Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It didn't, he's playing it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The first one was funny but I think this might have actually injured the kid :ohdear:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I admit I know even less about hockey than I do most sports, but is charging full tilt at someone like that allowed? That's not a "gonna get the puck" charge, that's a "I'mma gently caress you up" charge.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Goons posted:

:science: shenanigans
Not me and pretty tame by comparison, but his senior year my dad's group of friends threw an open bottle of Mr. Bubble into the big fountain by his high school's football stadium. On homecoming game night. I'm told it was a thing of beauty.

He didn't throw the bottle, but he knows who did, and he isn't telling :v: the fountain still has a fence up around it to this day.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

It's kinduva shame the OP from the original thread edited all his posts, though. It loses a certain something.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

If Trump wins, I am seriously, no joke, completely seriously thinking about moving to Canada. I'd rather live in a syrupy frozen wasteland than in Trumps Retarded States of America.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

That's not much better! :stonkhat:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

When I was a kid I always wondered what'd happen if the mixer tongs got tangled up. That answers that :stonklol:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

One of my friends is weirdly sympathetic to Pharma-bro. Like, thinks he was trying to show off how broken the pharmaceutical processes are by martyring himself. Then again, this is the friend I'm privately convinced is legitimately on the autistic spectrum, so the two may be related.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Is he this weirdly positive about seeing the good in everyone for literally everyone?

I honestly don't know. His thought process has sometimes been hard for me to understand, but this is the first time I truly have no idea what the hell he's on about.

Today has been chock full of political schaden for him, to stay on topic. He's a huge Bernie proponent (and literally the only reason I'm up to date on the presidential running is because he shares everything he finds out with me), and the whole Bernie vs. NDC debacle has had him practically dancing all evening.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 09:05 on Dec 19, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I think it's more "since when do squirrels eat meat :stare:"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

"THEY MUTILATED MAH PENIS! :byodood: IT'S THEIR FAULT I CAN'T GET LAID!" is the gist of it, I thought.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

ratbert90 posted:

Worst part about the new StarWars?

No helmet hair

They have laser swords and FTL travel, helmet-resistant hairspray is a technological pittance by comparison.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I've desperately searched for someplace that has MXC closed captioned or subtitled, to no avail :( I'm deaf, so they really aren't optional for me. Similarly, finding subtitled MST3K episodes is a pain in the rear end when Netflix keeps taking them back down.

The Schaden is me. Entertainment distributors care not for me and my broken ilk. :emo:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

:psyduck:

That has to be staged. I need to believe that it was.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Does somebody in your situation ever use Youtube auto subtitles? Probably won't work with MXC because the best lines are said under the announcer's breath, I'm just curious.

Youtubes auto-subtitles are getting better, but they still aren't very good unless they're like Markiplier, with a deep voice and clear pronunciation. Even then, it still only gets it right ~70% of the time.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

ninjahedgehog posted:

Who the gently caress cares? The cameraman asked them "Where are you from?" and they answered. Jesus Christ goons.

Not empty quoting.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My goddamn driveway is bigger than some European countries

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Wanamingo posted:

Alabama is the only state that bans sex toys

I'll just add that to the list of reasons Alabama is the stupidest goddamn state.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Depressio111117 posted:

:psyduck:

Just when I think the south can't surprise me anymore.

I've lived in Texas all my life. Here's one quick trick to never being surprised ever again: Always assume, no matter how loving stupid the thing you just heard about the South is, that we can and will do something even loving stupider.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Of all the places to find out about Bowie :negative:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

God loving drat it that's two times not only that it happened but that i first heard of it in this goddamn thread :negative:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I recall being told that somewhere, Lucas said he was annoyed that the new film did so well. Can anyone confirm/deny? Because if he really was mad that the movie did so great without his interference... :allears:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The entirety of the 90's wasn't much better.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

LonsomeSon posted:

Most of janky cat behavior comes from the fact that cats operate reactively basically all of the time. The cat was already riled up, and its back paws touching something triggered an 'attack the motherfuck out of that' reflex. Then, since the cat was getting the poo poo clawed out of it by these loving legs (which unrelatedly happened to belong to it), it counterattacked and pretty easily pinned them down.

My oldest current pet cat has had a lifelong unawareness of her own tail. She chased it all the goddamn time when she was a kitten, gradually decreasing as she ages, and to this day after almost 9 years of living with a tail will occasionally get spooked by it and run away. Also, when she perches on the rim of the tub while I'm bathing and her tail inevitably falls in, it takes her a few moments to notice and then when she does she gives it the most disgusted, derisive look before pulling it out of the water with her paws and then holding it down while she grooms it.

If I'm petting her really good, and she's to the point where she's lying on her side all cat-melty from the attention, I can trap her tail against the floor with my other hand. It'll keep trying to move, and she'll get gradually angrier but also confused, because I'm still delivering the rubs. This is key, because it also distracts her from what my other hand is doing. Generally she'll stay in place, gradually extending her claws, getting crazy eyes, and then starting to growl and yowl, until I finally feel bad enough to let her tail go!

Stuff like this is what makes all the jackassery owning cats comes with worth it. :allears:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I know nothing about football besides the people in charge hate goal celebrations and by extension fun, what's so bad about that coin flip? I'm on my phone at work with no Wi-Fi, can't load the gif worth a drat.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Ah, so it wasn't just my phone struggling to load a 40mb gif over the network. I thought the coin wasn't moving a lot.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Also a little on me for working someplace that doesn't give the graveyard shift access to wifi :smithcloud:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My phone plan has unlimited data, so it's not intolerable. Gets slow as gently caress after the first 500mb, though :shepface: so no Photoshop/gif threads til i get home.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

That's a hell of a thumb on the guy to get the coin spinning fast enough to sync with a slow-mo camera.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Oh, Arino. :allears: He's so enthusiastic about video games, and yet so terrible at them.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Jesus christ :stonk:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

"They're fighting back! :cry: That's not fair!"
I love it when nazis get their poo poo pushed in.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

flosofl posted:

Hahaha. I *just* watched that episode. The whole run of MXC Extreme Elimination is on Hulu.

It's not subtitled, though :( So it's a net bust for me, being deaf and all.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Ted Cruz is a skid on the underwear of this country.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Atticus_1354 posted:

My front teeth started hurting when I read this.

Good to know I'm not the only one with an rear end in a top hat dentist then. When i had to have a tooth out as a kid, fucker put the novacaine on the wrong side of my mouth. Even if he hadn't, it wouldn't have had time to numb a goddamn thing; as soon as he put the needle down, up came the pliers.

Parents never did understand why I hated him. :arghfist::downs:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Yeah man, why can't the poor just stop being poor and magic up the money to get their poo poo fixed

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Cannot wait for the inevitable hand wringing and denials regarding instability from the gun lobbyists.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

What the gently caress were they even expecting to happen here :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Isn't Hateful Eight an absolute bitch to actually get to show on projectors because he decided to put it on actual film instead of digital, long after almost every theater has converted to the latter?

It's kind of his own fault, if that is indeed the case.