Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

So I guess this is a poor time to be asking about making a Hackintosh huh?

I just wanted something that I could run macOS for personal use (nothing super critical) on while also having a windows partition to play games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m thinking of either buying a Mac Mini or building a small cheaper Hackintosh. What limitations do Hackintoshes have these days?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Craptacular! posted:

Planned obsolescence.

I understand that with ARM Macs coming but Apple won’t give up on Intel for at least 5 years so I’m okay with that.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Yeah, that sounds like a pain in the rear end. Guess I’ll bite the bullet and buy the Mac Mini. Thanks.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What's the state of Hackitoshes like these days? I really want something under my tv that I could game on Windows and macOS for everything else.

Is it worth it, price and reliability wise?

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Aug 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

They dead son. You can cobble something together but AS means they'll never get an update after the intel macs EOL.

Embrace the fact that you'll never do anything on a TV but use a browser and just run windows.

Guess I'll just get an arm mac mini and just get another console then.