Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Roro posted:

Keep your death fetish to yourself, buddy.

Her car just loving disintegrates. This is why smart cars should be removed from society.

The cage of the vehicle was absolutely fine, that was just all the paneling and poo poo flying off. If she would have kept her seatbelt on she would have been fine.

Probably a broken foot but everything else is intact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Rule #4
Seatbelts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uUHamXmUAI

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

im pooping! posted:

Yeah that is from Brazil and based on other videos I've seen that guy got off light.

Wasn't it in Brazil that they had that insane video of a police helicopter chasing a car and shooting at it from the chopper indiscriminately at it while flying/driving through neighborhoods?

VVV that's the one.

Scruff McGruff has a new favorite as of 21:46 on Nov 18, 2015

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Scruff McGruff posted:

Wasn't it in Brazil that they had that insane video of a police helicopter chasing a car and shooting at it from the chopper indiscriminately at it while flying/driving through neighborhoods?

Yeah, and they surprisingly fired and/or arrested the cops responsible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skomhYqOqjM

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

FCKGW posted:

The cage of the vehicle was absolutely fine, that was just all the paneling and poo poo flying off. If she would have kept her seatbelt on she would have been fine.

Probably a broken foot but everything else is intact.

I drive a Smart, they're great. Except when people (mainly Audi and BMW drivers) want to aggressively overtake you coz you are in a tiny little dot of a car. It's brilliant for sneaking through tight corners and parking, and also getting out of giving your mates lifts round the pub when you're the designated driver. I dunno if I'd want to drive one in America where the cars are generally MASSIVE, but in the UK it's a fun little ride. I also have a Dr. E/N aka 'Get-Out' Frog sticker on it, because I am a goony fucker.

Rondette has a new favorite as of 22:10 on Nov 18, 2015

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rondette posted:

I drive a Smart, they're great. Except when people (mainly Audi and BMW drivers) want to aggressively overtake you coz you are in a tiny little dot of a car. It's brilliant for sneaking through tight corners and parking, and also getting out of giving your mates lifts round the pub when you're the designated driver. I dunno if I'd want to drive one in America where the cars are generally MASSIVE, but in the UK it's a fun little ride. I also have a Dr. E/N aka 'Get-Out' Frog sticker on it, because I am a goony fucker.

How is it when you hit 70 MPH?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I see Smarts all over Pittsburgh, oddly enough. They were everywhere in Austin, TX as well. I do laugh when I see one, as I also would at a very tiny horse. The drivers always have a look on their face that says "shut up kevin gas will be back over $3/gallon someday".

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

How is it when you hit 70 MPH?

Not as bad as you'd think, with a prevailing wind. Fastest I've got it going is about 83mph. It's not a car for speed, which is good for me because I have a heavy left foot.

edit-Oh and I know it's a goofy car. That's why I like it. It's kinda cute to have little children waving at you as you trundle along.

edit-edit= It tickles the gently caress out of me how angry people get about them on this forum too. I totally wouldn't drive one in the States, but for the UK with our wiggly roads and relatively short distances between towns they're fine. You sit quite high in the seat too, so you don't feel as tiny and vunerable as you would think in one.

Rondette has a new favorite as of 22:46 on Nov 18, 2015

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
The biggest problem with Smarts is that they cost 35k when they first appeared here in the US, while getting crappy mileage and being a deathtrap. Every time I go past one I cringe knowing that when, not if, some moron in a giant suv or bigrig rear ends them, they're going to be a smear on the front bumper.

Also, lol at 3 lug wheels.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

The tiny train crash is amazing.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

veedubfreak posted:

The biggest problem with Smarts is that they cost 35k when they first appeared here in the US, while getting crappy mileage and being a deathtrap. Every time I go past one I cringe knowing that when, not if, some moron in a giant suv or bigrig rear ends them, they're going to be a smear on the front bumper.

Also, lol at 3 lug wheels.

I used to drive one doing deliveries for work, and I thought it was kind of nippy and fun. The best thing about it though was your field of vision, it was like being in a glass dome, the dash is so low.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

ShineDog posted:

I used to drive one doing deliveries for work, and I thought it was kind of nippy and fun. The best thing about it though was your field of vision, it was like being in a glass dome, the dash is so low.

They'd be great in the US in a smallish city or for intra-city travel in larger cities that didn't require you to travel on freeways frequently. The first one I ever saw was some idiot driving in one in the fast lane in Atlanta, while going way too slow to be in that lane. They (at least their car) didn't make it too far because I saw it smashed into the wall with a big truck with no discernible damage behind it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ariza posted:

They'd be great in the US in a smallish city or for intra-city travel in larger cities that didn't require you to travel on freeways frequently. The first one I ever saw was some idiot driving in one in the fast lane in Atlanta, while going way too slow to be in that lane. They (at least their car) didn't make it too far because I saw it smashed into the wall with a big truck with no discernible damage behind it.

