Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
How hard would it be to hackintosh my current system when the updated drivers come out? I have a 5820k on an asus x99m ws motherboard with a 1070

Also i have an Intel pcie Wlan card, will that work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Do the BCM94360CD ones work in windows also?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
How hard would it be to setup a Hackintosh on my current pc? It's an X99 system with a 5820k and a gtx 1070, do pascal cards work reliably yet? It looks like audio would be supported on my board, I'd just need to get the correct broadcom wireless card instead of the Intel one I currently have.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I've managed to hit a problem pretty quickly trying to do this. The installer launched from clover just stalls instantly, if I put it in verbose mode it seems to stop with the error 'RTC: Only Single Ram Bank (128 bytes)' anyone know what this means?

This is on an Asus x99 board with a 5820k and a Vega gpu.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag posted:

Going to need a few more details. Is this a new install? Did you use unibeast? etc.

Yeah this is a completely new install, I did use unibeast. Followed this guide for bios settings https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-guide-asus-bios-settings/ as my board is the MATX version of that one.

I did try and do it the clean way from instructions on r/hackintosh but for some reason it kept crapping out creating the usb installer using the createinstallmedia command on my macbook so I didn't get much further than that.

Edit: I wonder if it's a power management thing, looking at this guys build he's using a custom flashed bios?

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Nov 8, 2018

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Should I start with El Cap? I've just done a clover install on a USB for High Sierra with the createinstallmedia command on my work machine. No idea why it was failing on my machine at home.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I found the vt-d option on my board but it was turned off because I ended up loading the optimised defaults. Probably doesn't help I'm using an Asus X99M WS board which means I'm probably the only person trying to do a hackintosh with it.

So it should be possible to do a clean install of 10.13, not sure if I'll try it tonight as I managed to catch a lovely cold and can't be bothered to gently caress around with stuff.

The KVM idea sounds cool but I don't think I have room for another gpu.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
The HS USB I made yesterday does get much further than the unibeast one, but now it looks like setup loads but I can only see a small portion of the screen?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
It's an RX Vega 64, which I was hoping would be supported without any messing around haha.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Nope Haswell-E doesn't come with an IGPU, but after searching around it looks like I need to inject another kext into the clover install to fix it. However I've got no clue how to do this or I'm just incredibly stupid.

So the idea is that you have to copy the specific kext into EFI\Clover\Kexts\Other but then I don't know how to get it to show up in clover configurator

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Haven't had a chance to mess with it. I'm going to try using the old 5770 from my mac pro at work (replaced it with an rx480) but I need to borrow an adapter because it only has DVI and mini-dp outputs.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I mean the next step is to try the rx480, but that means taking apart my work computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

mayodreams posted:

The AMD patches for Monterey Beta 1 are out and I installed it really easily with my Big Sur EFI.

Ryzen 9 5950x
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
5600 XT

How hard is it to get running on an AMD system? I failed horribly to get hackintosh working on my old x99 system, but I'll be upgrading to a 5900X setup at some point. I was going to try doing it the KVM route which i still might do but I guess I'm gonna need an extra gpu for that.