Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I ended up following the guide word for word (you're pictures are great in the OP btw!) but clover kept crashing on me. I am using a MSI B85-P33 motherboard and it didn't seem like it was compatible. I'm sure if I hacked together something it would work but I'm pretty new at this. It kept restarting, and verbose mode only displayed

"OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++"

I assume there was some conflicting things with the EFI going on since it failed right off the bat.

I ended up just following the Unibeast guide on tonymacx86 and so far it's installing Mac OS X fine. Is there any possible benefits I'm losing using the Unibeast instead of Clover? I think the Unibeast install is using a modified version of Clover.

edit: I can't get OS X to recognize my R9 290 correctly. I tried the FakeID thing but it only allows me to use 5mb of Vram.

Rabid Snake fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Xir posted:

Your issue with Clover stinks of being the same issue I detailed up-page. If you disable SIP on the Mac you made the Clover USB on and try it again I suspect it might have worked.

Not necessary since you're up and running at this point. Congrats on getting as far as you have. I don't have any advice about the R9 290, I'm an nVidia user at the moment and new to Hackintosh.

That might be it. I used my rMBP 15" instead of using my PC to make the Clover USB boot drive. I ended up following the OP's post installation tutorial to install Clover and it's working great so far.

enMTW posted:

290 needs a device ID injection AFAIK. It's not an XFX brand card, right? Insanely Mac should have the ID.

I'm on vacation or I'd help further.

I ended up having to use a 290x FakeID number instead of the 290 and it worked. I should have got another SSD for a Hackintosh partition earlier. It definitely runs more native then 3-4 years ago. It's nice to have my laptop and my desktop in one ecosystem now. I only need to boot into Windows if I want to game.

Rabid Snake fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jan 7, 2016