Then again, in some cities like NYC you'd get farther for most of it by just taking mass transit and walking or biking the rest of the way. Driving in Manhattan switches between ceaseless frustration and white-knuckle terror depending on the traffic at the time.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I see them all over Denver, but that's only because Car2Go is fairly popular.

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Rondette posted:

Not as bad as you'd think, with a prevailing wind. Fastest I've got it going is about 83mph. It's not a car for speed, which is good for me because I have a heavy left foot.

edit-Oh and I know it's a goofy car. That's why I like it. It's kinda cute to have little children waving at you as you trundle along.

edit-edit= It tickles the gently caress out of me how angry people get about them on this forum too. I totally wouldn't drive one in the States, but for the UK with our wiggly roads and relatively short distances between towns they're fine. You sit quite high in the seat too, so you don't feel as tiny and vunerable as you would think in one.

so you have a heavy clutch foot???

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Indolent Bastard posted:

Lack of an authority figure telling them to get the gently caress away from the giant explosive device, combined with little common sense. I honestly don't know why those EMTs were treating the frost bite at the tank and not as far away as humanly possible.

I took a propane course as part of my film work, that stuff is great, but as soon as it becomes "uncontrolled" it gets so dangerous so fast you wouldn't believe it.

Lack of authority or everyone assuming The Other guy must know whats what or they wouldn't be standing so close to it.

Edit: geez I thought I had refreshed o.o

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang has a new favorite as of 23:58 on Nov 18, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

It looks like that one dude saw the opportunity and went for the pin.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
http://i.imgur.com/2th9WcW.gifv

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Good.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

During the subway one, you can hear somebody shout "gently caress him up!" after the mugger looses his gun. :allears:

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, and they surprisingly fired and/or arrested the cops responsible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skomhYqOqjM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbSSSsGzKiM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZBbovy-o98

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

C.M. Kruger posted:

During the subway one, you can hear somebody shout "gently caress him up!" after the mugger looses his gun. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbSSSsGzKiM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZBbovy-o98

That is some Die Hard poo poo done IRL

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It seems surprisingly common for Brazilian police to ram planes.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

:rip:

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

xoFcitcrA posted:

It looks like that one dude saw the opportunity and went for the pin.

Can't pin if they aren't on their back.

:colbert:

Get well soon, LITERALLY A BIRD.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

:parrot: "I have made a mistake."

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

fyodor posted:

so you have a heavy clutch foot???

I am the schadenfreude. For driving a Smart and mentioning it in this thread, and also forgetting which way round left and right goes.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

So, what did he tell him was under there?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

wyoming posted:

Something other than a pile of poo poo, probably.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

wyoming posted:

With how fast he went to grab it, probably something like "Dude, there's a snake under here! If I lift the lid, can you grab it really fast and carry it away?"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

chitoryu12 posted:

With how fast he went to grab it, probably something like "Dude, there's a snake under here! If I lift the lid, can you grab it really fast and carry it away?"

More like they told him it was their small pet, like a bird or something.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

:ohdear:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Snapchat A Titty posted:

More like they told him it was their small pet, like a bird or something.
It was an alleged squirrel.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I guess all the head injuries finally got to him.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-all-along.html

French Police track down the terrorists:

quote:

Paris attacks: Seven hours and 5,000 bullets - the full story of the Saint-Denis shootout
François Molins, the Paris prosecutor, said: “Very heavy, almost uninterrupted gunfire ensued. On the police side we fired almost 5,000 munitions.”

As police went from house to house shouting “evacuate, evacuate!” a sniper positioned opposite the apartment saw a terrorist at a window and told him to raise his hands. He refused, and was shot by the sniper, but kept on firing a Kalashnikov.

Then Aitboulahcen appeared at a window, shouting “help me, help me”, perhaps to lure the police in. She was told that if she did not stay where she was, she would be shot, but went back inside. At around 6am, police began a fresh assault. Their targets were ready for them, wearing their suicide vests. Aitboulahcen was the first to open fire during the fresh exchange.

The police tried to talk to Aitboulahcen, asking her: “Where’s your boyfriend?” “He’s not my boyfriend!” she screamed in reply. Seconds later, she detonated a suicide vest, killing herself and causing the floor of the apartment partly to collapse. The explosion was so violent that her spine was later found lying in the street outside.

Police threw in 20 grenades and a second terrorist, believed to be Abaaoud, was killed in the battle that ensued, after being “riddled with bullets”.

Suddenly, Call of Duty seems very restrained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I'm honestly surprised any of the apartment's occupants survived.