Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I killed psycho mantis in MGS1 with no radar and no heat vision because I'm so stubborn and willful I refused to consider I might be missing key items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

How much harder is euro extreme than regular extreme? Never had a version with euro extreme before.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Fumaofthelake posted:

How much harder is euro extreme than regular extreme? Never had a version with euro extreme before.

its literally the same except getting seent is a game over

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

rediscover posted:

It maked the game end

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

It maked the game end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Facts I will impart unto you the fool proof strategy for defeating MG Rex. Please pay attention.

1st phase. Drop a chaff grenade and get somewhat far away from him so he cant laser you. Keep moving slightly and he will be unable to hit you with missiles as long as the chaff effect is up. If you keep chaining chaff you will destroy this form before you run out of grenades most likely.

2nd phase. Use stun grenades to break line of sight. When you drop one, you'll be able to circle around to his blind spots much more easily. Hes dumb as hell if he cant see you so you can take this opportunity to get the pickups in the room. Once you line up a clean shot from the side of Rex you can fire and then drop another stun to hide from him again. Again you should probably have enough stun Gs for this.

My advice is to stand at Rex's feet and constantly move counterclockwise. You'll be invincible

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
MG Rex is such a bad rear end boss fight.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i decided to beat mgs2 on euro extreme one time. i held on to that urge up until Olga.

i beat the tanker at least

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Can someone tell me why it's called European extremee

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Benny D posted:

Because European people are more bad rear end than regular peeps. idk. ask Kojima

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Benny D posted:

They changed the difficulty in MGS1 between US and EU.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

no they will not posted:

It's absolutely insane how much depth Kojima puts in these games. In MGS2, in the fight against vamp, instead of the standard ending to the fight (running into the water in the middle of the room and drowning immediately) it's actually possible to use the gun you find elsewhere on the plant against vamp, reducing his health to what is essentially zero. And guess what - there's actually a whole chunk of extra story if you do this. Looks like the dev team really does think of everything.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

rediscover posted:

Because European people are more bad rear end than regular peeps. idk. ask Kojima
its this you dont gently caress around with a race of people who make amiga demos the way an american makes a goddamn cheeseburger

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

starbarry clock posted:

its this you dont gently caress around with a race of people who make amiga demos the way an american makes a goddamn cheeseburger

If you mean full of additives and absent any real substance than yes this is accurate

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

If you mean full of additives and absent any real substance than yes this is accurate

*dramatic synth build* Additives?

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
The no GMOs Gamer

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

rediscover posted:

Snake, this is a sneaking mission

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ANGRY BIRDS VS MONSANTO FUNNY MASHUP PARODY VIDEO

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

*dramatic synth build* Additives?

i laughed at this because additive is a type of synth.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Pablo Gigante posted:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Benny D posted:

U dont agree with code talkers philosophy ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

be sure to watch this all the way through... the commentary during the ray fight is extremely useful

• Locked thread