

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

What is this mass-produced Chinese sweatshop Pepe garbage

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

KoRMaK posted:

That half a press vid and all the memes coming from it is amazing and im glad to have been exposed to both the video and the memes.

:agreed: I haven't felt like this since I first got into memeing back in '02 (though that's not what we called it back then). People talk about 'chasing the dragon' and never catching it, but goddamn if this isn't the dankest, freshest, hottest poo poo I've seen since then.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

I appreciate the thread title change, because this iteration of the meme thread has been devastatingly bereft of Beath

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

Dungeon Ecology posted:

uhhh holy poo poo i definitely went to college and did some campus volunteer poo poo with one of these girls like 10 years ago

But did you get head

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

twoday posted:

Pard is a paard, a horse, like a nijlpaard (Nile horse aka hippopotamus). I still go to my Dutch butcher in Amsterdam every other week and buy paardevlees (horse meat). Leo is also not the current or past Dutch spelling for lion, which is "leeuw" but it's pronounced close to "leo" so "leeuwpaard" would be transcribed by an Englishman as leopard.

Meer in Dutch means "more." It might also be related to a verb for looking, so they may be "starecats." In English the word cat is not usually spelled with a k, but a c. Even in olden times. The fact that the Dutch have a different word for it now does not exclude the possibility that they used to call it a "meerkat" and that was then adapted by the English before the Dutch renamed it.

Also, keep in mind that there were no spelling conventions in the age of exploration in the Netherlands or England.

Ugh, I guess I will look up the etymology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

Alaois posted:

failed stage magician abortion Randy Pitchford

• Locked thread