Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I'm not surprised it was the lemon juice that did him in, but I am surprised he managed to get so far into the bottle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

kizudarake posted:

If they ever perfect a time machine, I'm going back in time to the 1800s and deposit a hundred dollars into a bank account. I'm then going to travel forward in time to the year you were born and offer your parents all the money from the account to prank you in some manner every week from age two until you graduate high school.

Where are you going to get the hundred dollars? I doubt they'd take 2015 money.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

FirstPlayer posted:

EKGs and pulse oximeters don't show blood pressure. :bahgawd:

Look, he's an autistic guy, who, through his art, is self-inserting as his friend/secret unrequited love who has a terminal illness called marfan's syndrome in order for him to better understand what the person is going through. Don't you go criticizing every last little detail, mister. :mad:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

What the gently caress

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rickycat posted:

e: wrong thread

We're in the schadenfruede thread, so I'd like to point out that this guy was just permabanned by Lowtax for posting pictures of sexy guys in GBS.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I wish I could find it online, but there was an episode where they did this game with some really uncomfortable dentistry footage. Everybody started freaking out when they showed people getting novacaine injections, and they had to stop the game early when they started showing bloody clips of people having their teeth drilled and removed.

It was season 9 episode 7 of the American show, if anybody here cares enough to go pirate it themselves.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ha, in the US she would have been tackled to the ground and cuffed with three police officer's knees digging into her back. Australia looks like a fun place to live.

For posterity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7UX8KASASU

Yes, I know Australia and New Zealand are different places

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

PopRocks posted:

Election schadenfreude: small Texas city votes against adding fluoride to the water, upholds stereotype that rednecks have bad teeth:
http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local/early-returns-show-san-marcos-favors-anti-flouride/ :q:

Fluoride is a naturally occurring element in water, and part of what happens with fluoridation is making sure drinking water has the right level of the stuff. Sometimes this means adding it in, sometimes it means taking it out. Texas happens to be naturally high in flouride, so most likely they're ending up with more of it than before.

quote:

The history of fluoridation in the United States underlines its unique standing as a public health measure copied from a natural phenomenon. In the early 1900s, Dr. Frederick S. McKay began an almost 30-year search for the cause of the staining of teeth that was prevalent in Colorado, where he practiced dentistry. In his investigation, McKay found the condition common in other states, including Texas, where it was known as "Texas teeth." In 1928, he concluded that such teeth, although stained, showed "a singular absence of decay," and that both the staining and the decay resistance were caused by something in the water. In 1931, the "something" was identified as fluoride.

http://www.quackwatch.com/03HealthPromotion/fluoride.html

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Subjunctive posted:

Goddamn some rednecks would lose their minds if you had firefighter-on-police protest action in the US.

Law and fire actually really hate each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJUecEoj6dc

e: I know it's a hockey game and everything, but this wasn't an isolated incident. Whenever the two groups get together lots of fights tend to break out.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

PRADA SLUT posted:

Microsoft was losing money on each Xbox sold, the only way a Steambox could be subsidized like that is if Valve produced them directly or they gave a cut of whatever was bought on them to the manufacturer.

That's not just Microsoft, it's the industry standard to sell your consoles at a loss. Whenever the cost to make them goes down then that means it's time to cut the price and get back to losing money on each unit.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_drjMNHqMNU

Courtesy of the worst things for sale

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Nuebot posted:

Is that actually safe? Because holy poo poo we get these tiny little rear end in a top hat plants that are like, tiny pea-sized versions of those and my cat loves to roll in them and just come in covered. It's like a loving cartoon character that falls on a cactus and is instantly coated in head to toe in needles, except with tiny spike balls. Getting them out of his fur is a nightmare.

Use food grade oil, you don't want your cat licking a bunch of wd40 out of its fur.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Frostwerks posted:

Is cowboy magic buttfucking lube.

No, you're thinking of gun oil

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bart Fargo posted:

My understanding of what happened here is this: It's pretty common for people with fancy/expensive cars to park well away from other cars to avoid having their car damaged by stray doors bumping into them, fender benders while parking, etc. Others see the expensive cars all by themselves off in the distance, and will deliberately park close to that car in order to antagonize the owner of the expensive car. It's a passive-aggressive thing to just mess with the perceived rear end in a top hat who is worried that their car will be harmed. The prank is set up to hopefully catch someone doing this and call attention to it.

So you mean I can annoy wealthy people by parking next to them in my shitbox 90s Subaru? I'll have to remember that.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Stopping like that has got to be enough to give him a concussion. Wonder how fast he was going.

And just how did the guy behind him manage to stop without crashing into him?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

President Ark posted:

aren't both of the shooters dead

how do the dead appeal in court

Don't worry, there's precedent they can refer back to

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I heart bacon posted:

Pretty sure you're talking out of your rear end here.

Pretty sure you don't realize just how rich some people are.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I heart bacon posted:

I guess not. I was born 5 days ago. We all get there are some seriously rich people, but $2m a week as part of a salary? Come the gently caress on. And even they wouldn't give a crap about wu tang. Hell, I don't give a crap about them.

