Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
If you look directly up at a bird, one will poo poo in your eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
MGS2 was my first Metal Gear Solid game and as you can tell by my frequent posting in this thread it's my favorite. Do you have any other major gameplay challenges you need help with?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Buschmaki posted:

MGS2 was my first Metal Gear Solid game and as you can tell by my frequent posting in this thread it's my favorite. Do you have any other major gameplay challenges you need help with?
Probably later, we'll see. It took me like an hour to get through the first two rooms in MGS1, then it was smooth sailing from there.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't know, but I'm losing a lot of weight reading your posts.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if youre on normal mode and the tanker kicks your rear end for the first couple of rooms, that's the norm and theres no shame in that

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
you can punch the guy on the catwalk and he'll fall off in the basement of the tanker its fun give a shot

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

very carefully OP ahahaha

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i dont remember either of these games being that hard when i beat them multiple times as a child. theyre also still the only mgs games ive played :D

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
first person is op and has a lot of stuff designed around it. Learn to peek corners and "stand on your toes" with the shoulder buttons while in first person

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm really really bad at MGS2, and I feel decently competent at all the other ones. I usually eventually just run from objective to objective since every room transition autosaves. Good luck OP

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im gonna play it this weekend. i might be much better at it now that i went super saiyan playing mgs5

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

beat the story over and over again obsessively until youre an expert at every stage

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

beat the story over and over again obsessively until youre an expert at every stage

i really do play games like that lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

net cafe scandal posted:

Drew... how should I put this. Jason, should I tell him? You're doing something.. that... I think you're overthinking this, Drew.

Haha

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

i really do play games like that lol

im not joking..thats the only way to beat mgs2 on euro extreme

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gui9h5inLA
wow you werent wrong

Yeah Bro
Feb 4, 2012

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

I did it on my second playthough of the game. Can't remember how.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
MGS2 on extreme is the hardest game ever.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I love MGS2 but it's probably the one game in the series where I wouldn't really bother trying for getting good titles on extreme.

I really need my PS3 back so I can play the HD collection again. God drat.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I played through all the MGS games in the run up to 5 and 2 was a nightmare. Really good but I was so bad at it. I just sprinted everywhere diving through people and occasionally mowing down entire rooms with an assault rifle while crying apologies for my stealth fails to a disgusted Pliskin.

I don't even know how you're supposed to stay stealthy/non-lethal in the last couple of hours when everything goes batshit.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
If there's one reason why MGS5 might be my favorite of the series, it's because it's the one where the action/shooting gameplay makes it feel the least like you're playing the game wrong.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I played through all the MGS games in the run up to 5 and 2 was a nightmare. Really good but I was so bad at it. I just sprinted everywhere diving through people and occasionally mowing down entire rooms with an assault rifle while crying apologies for my stealth fails to a disgusted Pliskin.

I don't even know how you're supposed to stay stealthy/non-lethal in the last couple of hours when everything goes batshit.

I feel like everyone in MGS2 has gotten the sword on a non-lethal run at some point and said, "I wonder how Raiden stabs people with the flat of the blade to knock them out," and just brutally killed a random soldier, ruining their non-lethal run. I know that I have.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Buschmaki posted:

I feel like everyone in MGS2 has gotten the sword on a non-lethal run at some point and said, "I wonder how Raiden stabs people with the flat of the blade to knock them out," and just brutally killed a random soldier, ruining their non-lethal run. I know that I have.

oh poo poo, yeah how do you do nonlethal during that fission mailed fight?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Action Tortoise posted:

You stab people with the flat of the blade to knock them out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Action Tortoise posted:

You turn the sword blue and now it's non-lethal. Also you can just hang back and block everything while Snake ruthlessly murders everybody.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

going through arsenal gear using a melee weapon doesn’t seem like a good time

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Raiden blocks all bullets from the front with the sword out.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i played mgs2 for the first time last summer and i have to say that mastering the pressure sensitive buttons is very rewarding

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I remember watching my brother give up on getting to the Euro extreme Ray fight over a decade ago

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

I remember watching my brother give up on getting to the Euro extreme Ray fight over a decade ago

The OP might lose his mind on that fight, it took him 3.5 months to beat Metal Gear Rex.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

The OP might lose his mind on that fight, it took him 3.5 months to beat Metal Gear Rex.

He... he did beat it, right?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

He... he did beat it, right?

oh god I hope so, if he didn't I'm gonna be pissed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Metal Gear July still hasn't ended, not until FAU beats MGSV.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

move fast just outside of vision cones and you can cheese the whole game

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
alright ... mgs 2 playthru begins today. i should play mgs 1 first but .. i can just reverse engineer stuff in my head. i wanna play mgs 2, basically. :D

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
did you do enough pull-ups op?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

StabMasterArson posted:

move fast just outside of vision cones and you can cheese the whole game

That's not cheesing. That's stealth

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
You're not blowing anyone's mind by saying metal gear solid is easier if you don't get seen by enemies

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
It's absolutely insane how much depth Kojima puts in these games. In MGS2, in the fight against vamp, instead of the standard ending to the fight (running into the water in the middle of the room and drowning immediately) it's actually possible to use the gun you find elsewhere on the plant against vamp, reducing his health to what is essentially zero. And guess what - there's actually a whole chunk of extra story if you do this. Looks like the dev team really does think of everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

no they will not posted:

It's absolutely insane how much depth Kojima puts in these games. In MGS2, in the fight against vamp, instead of the standard ending to the fight (running into the water in the middle of the room and drowning immediately) it's actually possible to use the gun you find elsewhere on the plant against vamp, reducing his health to what is essentially zero. And guess what - there's actually a whole chunk of extra story if you do this. Looks like the dev team really does think of everything.

• Locked thread