Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)
I'm trying to download El Captain from the app store with my current system for a new build I'm putting together, but It's telling me my system isn't compatible. Is there some way to force it to download? I'm running 10.8.2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)
I changed my smbios from a 2007 mac pro to a 2012 Macbook pro and it allowed me to download it.

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

Is Chameleon dead? Clover has always given me fits while, Chameleon, Just Works. I'm still on Yosemite because of it.

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

I hate how Nvidia has to make web drivers for each security patch. You can't install the new drivers before the update so you have to download them, boot into safe mode and install them from there, than restart. This can't possibly be an issue on real apple hardware.

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

Sphyre posted:

I'm very happy with my GTX 780. It's the most powerful nvidia card that doesn't require you to gently caress around with webdrivers AFAIK.

It's not that big of a deal. Actually, I think it's kind of cool because I don't know how often Apple actually updates their own GPU drivers. Nvidia updates them frequently.

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

Craptacular! posted:

There's now been ATI bitching and NVidia bitching on just this page of the thread.

If I'm buying a new mid-range card to replace my mid-range card of three years ago, which works best? I used to buy NVidia because of Linux, but OSX86 is my new Linux.

The 760 is the last mid-range Nvidia model that supports Apple drivers. The 750 was never built in Apple computers so that requires the web driver as well. 780 GTX also supports the Apple drivers but that definitely an enthusiast card. I'm running the 960 GTX and that only costs about 50 dollars more than the 760 GTX. The web driver issue is only a slight annoyance, if you're already well versed in Hackintosh and Linux it shouldn't give you much of an problem.

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

Chameleon hasn't been updated to support El Capitan yet.

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

enMTW posted:

Yeah it has. There is a fork that supports it.

That feel when you want to update but don't want to break your hard earned stable install.

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

Will Sierra fix the icloud/facetime/messanger issues or will that still be a problem?

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

god this blows posted:

That issue is a non valid serial number. I got it working first shot after changing the details in the guides out there. So I doubt that anything will change on Sierra.

Can you share a guide? I've tried one but it didn't work.

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

How has Mojave support been so far? I don't want to blow up my High Sierra install just quite yet.

Edit: I do need web drivers.

BiG TrUcKs !!! fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

Who would drop thousands of dollars on a Mac pro if they knew it wouldn't be supported in two years? There's no way they could drop support that soon. Can an ARM chip even compete with Mac Pro powerhouse??