Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
When Indiana University fired Bobby Knight, there were mass riots happening around the stadium. I knew one of the cops who was there. He was sent to keep an eye on the president's house (it's in the center of campus, no fences or anything). Just as he was arriving, they got word that several hundred rioters had left the stadium and were headed their way.

There were fewer than 10 cops. He showed up and asked who the ranking officer was. They said, "you are."

As the rioters came into view, he told them to fall into formation. At the last moment, he yelled "charge!" and they ran towards the mob.

The mob turned and ran away.

He still can't believe it worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Brightman posted:

I think the class before mine or the one before that sorta did this except there was a #3 pig since this is a well known gag, but he was well hidden in some storage area or part of the school that was being renovated.

I wasn't in on this but our class apparently had a number of people decide buying a shitload of crickets and releasing them all over the school before lunch was the thing to do. It was less annoying than you would think.

Also senior skip day was a thing but I couldn't do that because I had tutoring hours I was doing for the middle school as part of a scholarship program thing. Only seniors at school that day were the dozen or so that were doing that.

Our school had a senior skip day, except the high school was in on it and just told the seniors to take a day off. It took the thrill right out of it.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Don't try to drive your 60,000 pound semi truck over a historic one-lane bridge rated for 12,000 pounds and no semis.

I've been on this bridge. It's very clearly not sized for trucks.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Just like a can of sardines.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

There's nothing here that isn't funny: ex-Amish woman that can't do math destroys a historical bridge and notes her stupidity to the local news and identifies that her truck is okay just in case people were wondering if they can get anything from a lawsuit. Her license is gone, she's gonna be fired, and her place of business is probably going to get some backlash as well. This has to be the ultimate in schadenfreude, especially if the city sues to rebuild the bridge. Which they probably will. What would be more expensive: saving the old bridge or building a new one?

Paoli will probably want to rebuild, or at least salvage and build a replica. Quaint charm is pretty much all they've got.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Hihohe posted:

That worried dog :3:

The kitten and the dog were definitely the highlights of this collection.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

im pooping! posted:

I don't know if I've been incredibly lucky or something but of all the cats I've owned they've never smelled bad enough or been dirty enough for me to intervene by giving them a bath.

If you develop cat allergies, regular kitty baths can go a long way towards keeping the cat from needing to be rehomed. Mine have had regular baths their whole lives - they're not jumping for joy over it, but they don't mind.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Karma Monkey posted:

Puppies paddling over puddles... :3:

That was the best part.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Ozz81 posted:

Kill 2 birds with 1 stone with fat people and scooters - ditch the scooters and replace them all with fold-up wheelchairs. Oh, fatty can't fit in the chair? Too bad, start walking or have someone else do your shopping while you wait. Oh, too tired or heavy to roll yourself around the store? That's your own fault for turning into a giant waste of fat space.

Not everyone with a disability goes shopping with someone able-bodied who can push the wheelchair.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

I'm kind of impressed with how sturdy that ball is.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

I like this sheep. I identify with this sheep.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
My parakeet loved to throw food down to the dog. She would drag pieces of toast and fruit to the edge of the cage, throw them off the top (the food was on the top and she was out), then watch as the dog came and ate it. Then she would do a little bobbing dance an go find another piece of food. She and the dog had a great relationship.

She would do this regardless of whether the other bird was still eating or not. She would be dragging food to the edge and he would be running after, trying to grab bites before it was gone forever.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
They are enormously challenging sometimes, extremely messy, destructive and loud. They're also very personable, charming and full of personality. They are definitely not a pet for everyone.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

That's how that's supposed to work.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

"Nice li'l picnic you guys got here."

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Those idiots were what forced us to institute a "no students touch the laser pointer, ever" rule for the night labs I used to TA for. You can tell them to not point it in the sky if they see moving lights up there, but inevitably they try and go for it the second they think you aren't looking. They somehow think "we'll be gone before they ever find us" or "we'll just all blame someone different they can't arrest all of us" is a good excuse.

Surprise!

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Ak Gara posted:

All dogs think they're lapdogs. They just don't give a gently caress.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zv_-4jInp4

The schadenfreude is on those owners as they go through a couch every six months and people stop dropping by because the dog has no manners and learned it's cute to eat couch cushions.

Train your dogs well, people. Especially when they reach the size of adult humans.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Besesoth posted:

I'm pretty sure I've only ever seen this in B&W before, so I only just noticed that the tiger is carrying a frisbee. :3:

I know. I'm just imagining some person out there who plays frisbee catch with their tiger buddy.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

GWBBQ posted:

If you hit someone, the ICD-10 codes for medical treatment would be
W59.12 Struck by nonvenomous snake
W55.89 Other contact with other mammals

This is appropriate for this thread because of the Kafkaesque bureaucracy of the US healthcare system.

The ICD-10 is the International Classification of Disease from the World Health Organization.

It's the bureaucracy of healthcare in general.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Uh, no. I am 6"4 and still not two meters, buddy.

Also, looking at the picture, knowing that those highway dividers are maybe a meter high at best, sounds like a lovely journalism there.

"Take a picture that makes it look as big as possible"
"It still looks about a meter high at best!"
"2 meters you say? That's like 6 feet! Print it!"

2 meters is 6'5". It's not that big of a difference.

ETA: Oops. Should have refreshed first.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
I'm particularly fond of the white van pulling in and not even stopping fully to think before backing out.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

canyoneer posted:

Random Swedes are paid $30 by a filmmaker to jump off the 10 meter high dive for the first time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8-Oc_TOPDI

edit:
Bonus, A Good Boy shreds a burglar and leaves behind a tornado of blood spatters. Receives belly rubs
http://wric.com/2017/08/11/family-returns-home-to-find-their-walls-and-floors-covered-in-blood-after-pet-dog-attacks-intruder/

"Welcome home! We had a guest. He couldn't stay."

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

TheMaskedUgly posted:

Interesting range of survival instincts right there

And they all worked! Barely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Can we please focus on kitty giving a nose boop instead?