Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy
Is it easiest to use the ROM/MLB/whatever values from an actual Mac to make iMessage work? Would that Mac still be able to use iMessage, etc. if I did that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
All set up, almost! enMTW, your guides are pretty rad. Any ETA on the iMessage section?

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
It signs in, but I can't send any iMessages. Continuity phone calls work, and I think it can send SMSes, but I'd have to check to be sure.

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
No dice. Strangely, the iMessages I sent earlier came in at some point. Replying to those people successfully sends an iMessage, but starting a new conversation defaults to a text message, which fails to send.

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
What's the best way to move a Clover install to a new drive? Can I just clone my entire drive somehow?

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

enMTW posted:

SuperDuper the drive, reinstall Clover to the new drive, mount the old EFI partition and copy its contents to the new drive.

Successfully booted after doing these things, but I no longer have a recovery partition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
So what's up with Sierra?

Also, Pascal cards seem to still be unsupported. Are modern AMD cards supported? TonyMac doesn't mention any and just recommends old Nvidia cards.