Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I am looking forward to making stupid game prototypes with my stylus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I finally figured out how to import those map tool layers to my main program. You load them as DAT: resources into arrays of length 8, then use bgload with 64x64 dimensions.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

absolutely anything posted:

The Engrish tutorial is really cute you should decipher it anyway BUT yeah it's not helpful really. This guy's been doing a bunch of tutorial videos that I haven't actually watched so I don't know if they're good! But they're there http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCVcRHjOi9HU8HjTkGRaiqA/videos

Petitprofessor's stuff about menu screens and background collision is nice. He does like hard mode for his walk cycle tutorial for some reason, though. Just use Spanim "I", dawg :shobon:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Cool Guy making Cool Thing: https://twitter.com/Bug_taro
blob:https%3A//vine.co/48744eed-8f8c-4ace-b466-75d295cf248b

:aaaaa:
Jesus. I'm still putzing around with a guy that walks around a room.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Vlad the Retailer posted:

Can you still import/export QR codes?

Nope. It's a cloud service with simple download codes now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Pollyanna posted:

The more complicated games are loving massive LOC-wise - how do people develop these things? Doesn't it take forever? I can barely make more than a line showing up on screen :(

Also, is there a guide to the MML stuff somewhere? I found the reference, but I'm not sure if there's best practices on it anywhere.

It does take forever, but the autocomplete is decent enough that I'd say it doesn't take all that much more forever than it would on a keyboard. The main thing that sucks is trying to learn what the hell you're doing. There's extensive documentation for all the commands and stuff, but not really anything to tell you in a straightforward way how to use stuff like the built-in collision detection.

• Locked thread