Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Railing Kill posted:

All joking aside, if my team were the Lions, I'd be bitter about the NFL too.
Yeah, people who think the MSU-Michigan rivalry is too intense (when it's really pretty benign by college football standards) don't seem to realize that no matter what happens we all get together on Sunday and commiserate about the loving Lions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I can't even with this loving M-little brother game. The freude is me.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
They poo poo all over poo poo but birds getting exploded due to sports I take no pleasure in seeing.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Westboro Baptist Church to picket Kim Davis:

http://www.advocate.com/religion/2015/10/16/westboro-baptist-church-protest-workplace-kim-davis

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Is that... blood?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

nerdz posted:

Is that... blood?

Yeah, and lymph, and poo, and other fluids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3qo1de-iYk

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Bonster posted:

When Indiana University fired Bobby Knight, there were mass riots happening around the stadium. I knew one of the cops who was there. He was sent to keep an eye on the president's house (it's in the center of campus, no fences or anything). Just as he was arriving, they got word that several hundred rioters had left the stadium and were headed their way.

There were fewer than 10 cops. He showed up and asked who the ranking officer was. They said, "you are."

As the rioters came into view, he told them to fall into formation. At the last moment, he yelled "charge!" and they ran towards the mob.

The mob turned and ran away.

He still can't believe it worked.

Quoting for posterity.

This reminds me of the the "One Man, One Riot" story Texas Rangers love to tell.

http://dccrimestories.com/crime-history-oct-31-1895-legendary-texas-ranger-inspires-saying-one-riot-one-ranger/

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Choco1980 posted:

Handegg.

sportsball mania.

Lol. You're just going down the "I'm an elitist nerd, and proud of it" checklist, aren't you? I'll bet you don't even own a TV or subscribe to cable/satellite and make sure everyone knows, too.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

quote:

If Kim Davis received mercy from God and grace, as she claims, she would, with all due haste put her sin away. She would mourn for her sins, and in a show of great mercy, she would be busy apologizing to the fags for enabling them, and she would, with all diligence, give those perverts a marriage license.

Is this real? It appears to be saying that she should in fact be giving out the marriage licenses to gay couples, which as far as I know, is not consistent with the usual ideas espoused by the WBC.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Strudel Man posted:

Is this real? It appears to be saying that she should in fact be giving out the marriage licenses to gay couples, which as far as I know, is not consistent with the usual ideas espoused by the WBC.

It's right on their web site:

http://godhatesfags.com/schedule.html

Seems pretty consistent to me:

quote:

The Supreme Court, in the providence of God, and for the punishment of this nation, has declared that same-sex marriage IS the law of Doomed USA. So DO IT!! You asked for it, you begged for it by your disobedience and refusal to receive correction or instruction, so take it and like it!

Just note Kim Davis ... God will NEVER have Same-Sex Marriage, but he does not require YOU to disobey to deal with this nation. As these words are typed, the nation faces relentless, never-seen fires in the west and hurricane force never-seen flooding and storms in the east. AND, God sends the shooter again and again. God has HIS weapons in HIS armory, so Kim Davis needs to HUSH and OBEY the law that she helped bring about.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Phanatic posted:

It's right on their web site:

http://godhatesfags.com/schedule.html

Seems pretty consistent to me:
In a way, I suppose. It's not exactly the stance I would have expected them to take, though, all things considered.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I think they just really want an excuse to picket somebody and don't care about the details.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

flosofl posted:

Lol. You're just going down the "I'm an elitist nerd, and proud of it" checklist, aren't you? I'll bet you don't even own a TV or subscribe to cable/satellite and make sure everyone knows, too.

Amen. And to top it off, Eddie "handegg" Izzard is loving painfully boring.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
"Handegg," "sportsball," and "Stephen Universe" are this forum's "sheeple." If I see any of those words, my eyes just glaze over the rest of the post.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

Professor Wayne posted:

"Handegg," "sportsball," and "Stephen Universe" are this forum's "sheeple." If I see any of those words, my eyes just glaze over the rest of the post.

You forgot "SJWs".

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Literally Esoteric posted:

You forgot "SJWs".
Using that term unironically is a pretty good rear end in a top hat indicator all over the web

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
The peacocks are invading! (Warning: loud)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQCTXvU7rs

A reporter and cameraman gets too close to a capercaillie, a grouse infamous for being territorial and aggressive, and get thrashed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXkg_5qjz8c

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Strudel Man posted:

In a way, I suppose. It's not exactly the stance I would have expected them to take, though, all things considered.

