Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

P.N.T.M.
Jan 14, 2006

tiny dinosaurs
Fun Shoe
Heads up, all of the links in the OP seem to be broken (including the Clover download link).

Edit: and the links for everything :smith:

P.N.T.M. fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Dec 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P.N.T.M.
Jan 14, 2006

tiny dinosaurs
Fun Shoe
Alrighty, so I was able to follow almost everything since you (enMTW) were awesome enough to write it all out. I've got a stable booting machine, with a Win10 drive that loads up out of Clover with no problems. I can wait on the Audio fixes to be relinked, that isn't a big deal.

The only thing I can't figure out is what's causing this USB notice to keep popping up. I've got a USB3 header in use right now, any chance that could be the issue?

EDIT edit: Oh just saw the USB3 + ElCap section, this is probably the issue. Thanks!

Edit: This isn't my first rodeo, but I just got a fresh SSD and I thought starting from scratch would be nice.

i7-3770k
Gigabyte z77x-uD3H
250GB Samsung 850 Evo
16 GB DDR3 1600

I've unplugged all my USB peripherals, no dice, the messages still pop up

Only registered members can see post attachments!

P.N.T.M. fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 8, 2015

P.N.T.M.
Jan 14, 2006

tiny dinosaurs
Fun Shoe
I'm going to have free time to work on it tomorrow night, some of the broken links were holding me back. Thanks again though, this was monumentally less painful than what I had to go through with multibeast.

Edit: Minor note, the fix_plist.zip link has a period included in the url tag, so it seems broken at first. Same goes for the bitbucket link for MaciASL

P.N.T.M. fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Dec 9, 2015

P.N.T.M.
Jan 14, 2006

tiny dinosaurs
Fun Shoe
No luck with audio or that weird USB message. As far as audio I have a little USB soundcard I bought as a backup way back when and it's plug and play. I've checked all my USB ports, they are all functioning, and the USB3 front header was able to power up my external drive and transfer 7gb at the right speed, soooooo I don't know what to think about that.

P.N.T.M.
Jan 14, 2006

tiny dinosaurs
Fun Shoe
Figured out what the USB notification error was. I forgot I had a 3rd party USB hub in the back without the header attached :doh:

Uninstalled it for now, and also realized I have a z77x-UD5H, not a UD3H :downs:

I swear I know what I'm doing.

P.N.T.M.
Jan 14, 2006

tiny dinosaurs
Fun Shoe
Gigabyte tends to be compatible right out of the box, otherwise you're looking for a MB with a custom DSDT available for it. If you venture into some of the hackintosh forums and look around for success cases using non-gig ITX boards, they'll probably detail what they had to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P.N.T.M.
Jan 14, 2006

tiny dinosaurs
Fun Shoe
It sounds SIP related. Let us know what happens.