Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

I'm very happy with my GTX 780. It's the most powerful nvidia card that doesn't require you to gently caress around with webdrivers AFAIK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

It's not that big of a deal. Actually, I think it's kind of cool because I don't know how often Apple actually updates their own GPU drivers. Nvidia updates them frequently.

Definitely. It's nice to be able to just hit update the way you would on a real mac though. Driver updates aren't that important to me on the Mac side of things since everything works as it should and I play all my games on windows anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

What's the easiest way to update clover on an existing hackintosh install? I need to get ready for the upcoming release of Sierra next week! Thanks! : - )

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

goddamnit i updated to sierra and smoothmouse doesn't work anymore :saddowns:

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Looking forward to it. My Yosemite upgraded in place to El Capitan upgraded in place to Sierra install is still going strong but i'm going to do a clean install soon, just because, ya know?

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

I've heard some things about Filevault 2 being enabled on the newest versions of clover. Anyone have any experience with it? How's it working so far?

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

enMTW posted:

I am still working on a successor to this thread. Lots has changed, and I hope to get said successor posted this week. In the mean time, the Tony guide is surprisingly not terrible anymore.

Any update on this?

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Craptacular! posted:

Yes and I've booted to every available option. I either get Windows boot loader or I get error messages.

You could always boot into clover using a USB stick, get into your current OSX install from there, and reinstall clover on the SSD if necessary

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

They used both of those words!

Phil Schiller posted:

And for that, we’re sorry to disappoint customers who wanted that, and we’ve asked the team to go and re-architect and design something great for the future that those Mac Pro customers who want more expandability, more upgradability in the future. It’ll meet more of those needs.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

any recommendations for a goon-certified bluetooth (and wifi I guess) pci-e card that I can pick up off aliexpress?

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Anyone made the jump to High Sierra yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Yeah, same. I had more issues updating clover than I did updating to Mojave. (Make sure you select all the drivers under the submenu when you're updating!)