Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i bought this basically exclusively for that arcanum lil sprite fighter, i dont think i will ever do any coding but i'm gonna check a lot of cool stuff out and maybe try to make music with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

theres a lot of hidden gems in that jappo spreadsheet, i've gotten like 10 things off it now. lunar hunters or something like that is the only one i can recall at the moment w/out my 3ds on me. i tried to mess with the tracker that was used for that 100 song pack and its very ancient and arcane in its design, but does seem to be quite functional. definitely no english writing on it anywhere in the world, but it resembles early sequencer/synth programs a lot so i'm sure i can learn it with time, but i'm also hoping there is a better alternative to it somewhere, or that such a thing is currently being made.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

yeah the simcity one is basically bad but a cool proof of concept like i built 4 bathhouses in a row and it just permanently crashed which i guess is fine, it was too many bathhouses.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

homeless snail posted:

Lunar Saviors, yeah, that one is kind of cool, if maybe a little boring.

Really you probably don't need a sequencer, writing MML directly is almost as easy. Check out Solid Gunner for what well-formatted MML can look like, and read the SmileBASIC MML reference. You can also bring it up by typing MML into the editor and then hitting the help button. e: Actually Solid Gunner's MML is a lot messier than I remember, I must have been thinking of something else.

I'm glad I didn't bother finishing the English patch for this I was working on. This is another one I didn't think was particularly fun either, but PetitCity 2 is looking incredibly cool

i did a little research and found a very conclusive tutorial for making MCK/MML music written by fairly notable chiptune artist Nullsleep. If anyone else is interested in possibly making tunes with smilebasic, it seems pretty useful and not too difficult to understand.

http://www.nullsleep.com/treasure/mck_guide/

• Locked thread