Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

prattforms: everything but vita 3ds and pc

People are poo poo talkign this game but i got to play it at a gamestop and it's actually pretty fun and clever. the additional row of buttons makes it unique and harder. who else is getting it its only $89 on amazon for prime members with a guitar.

Guitar Hero Live has 3 gimicks:
*6 buttons, 2 sets of 3 rows
It sounds like ez baby mode but it's actually cool. now you can make real chord shapes, kinda, and it makes it all kinds of new and different. But the important thing is it's easy to play like classic guitar hero

*You play alongside a FMV band who get mad / stoked depending on how you do.
I tried this out at gamestop you don't even notice it. When you do though its really cool but it's not a big deal and people whining about it are stupid, who cares about visuals in guitar hero or rock band

*Guitar Hero TV
the future.

who develop this game
freestyle games who made the excellent underappreciated DJ Hero. So they know what they're doing.

guitar hero tvb is a cool idea you get free dlc in a music video station format. think classic MTV with a constant guitar path on it.

oh yeah and unlike the incompetants at harmonix there's actual online play and score attack. you know, because you're playign a video game.

songs in this game:
"According to You" Orianthi
"Also Am I" 36 Crazyfists
"American Idiot" Green Day
"Another is Waiting" The Avett Brothers
"Are You Gonna Be My Girl" Jet
"Asleep at the Wheel" Band of Skulls
"Bangarang" Skrillex featuring Sirah
"Been Away Too Long" Soundgarden
"Before He Cheats" Carrie Underwood
"Before I Forget" Slipknot
"Best Day of My Life" American Authors
"Bitter Rivals" Sleigh Bells
"Bones Exposed" Of Mice & Men
"Breaking the Law" Judas Priest
"Buddy Holly" Weezer
"Bulls on Parade" Rage Against the Machine
"Cherry Pie" Warrant
"Chop Suey!" System of a Down
"The Clincher" Chevelle
"Club Foot" Kasabian
"Cochise" Audioslave
"Come On Over" Royal Blood
"Come with Me Now" Kongos
"Coming of Age" Foster the People
"Cool Kids" Echosmith
"Counting Stars" OneRepublic
"Cowboys from Hell" Pantera
"Cry of Achilles" Alter Bridge
"Cult of Personality" Living Colour
"Deliver Us" In Flames
"Demon Dance" Surfer Blood
"Demon to Lean On" Wavves
"Diamond Eyes" Deftones
"Disposable Teens" Marilyn Manson
"Don't Owe You a Thang" Gary Clark, Jr.
"Down with the Sickness" Disturbed
"Drive" Incubus
"Epic" Faith No More
"Everybody Talks" Neon Trees
"Eye of the Tiger" Survivor
"Famous" Charli XCX
"Feel So Close" Calvin Harris
"The Final Episode" Asking Alexandria
"Freak on a Leash" Korn
"Ghost Walking" Lamb of God
"Girls/Girls/Boys" Panic! at the Disco
"Girl's Not Grey" AFI
"Going to Hell" The Pretty Reckless
"Gold on the Ceiling" The Black Keys
"Got the Time" Anthrax
"Gravedigger" Architects
"Guerrilla Radio" Rage Against the Machine
"Hangar 18" Megadeth
"Harlem" New Politics
"A Heartbreak" Angus & Julia Stone
"High Road" Mastodon
"Higher Ground" Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Hit Me With Your Best Shot (Live)" Pat Benatar
"Ho Hey" The Lumineers
"Hold Back the River" James Bay
"I Gotsta Get Paid" ZZ Top
"I Have a Problem" Beartooth
"In Due Time" Killswitch Engage
"In the End" Black Veil Brides
"Kathleen" Catfish and the Bottlemen
"King for a Day" Pierce the Veil feat. Kellin Quinn
"Lazerray" TV on the Radio
"The Lazy Song" Bruno Mars
"Leave It Alone" Broken Bells
"Left Hand Free" alt-J
"Let Her Go" Passenger
"Lies" Deap Vally
"Limelight" Rush
"Little Monster" Royal Blood
"Lived a Lie" You Me at Six
"The Looking Glass" Dream Theater
"Love Bites (So Do I)" Halestorm
"Lust for Life" Iggy Pop
"Metal Zone" The Vines
"Mind Your Manners" Pearl Jam
"Moaning Lisa Smile" Wolf Alice
"More Than a Feeling" Boston
"Move Shake Hide" Marmozets
"My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)" Fall Out Boy
"Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na)" My Chemical Romance
"No Shows" Gerard Way
"Now" Paramore
"Nuclear Family" Green Day
"The Ocean" Tonight Alive
"Paint It Black" The Rolling Stones
"Pedestrian at Best" Courtney Barnett
"Right Back at It Again" A Day to Remember
"Rimbaud Eyes" Dum Dum Girls
"Rise Up" Cypress Hill feat. Tom Morello
"The Rock Show" Blink-182
"Round and Round" Ratt
"San Francisco" The Mowgli's
"Sex on Fire" Kings of Leon
"Shadow Moses" Bring Me the Horizon
"Sing" Ed Sheeran
"Sirens" Pearl Jam
"Sometimes" Blitz Kids
"Sounds Like Balloons" Biffy Clyro
"Stone" Alice in Chains
"Stricken" Disturbed
"Strife" Trivium
"Sundial" Wolfmother
"Sweet Remain" Vista Chino
"Take a Walk" Passion Pit
"Temper Temper" Bullet for My Valentine
"Thunder Kiss '65" White Zombie
"Thunder on the Mountain" Bob Dylan
"Tie Your Mother Down" Queen
"Time to Pretend" MGMT
"Tragedy + Time" Rise Against
"Tribute" Tenacious D
"Under Cover of Darkness" The Strokes
"Under the Pressure" The War on Drugs
"We Are the Champions" Queen
"What Doesn't Kill You" Jake Bugg
"When You Were Young" The Killers
"The Wire" Haim

