Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Sirotan posted:

Not a lot of schadenfreude actually occurring outside this Spencer rally, except this I guess

https://twitter.com/jonathanoosting/status/970771558963826689

Oh hey, Good ol' Gregory Conte. I know Greg. I went to school with Greg. gently caress Greg.

Little toadie bastard has spit in his mother's face, my mother's face, the rest of my family, me, and our circle of friends for taking this cowards route out of his problems.

I'm not sure what things I could share count as Doxxing, but considering he's on the record stating that he "was trying to doxx myself" wrt his Nazi poo poo, I feel like I should be allowed to share what a pathetic poo poo he is. I'll let a mod decide, but I really wanna rant about Greg.

Crain has a new favorite as of 01:48 on Mar 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

If you're just talking about your own personal life experiences with him and not giving out information like where the dude lives, it's probably not doxing.

:pray: I wanna hear these stories

Pretty much. I could always just edit out what's deemed too far if a mod calls foul.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Yeah typing it up.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I met Greg Conte at the pre-K school/program/whatever our parents put us in, and as these things tend to go whoever the kids make friends with the parents make friends with. So we were perpetually in each others orbits courtesy of the Mom network.

Greg is out there cosplaying success. Look at any of the interviews he's done and he'll put on these airs, with a glass of what is supposed to be good scotch, with a cigar that's carefully had the band removed so you can't see the brand, goes by the same visual playbook that his boy Spencer does always in the cheapest, but nicest, business casual stuff he can find.

Well Greg's first run in with his master race destiny was getting into Georgetown University. He was good at learning languages, but not necessarily using them. It's like the difference between a mathematician and a mathemagician. He knew how to get test credit for the language. Still impressive though. So he's in the ROTC there, basically shown the fast track to an Officer's commission to be an interpreter or something aaaaaand he loses his goddamn mind. Mr. Master Race never goes to class, gets himself committed, and at the end of semester #1 is dropped at his parents feet never to return.

Cool. Good step 1 Greg. Now his parents have to burn his college money on "rehabilitating" him.

So he eventually does manage to graduate, but now he's out in the world with no prospects. His piece of poo poo father, who a lot of people blame for this fall, eventually decided on not just divorcing his mother, but trying to deliberately destroy her in the proceedings. This comes into play later.

So Greg is looking for stuff to do and is kinda bad at actually getting attached to reputable businesses, a lot of "internships" and MLM. This also comes into play later.

So the circle of Moms, and families, and friends step in to help him with connections. People vouch for him and eventually he lands/is placed in a decent position as a sub/temp teacher at a Catholic High School that's public knowledge now. That right there is the betrayal that a lot of us feel. He's still living at home at this time by the way.

My mother starts inviting him to holidays because he'd be spending them alone otherwise, at home, because his mother had her own social life. This is about when he went Alt-right. From the outside it looked like he was doing better.

He started a blog. He started a podcast. He went to Europe to...document the refugee crisis in Eastern Europe and came home with big words for a man who failed out of ROTC so hard it broke his mind. Oh and Daddy paid for it all. Captain of industry Greg Conte.

Then he was fired from that teaching position. Even better, it's because he thought he was sooooo clever about calling himself Greg Ritter on his public blog and podcast while he talked about his life and what he had done, which let his Field Hockey team Harriet the Spy his rear end and turn him in. Now once again, as a favor to his mother and her friends/connections the school was just going to let him go. No announcement. In October last year they just told him to not return, so as to not prevent him from finding another job. Greg then went and decided that the SMART thing to do was the spit in our faces again, and use the firing as fodder for his "status" as an Alt-right figure. Please note daddy is STILL bankrolling him at this time and he was still living at home for the most part.

Greg started to get with other Alt-righters to start businesses. But remember how he was kinda bad at that? Yeah, Greg keeps signing on to be the second signature for LLC's, with 49% share in the company, and getting voted out and fired by his partners once they get going. One was a "Tech Recruitment and Training Firm" that actually was just a townhouse in Northern Maryland that did remote only ~~something~~ with HS interns and at most only ever had 9 employees. His current 49% signature is some sort of "security firm" owned by Richard Spencer's private Bodyguard...and also run out of a private residence in MD while having filed in Wyoming. This is public knowledge too, he mentions Tyr 1 in his Twitter (or did at least) the rest comes from my mother via his mother through tears. Ultimately a lot of his dealings with the Alt-righters and his positions with them are on account of his father bankrolling him in order to kill his mother through grief.

The man was in a lovely, but not unique, position. He'd been told his whole life how he was smart, capable, was send to private schools and then special programs at public ones, got into a prestigious university, hosed it up, got picked up again, was helped further onto his feet by friends and family, then when the station of his life didn't meet what he thought it should be he took the cowards way out. Instead of embodying the ideals he pays lip service to and working and pushing to a greater job or goal he turned around and decided it wasn't that he had failed at anything, it was that some secret 11 herbs and spices mix of "The Other" had conspired to keep him from greatness.

Gregory Conte is a man who decided to not only wear a mask and play at success, but threw the people who actually helped and cared about him away in order to get it.

----

So that's Greg's story arc in brief. There's more but I'm iffy on some things. Tried to stick to the stuff that's "mostly" public knowledge (his podcasts, companies, etc) and giving the background on what's behind the facade. If you have questions ask away.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

So he's Cernovich but instead of loving over a wife with alimony, he's using his dad to mess with his mother?

Nah, he's not even that much of a man. His dad is using HIM to mess with his mom. Greg is such a spineless poo poo that he just went for the money without even thinking about what it would do to his mother.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

A bigger loser than Cernovich? Yikes.

Why do I get the feeling that's common among these types?

It's all Kayfabe. It always is. The only difference is if you're someone like Alex Jones, who doesn't drop character to keep selling snake oil, or like Greg, a rube who bought in to feel big and important.

And Richard Spencer's schtick isn't even original, it's just the Westboro Baptist Church playbook. Go somewhere, start poo poo, sue the target, and try to collect a payday. But instead of just standing around with signs and kids, Spencer has Greg out there trying to provoke people to drum up attention. This time it got Greg arrested, and I guarantee you Greg is on the high of his life right now eating it all up because he did good for Richard. He's 100% toadie, and purebreed underling, and he doesn't care as long as it lets him pretend he's something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Powered Descent posted:

Appreciate the effortpost.

If he was less of an rear end in a top hat, I'd just find this whole story kind of sad. (A LOT of people get out of school and run head-on into the realization that being pretty good at math doesn't guarantee success and happiness, and doesn't even mean they're special. Hell, that happened to me.) But since he's gone all alt-right, that pushes all of this well into "funny" territory, and makes for prime fodder for this thread. Thanks again for the writeup.

I think the biggest thing that needs to happen is for people to fight back against these false narratives that the Alt-Right figure heads have constructed for themselves.

I know Greg's story. Someone out there knows Richard's. And the stories of all these other people that show what they really are.

Only sharing this here doesn't do much though, so I'm trying to figure out a good way to push some reporters into looking into it. Maybe point them toward his mother or some other people who know what's up.