Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

FWIW SMS works just fine with working iMessage and doesn't need wifi/BT to work. I don't have any Continuity compatible hardware on my machine and SMS forwarding works great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Since "returning" to the Mac fold in 2003 my desktop machines had been a G5 and an early 2008 Mac Pro. The cheesegrater form factor was pretty great.

But upon wanting a new machine in 2014 I didn't want an all-in-one, the mini seemed too pokey/unexpandable, and the trashcan is about everything the cheesegrater wasn't. So hackintosh it is.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Cool, I never got USB3 working since that time you and I tried working through it over the phone, so here's hoping 10.11.2 solves it.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Meh, I must have a weird board. I decided to live dangerously and install the 10.11.2 public beta. It's still not seeing my USB 3.0 external hard disk.

edit: when plugged straight into a USB 3 port, it doesn't see it at all. I've also got a USB 3.0 hub plugged in; if I plug into the hub it sees it as 2.0.

kitten smoothie fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 6, 2015

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

As far as I know, yes. It's a Z87 chipset.