plus the thousands others on GHTV.

but but my dlc doesnt carry over :qq: :qq:
who cares, do you really miss playing oasis album from 2007?

i heard gh tv isnt real master tracks!!
Babys complain that GHTV aren't master tracks but who seriously cares. if you still think you're a real rockstar playing real music in the year 2015 then you have serious mental health issues. plot twist: later Rock Band DLC wasn't even using master tracks either, instead using audio dampening and yet people didn't even notice either.

who else is getting it

Empress Brosephine fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Oct 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im not getting it because its not on the PC, OP

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but it looks fun

TheGreatDave
Apr 27, 2009

Can't see any valid reason for anybody to buy rb4 over this innovative new experience

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's surprising it's not on PC, it actually would work well on it. Oh well.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gamertag is guitarherofan111 if anyone wants to add me

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Most important question:

Is the strum bar clicky or spongy?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

are the hit fan favorite guitar hero characters returning for this new blockbuster title

who could forget eddie riggs and

vaguely kiss guy and

uh

zeus

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I wasn't the slightest bit interested in this until they announced vocals a few months ago, because the karaoke stuff is what I usually play in these games. Might pick this up at some point, the tracklist is looking pretty decent at least.

Needs more of this though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1zv3_aJbSU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Wait there's no Buckethead. gently caress this game.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kelp Plankton posted:

are the hit fan favorite guitar hero characters returning for this new blockbuster title

who could forget eddie riggs and

vaguely kiss guy and

uh

zeus

my favorite is feminism idol oh wait wrong game thats in rock band lol

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also it has a clicky strumbar. the frets aren't raised though on the guitar they're rock band style but still a button so no mushy bullshit

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Abu Dave posted:

my favorite is feminism idol oh wait wrong game thats in rock band lol

rock band doesnt have characters you just make your own

like marty mcfly and obama

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kelp Plankton posted:

rock band doesnt have characters you just make your own

like marty mcfly and obama

in rock band 4 your choices are asian man and female with daddy issues old rock band game shad the real creator rip

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

e; whoops wrong game heres a view of the guitar

KamikazeJim
Sep 15, 2006

oh fuck are you seeing this bomb man. ARE YOU SEEING THIS?

Doc Morbid posted:

I wasn't the slightest bit interested in this until they announced vocals a few months ago, because the karaoke stuff is what I usually play in these games. Might pick this up at some point, the tracklist is looking pretty decent at least.

Needs more of this though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1zv3_aJbSU

lmbo i forgot how butt ugly the original GH was. and that highway angle is atrocious wtf.

im a dumb rhythm game nerd and have my xbone version on preorder at my local gamestop because i cant stop spending money on plastic instrument games for real. i didn't buy band hero though, that poo poo looked bad. i have a dj hero controller in storage because lol.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dont forget; no hammer ons or pull offs in GH1

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

there were HOPOs in GH1 but the window for them was really tight because hamdix :argh:

edit: also that youtube video is stretched so it looks even worse than it should, gh1 was in 4:3

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well anyways this game will be british so already you know itll be A+_

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Abu Dave posted:

e; whoops wrong game heres a view of the guitar

Hi, folks!

Abu Dave is an insane idiot who gets laughed at for being wrong all the time and having mini-meltdowns in the other rhythm game threads, where we also talk about Guitar Hero Live once in a while; everyone thinks it's pretty cool over there, too, but it probably deserves its own thread to at least recap everything about it.

It looks good! The new button layout is pretty cool! It's made by FreeStyleGames, who made those really cool DJ Hero games! All the songs in the game are master recordings, but the songs in that big long list are in two distinct categories.

