Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Tarantula posted:

One of the states here in Australia launched an anti pot campaign, it didn't go well and is mind boggling why they thought it would work.
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/12/19/nsw-governments-stonersloth-campaign-backfires

I would party with that sloth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

This is a real product. The confusion comes from the mixture of methanol and mountain Dew also having the same nickname.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

wyoming posted:

Microsoft put an AI on twitter.

It went well! :shepface:

It turns out that Skynet was just the logical conclusion of the internet troll.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

nerdz posted:

I can't really find any other news on the case, what happened after this?

I think you know.

:a2m:

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

The video set this gif is from is absolutely adorable. :3:

But the guy who does them is a pretty good source of schadenfreude. He does things like get quilled by porcupines and bitten by snapping turtles just to show people what it's like. He's also been catching and getting stung by the insects with the most painful stings int he world while he works his way up to the bullet ant.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BreakingTrail/featured

Geocities Homepage King has a new favorite as of 15:24 on Nov 22, 2016

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

You can currently get tickets to see the Browns for like $6.

It's still not worth it.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

Miami has one of those as well.

It's just as comically useless as you'd expect.

I suspect that someone was offering giant government grants in the 1980's to build these things...

We'll they did put Brockway, Ogdenville and North Haverbrook on the map...

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Whenever I see a paused gif of an animal and a person in a precarious situation without fail the person will end up eating poo poo because of the animal and the animal will emerge unscathed

Well yeah. None of us want to see animals getting hurt. We're not monsters.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Did that guy find a video game exploding barrel in real life? What the gently caress was he shooting at that made such a big boom?

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

ShineDog posted:

Jess gently caress there's one where a car in India rear ends a bike with a lady riding pillion. Car is at fault but gently caress me, she comes off, rolls over and she's got a loving baby in her arms. What the gently caress.

Not only a baby but I'm pretty sure I saw a young kid too. It was a family of four on that bike.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

In the Old Testament, The earth is basically a flat disc, with a dome above it that keeps a giant ocean restrained, and stars are lights on that dome. rain is water seeping through it, and the great flood was god opening literal floodgates.

So we've been living in Rapture this whole time? There's a Saudi businessman I need to get on the phone...

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Aramoro posted:

I don't really get the hate for Shia Labeouf, he does some interesting things, is in some interesting films, is in some bad films and seems slightly unhinged at times. None of these are bad things really.

He's a murderous cannibal. I can see how some people wouldn't care for that.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

canyoneer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf6CZegzYg8
Loss prevention dude makes a stop at Wal Mart, and is wrong.
Lady is pissed as hell and makes him look really stupid.

Oof. Poor guy has his name all over social media for acting like an rear end in a top hat at his lovely probably nearly minimum wage job.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

It's a lovely job, but that doesn't excuse being a poo poo.

I agree. The guy was a complete rear end in a top hat but the idea of a social media backlash hitting the minimum wage guy really sucks... If it hit walmart in any meaningful way it'd be great though.

Scruff McGruff posted:

The Schad is on the American people (and SCOTUS), holdout senator gets scolded over the phone by two gambling titans, suddenly changes his mind.

https://twitter.com/asmith83/status/889912406780129280

Drain the swamp! Drain the swamp!

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Phanatic posted:

What insurance is he talking about there? Sounds like auto insurance.

KoRMaK posted:

Yea probably, which is also lovely here. Also, sounds like he needs some medical coverage from the wreck so it could be both

It's both. I read a bit of the thread and it looks like his health insurance wasn't accepted at the hospital he was sent to so now he is in a lot of medical debt and "re-thinking this whole free healthcare thing."

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

nerdz posted:

looks like you missed the r/incel thread (and we'll never have another one now, thank god)

You say that like they won't be back with another, just as toxic and awful, subreddit.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Fozzy The Bear posted:

What is the reasoning that everyone on twitter s*lf-censors? Are they afraid their mom is going to ground them for typing gently caress on the internet?

While it is totally cool to be a Nazi on Twitter they have been known to suspend accounts for uttering the dreaded f-word at times.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

When the gently caress are people going to realise that "This is not who I am" is a really loving dumb and disingenuous thing to say. Although I guess if people are still pulling out the "I can't be _____ist, some of my best friends are ____" line on the reg then that's a pretty good indicator that dumb people are always going to be saying dumb things.

The poo poo I say may be dumb and disingenuous but that's not who I am or what I represent.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Garrand posted:

Basically this. It's an extremely ambitious game and the developers just aren't up to the task and the people running it seem to be douchenozzles so it's sad that that money didn't go to better people who could pull something off, even if it wasn't to this scale.

It's not even ambitious in a sane way. It's like someone put a group of 20 people all with competing ideas on what "immersion" together and wrote everything down with no editing. So you end up with a game that has promised everything from space and fps combat to piracy to ships with dozens of crew to base building to running a news agency to farming to bartending drink mixing minigames in order to make the passengers on your luxury space liner happy.... and so on.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Randaconda posted:

They never taught us that. Of course, one of Florida's major rivers flows south to north, so maybe the myth never caught hold here.

You think they'd let a little thing like reality stop them?

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

KoRMaK posted:

I forgot to go. Also it was too cold (1-6F)

:same:

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

I really hoped you were joking, but nope. Once again, I'm left wondering if I'm the weird one, because the article opens with "You shouldn’t eat Tide Pods, despite the memes. But it’s not weird to want to." Isn't it? I would have said it's very weird to want to eat soap.
No. Pretty sure they've got a strong soapy taste. I don't feel the need to confirm this.
I have never felt either of those desires.

Have these people never accidentally got a soap bubble in their mouth? Was that not enough to put them off the whole concept of eating soap?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sumb3GYuAT8

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

kemikalkadet posted:

thought of ants and hosed up his back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

klafbang posted:

I went to high school with a girl who played on the national women's handball team. She was scarily good at dodgeball as well. She ended up going to – and winning gold at – the Olympics, so I guess that worked out in the end for her.

The Olympics has dodgeball?