Seems consistent to me. If there's anything the WBC stands for, it's being on the right side of the law for when they need to start slinging lawsuits around.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think they figure gay marriage will hasten the godly destruction upon our sinful nation and thus prove them right.

VoteTedJameson
Jan 10, 2014

And stack the four!

wayfinder posted:

Using that term unironically is a pretty good rear end in a top hat indicator all over the web

I don't know what to call irritating tumblrites anymore, cause you're right "SJW" pretty much belongs to MRAs and other lovely reactionary types now. But I need something to call people who turn legitimate social issues into look-at-me-I'm-so-special-and-progressive bumpersticker dogshit. :shrug:

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
I...I think I actually found new content to contribute.

http://imgur.com/Xswbgs3

I can't figure out how to embed a gif though.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

VoteTedJameson posted:

I don't know what to call irritating tumblrites anymore, cause you're right "SJW" pretty much belongs to MRAs and other lovely reactionary types now. But I need something to call people who turn legitimate social issues into look-at-me-I'm-so-special-and-progressive bumpersticker dogshit. :shrug:

You answered your own question.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Mizuti posted:

A reporter and cameraman gets too close to a capercaillie, a grouse infamous for being territorial and aggressive, and get thrashed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXkg_5qjz8c

These assholes will fight anything, including vehicles. They will wait by the roadside and rush right into/under passing cars.

How the gently caress do they ever manage to multiply?

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WeAPC4m6n4
My second favorite rear end in a top hat birds, the hisssssss sound is hilarious. There's a loving million of them in the parks around here during summer and they get really aggressive.

Klaus Kinski has a new favorite as of 22:08 on Oct 18, 2015

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Because amazing poo poo like this happens and the NFL is utterly boring much of the time.

Yeah those 63-3 blowouts that happen every week in NCAA ball sure aren't boring.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

Yeah those 63-3 blowouts that happen every week in NCAA ball sure aren't boring.

There are 128 teams, dude. Most games are not blowouts, and certainly not in conference play.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Henchman of Santa posted:

There are 128 teams, dude. Most games are not blowouts, and certainly not in conference play.

Between ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN-U, ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and WatchESPN online the problem is too many good games to reasonably watch, not too many boring ones.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Personally I believe that the sport I like to watch is good, as opposed the others, which are bad.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

zakharov posted:

Personally I believe that the sport I like to watch is good, as opposed the others, which are bad.
Yeah, from which it follows that biathlon is the only good sport.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

kalstrams posted:

Yeah, from which it follows that biathlon is the only good sport.

Maybe Hunger Games biathlon.

Shooting paper is a waste of bullets.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I love how it looks like he's headbutting the seagull.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Phanatic posted:

Yeah, and lymph, and poo, and other fluids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3qo1de-iYk

"gently caress, man... I... this car was a replacement for one that was totalled."

Still, breathable deer.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Ms Boods posted:

No pictures, soz, but some train schadenfreude: two guys on my morning commute this week, bit squiffy despite the early hour (about 9am), loud & abusive to the other passengers, etc. One of them got a call from a mate waiting for him at the next station, and he kept shouting phone-matey that he was on his way, yep, next station, yep yep, he'll be there soon, it's the next station at XXX, yep yep.

Dude in front of the noisy guys suddenly stands up with a look of John Candy-esque joy on his face, and says in a fruity Birmingham accent, 'You getting off at XXX?'

Loud matey: Yep what's it to you, gently caress you, etc.

John Candy: You're on the wrong train, mate -- we're going in the opposite direction!

Loud matey and his pal hurl a torrent of abuse at everyone on the carriage for not telling them.

John Candy: That's ok -- just get off at the next station, cross over the platform, and the train you need will just be pulling in.

Loud mateys bustle to get off the train as we pull into the next station, and see that their train is not only sat there, but pulls away as the race down the platform to the pedestrian bridge to cross over. The next train back is an hour later.

Schadenfreude, or instant karma, who knows. The John Candy guy, though, was so happy to be the bearer of the bad news :allears:

Did he try to sell you shower curtain rings?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Hyperlynx posted:

I love how it looks like he's headbutting the seagull.

Good. Seagulls are the rear end in a top hat Canadian geese of the beach.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

flosofl posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that poo poo is stupid as gently caress. I don't even like sports too much these days, but sportsball is easily the most pretentious lovely word I've ever heard people use.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

The Schadenfredue is on the people who "watch sports" because it's over 50% commercials/replays/nothing.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

i'm irritated for some reason that the cameraman didn't look inside.