"Guitar Hero Live" separates the stems from the studio masters and you play them over FMV over a bunch of made-up bands to simulate rocking out on a stage. These are the songs you can play whenever you want when you buy the game; there's 43 of them. We're not 100% sure which are which, outside of a bunch they've shown with FMV band footage.

"Guitar Hero TV" is the rest of that big long list. It's the master recordings, but not the stems, which means the guitar won't cut out of the mix if you flub it. Not a big deal. These are like DLC, but different. You get 2 "channels" of constantly-cycling songs, and you can play whatever song is streaming at that moment for free. There's also a freemium token economy to grind out unlocking those songs for a single play at a time, like a jukebox. You can also pay in real money for a limited-time karaoke-style all-access pass, or to pick an individual song to unlock permanently. This all sounds like DLC, but it's not, because these songs are all online-only, regardless of what you've fed or paid into them. The "thousands" he's talking about will come as they're rolled out, but there are the launch add-on songs in this system.

If you remember users like Methodis or tuxracer69 Dave is hovering somewhere around there right now. Thanks for reading!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Gaspar Lewis posted:

"Guitar Hero TV" is the rest of that big long list. It's the master recordings, but not the stems, which means the guitar won't cut out of the mix if you flub it. Not a big deal. These are like DLC, but different. You get 2 "channels" of constantly-cycling songs, and you can play whatever song is streaming at that moment for free. There's also a freemium token economy to grind out unlocking those songs for a single play at a time, like a jukebox. You can also pay in real money for a limited-time karaoke-style all-access pass, or to pick an individual song to unlock permanently. This all sounds like DLC, but it's not, because these songs are all online-only, regardless of what you've fed or paid into them. The "thousands" he's talking about will come as they're rolled out, but there are the launch add-on songs in this system.

I gotta pay for the plastic guitar and I can't even pay a one time fee to play a song forever? That actually sounds kind of dumb.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
You can, but like I said you don't actually download anything because the whole add-on infrastructure is online-only. It's a cool idea, and moves a lot of the strain to the cloud so the game is coming out on like Apple TV and stuff... but yeah.

Plus drums are still pretty cool. As a concept.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Oh somehow I missed the bit about unlocking permanently. I will resume my cautious optimism for this game.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Is this the first not-band-based music game with nothing featuring Dave Grohl?

KamikazeJim
Sep 15, 2006

Gaspar Lewis posted:

there's 43 of them.

lol there's less music on this disc then then very first Guitar Hero.

gonna still buy it anyway, i regret nothing

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we dont actually know if you can purchase songs for use offline mode yet nice lies gaspar who paid you off the madcatz president

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
God I'm getting deja vu to when Methodis passive-aggressively started a Rocksmith thread.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pirate Jet posted:

God I'm getting deja vu to when Methodis passive-aggressively started a Rocksmith thread.

He was right though about the game, makes you think...

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy
I'm going to buy this game because I'm literal human trash

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i think the choice is obvious

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
good news the on disc set list has leaked

bad news it rivals RB4 in terribleness, bring on GHTV!!!

KamikazeJim
Sep 15, 2006

HitmanAndQuitIt posted:

I'm going to buy this game because I'm literal human trash

same and agreed

also re that setlist. i cant have a dumb opinion on it yet becuase i think ive heard like a dozen of those songs. theres a spotify playlist someone posted on the guitar hero subreddit (lol fukkin reddit m i rite) so i better go get listening.

on a semi related note, i remembered today that guitar hero has a game with a subtitle that can be abbreviated as SHits.

edit: Here it is.

KamikazeJim fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Oct 16, 2015

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have faith in Freestyle Games to atleast pick fun songs. I mean look at the poo poo setlist of DJ Hero 1 and 2 yet they made it work great.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Gaspar Lewis posted:

So wait if I'm not online I won't be able to access a bunch of the songs?

This is actually a really big deal for me; there's an elementary school I do volunteer work at after classes and one of the things we'd sometimes do is bring guitar hero and hook it up to a classroom projector and let the kids all play. That's honestly really lame

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
actually it seems like those songs on the back are the only songs with the "live" band; there's a shitload of other songs on the disc that are just music video based:

http://imgur.com/a/Bui6s

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Abu Dave you seem really excited about this game.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well, where else could you play such guitar slammers like "Take a Walk" and "Bangarang"?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I remember when I used to be unreal at GH1-3 then I got sick of people saying "try that on a real guitar" then I started playing real guitar and now have about $12-14,000 worth of gear but it took me a long time to get my dick sucked because of it in closing buy a real guitar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

preordered this game yesterday, it's like 70 bucks if you have best buy gamer club, played the test guitar at target, guitar feels really good, the two levels of buttons is a cool challenge, the setlist doesn't really seem that bad at all, and a lot of the leaked ghlive songs are songs that I really want to play

peace

deadwing fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Oct 17, 2015

• Locked thread