Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
I've just created a Windows 10 Drive, I'd really rather not use bootcamp.

Currently I've got a SSD Drive slot I'm just hard swapping in between boots, but can Clover just bootload to either drive without any sort of bootcamp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.

Djarum posted:

There is no RAID support in Disk Utility anymore on 10.11.1? Wow.

What. The. gently caress.

Apple *really* hates pros don't they...

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.

Wasabi the J posted:

I mean, if you were really a pro, you'd know how to do it with the Terminal, scrub.
./
:smuggo:

Lol. If I was really a pro, I'd just run Linux...

That said 10.11 bumps up the limit on connected GPU's to 5, so maybe it's just Disk Util that's lagging a bit behind.

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
My Yosemite Build is getting long in the tooth and buggy, (for many reasons). and I pretty much have to rebuild my hackintosh soon. And I'd prefer to do it from scratch, since there were a few things I never got working that I'd like to.

I'm debating whether to rebuild with the Sierra public beta, to be in that world or to go with the last version of Yosemite. I was not, and no one I work with in post, was impressed with Yosemite. Any thoughts? How Solid is Sierra?

Gigabyte Z97 TH model, 32gb Ram, Titan X.

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
Hey enMTW, at this point, you mentioned that the TonyMac guide is OK since they're using clover now. Is that ok? or are you planning on an update soon? I decided to just make a El Cap build for now...

EDIT: Also is Multibeast ok now? Or should I still use the Clover Configurator?

Armagnac fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 28, 2016

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
Trip Report...

Rebuilt my Hackintosh with GA-Z97x-UD7 th, (Haven't bothered to try to get the thunderbolt working). Used the Tonymacx86 new clover unibeast/multibeast. Wasn't super intuitive, but I do feel like I have a slightly better build now, boots up much quicker... Still took a bit to troubleshoot.

On a positive note, their new iMessage guide worked perfectly right away.

Now hopefully everything works out. I'll be reinstalling everything. So far so good.

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
HAAAAALP!!!!

So I boot my computer and suddenly now I get the apple logo and a big NO sign.

I boot into verbose and I get:

Error allocating 0x1e71a pages at 0x000000001cd960000 alloc type 2
Couldn't Allocate runtime area
Boot Failed, sleeping for 10sec before exiting.

Strangely, I could actually get it to boot if I did force wake from hibernate.

So I plugged in my trusty USB clover key, and I couldn't boot... Seemingly same error?

I've also been getting very wierd crashes. where it dumps to ascii text, and just now, I couldn't boot, I'd turn on to ascii text.

ANY IDEAS what is happening?

Edit: I was able to boot in safe mode... But still no dice in regular. Of course I'm in the middle of a project too...

Armagnac fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 21, 2016

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
3rd parties will make the e-gpu's and they can connect through thunderbolt 3. They'll be for people who need more power.

Still though, if they made a little box with two doublewide pcie slots it I'd buy it tomorrow.

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
Also strangely I'm able to boot with caches disable... but now my internet is broken. Wiiiierrrddd. That might be able to get me through the day.

I'm also occasionally booting to a blinking cursor with no mobo. blerggggg. I don't want to have to buy a new mobo.

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
Skipping Sierra because of the lack of software raids, which I use a lot...

I think this *might* be my last Hackintosh. Literally the only thing holding me back is reliable pro-res outputs.

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.

dont be mean to me posted:

a) They support the 900s because they started supporting the 900s and while they could back out now it would look even worse than Nvidia typically does. Pascal cards fit in very few Macs new enough for Sierra (without Hacking them, at least :v:) and it's hard for anyone to credibly blame them. There's probably some technical reasons for it too, I don't really know.

b) Unless Nvidia rebuilds its bridges with Apple (lol) it's over.

There are a few people still out there with 2012 Mac Pro Towers and multiple Titans & 980's in PCIe Expansion slots because the drivers existed.

Nowdays, if you're trying something like that, you're buying a PC, because high-end post software is all Windows/Linux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
I started having this ocassional boot problem where I'd get a 'OsxAptio2FixDrv error : requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block" right on boot, then it started getting worse and worse, to the point where I could no longer boot. I was also getting lots of errors waking from sleep, and when I did get things to boot I was getting constant crashes in chrome, and in apps.

I decided to just try to install windows, and did the win mem-checker thing and found I had bad RAM and I thought yay! the problem! so I took out the bad sticks, and did the mem check and everything looked ok. I noticed with some testing in windows that the CPU was running a bit hot as well, so I also got a better cooling solution. Ok, with that all solved, and windows seemingly running smoothly, I wanted to try to re-install osx.

Now, the OsXAptio2FixDrv error is worse, and I can barely ever get it to boot. Any ideas on this? I've tried using a variety of OsxAptioDrv solutions, but they all seem hosed. I used to never have problems booting from a USB drive, but now that's not working either. Is this a lot worse with Sierra? Should I stop trying ot get Sierra to work?

Ugh, getting really frustrated with this... It was my main work computer for a while. I'd hate to have to go back to my mac tower.