Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

It's not out in Europe yet but I thought I'd prepare by having a quick look through the instruction list. I remember seeing this quote, emphasis mine.

"gamasutra posted:

TK: Currently, we are developing a new Petitcom (SmileBASIC) for the 3DS. This software allows you to easily implement the stereoscopic camera, touch panel, and sensors with BASIC commands, making it possible to create 2D games in BASIC that are on the level of a Super Famicom or PlayStation game.

But looking through the instruction list I couldn't see anything camera related. Did I miss something or is it just not in there?
I was hoping to make a gameboy camera type game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Nintendo's touchy about letting developers mix camera functions with user-generated content, I believe.

Potsticker posted:

There's nothing in the reference document about accessing the camera, sorry.

Dang :(, thanks for the answer.

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Looks like you can use
code:
B = BUTTON()
IF B AND #L THEN ...
In order to check a button without having to faff around with values that change when multiple buttons are pressed.

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

That's not going to speed up a European release :(.

• Locked thread