Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.
Yeah, that's the boat I'm in. I have a rMBP, but none of their desktop options fit my needs. I don't want an all-in-one, the Mac Mini is nowhere near powerful enough, and the Trashcan Pro is a highly compromised choice (I don't need or want dual GPUs, but I do want at least one internal HDD in addition to SSD storage), which is hardly ideal if I'm going to pay $3K+.

If, instead of/ in addition to the trashcan Pro, they still offered an updated version of the old Mac Pro, then I would totally be willing to just buy one of those rather than mess around with a Hackintosh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.

RandomCheese posted:

Anyone installed 10.11.6 yet?

Yep. Updated Clover, updated FakeSMC, upgraded to 10.11.6 via MAS, then updated nVidia web driver. No issues.

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.
You could always just get a cheap USB DAC.