I guess maybe technically not if you're only counting their salary, but once you hit a certain point you stop worrying about things like "take home pay" because it just means you're going to have to pay income taxes on it. Subjunctive's point is that $2 million is a pittance to some people, which is absolutely true.

e: hell, when you're talking about people like Bill Gates or Carlos slim, it's less than a pittance. $2 million is a rounding error for them.

Wanamingo has a new favorite as of 02:32 on Dec 10, 2015

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I heart bacon posted:

These guys have money to throw around, but they're still very protective about it. That's why the rich are rich and the not so rich are not so rich.

They're protective about it, but that's more out of sheer greed rather than any worry about spending away their fortune. Once you get to that level of wealth, it's a challenge in and of itself to give it away faster than it accumulates. Jon Huntsman Sr. Has a net worth of around $1 billion, and throughout his life he's given almost twice that to charity. Whenever his cash reserves dry up he just starts borrowing money so he can give it away, because he knows he doesn't have to do anything to get it back. He's even vowed to die broke, but in spite of that, he's still going strong.

The normal rules concerning money that you or I have to follow do not apply to the global elite.

Minarch posted:

would have been funnier if this happened with Chinese Democracy

I wouldn't be surprised if Wu Tang pulled that stunt because they knew their album was crap that nobody would want to buy.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

CommissarMega posted:

While this is primo grade-A scootyfrooty, I still hope the kids come out okay. It's just chicken pox, right? Not that dangerous?

The kids will be fine, and the parents will come out of it believing in the anti-vax stuff even more. The real problem is going to start when one of the moms throws a measles party.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/MT7aVoD

Apparently they built a loophole into the contract:

Oh my god, this is amazing. Really hope they actually go through with it, and that Shkreli doesn't just put it in a safety deposit box or something.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Subjunctive posted:

do people really think that is from the contract?

It's the Wu Tang Clan we're talking about, I could see them doing something like that.

Whether or not it's legally enforceable is another thing, but I could see them doing it.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mizuti posted:

The great part is that the adult guillemots land just as clumsily as the babies.

Speaking of clumsy birds, here's a young cockatoo so caught up in acting hungry and dramatic that he doesn't watch where he's walking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTNKGK7hVhY

From the related videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLw-9dpHtcU

Hahahahaha

I cannot see you, you cannot see me; I am hidden.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

A pride of lions that tried to eat a pangolin they found. After a few hours of passing it around they eventually gave up, and it wandered off unharmed.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I wish this had a more seamless loop

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Choco1980 posted:

Are you sure? That seems like a pretty prominent penetration mark in the second to last pic :ohdear:

That probably came from one of the lions, pangolin scales are sharp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lDmG4Si2GE

Pangolin just don't give a gently caress

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

88h88 posted:

Straight up though, cutting a babydick is weird in 2015.

It's not exactly a huge deal, though

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Choco1980 posted:

Not to mention this little snot nose kid sees the big old-money boardrooms play a game of robbing the little people blind by gouging medicine prices to obscene levels and thinks "hey, I can play that game too, all on my own!" Then is shocked when after trying it without the squadron of lawyers and without putting money in congressmen's pockets he gets thrown immediately under the bus by those old money boardrooms he waves his middle finger at.

Snot nosed kid? The guy's 32

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
e: double post

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ElGroucho posted:

He looks like he's being arrested for eating his mom's rear end

That's oddly specific :stare:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Turtlicious posted:

I don't follow politics, what did Hilary do that was vindictive?

Serious answer, she wants really hard to repeal citizen's united because the case that decided it was over somebody trying to air a movie length attack ad against her.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Alter Ego posted:

Not to turn this into D&D but even if that is the reason Citizens United was a Real Bad Supreme Court Decision and it should be overturned.

I'm sure it's not the ONLY reason she wants it overturned, but yeah it'll be good to get rid of it

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The devil's tobacco

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It's a bit late for halloween, but I found a bit of dogenfreude that I thought was pretty funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okAABAiE3Ko

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

Exactly what happened with the sale? It looks normal to me.

They're just whining over nothing again. A few people are steamed that it's going to be the same deals throughout with no flash sales or anything, but this is the second time in a row that steam has done that.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Random Stranger posted:

But then my reaction is to go, "Oh well," buy the things I'm interesting in that are priced down to a reasonable level, and then move on with my life.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Could be a New Coke sort of deal where this sale doesn't work out, then suddenly the Summer Sale is back to normal and everybody is flipping out and buying more? Eh, either way I guess I'm just going to buy Fallout 4 either way.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
A few people are saying the flash sales are gone because people have been abusing the refund system by buying games while they're on sale for extra cheap, waiting until they return to the less discounted sale price, and then asking for their money back and getting its current price in return. That seems like it'd be a really easy fix though, so I don't know if I believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Subjunctive posted:

I meant in the context of the Steam whiner complaining that there wasn't a FO4 discount. Is that key seller legit?

(The PS4 sale was down $15, not down to $15, though.)

quote:

Online use and multi-player is NOT available with this version The key code is for single-player only. Please do not purchase if you want to use the game online.

Something tells me it may not be entirely legit.