Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Those are brush pants. Yes, usually nomex, but they're not firefighter turnouts or anything. And even turnouts will gently caress you up if you douse them in loving GASOLINE. Those are basically station pants.

(I sold my pair for like $180 on craigslist to a ranger rick-type when I quit the ambo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Knocked his head clean off.

holy poo poo that game was 13 years ago wtfffff

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

I found the highest-resolution version of this photo I could find, then ran it through waifu2x (a neuro network photo upscaling...thing) to try to make this a bit bigger.

I did the same to the quad bike photo:

This particular neural network is run mostly with animu pics (as evidenced by the url), so it tends to do better with animation/illustrations versus photos. You can tell that it did a really good job with the blue sky and the high-contrast faces in the bike photo, but pretty poorly with the gradients and shading of the quad bike photo. However, on the quad bike photo, it did really well with the front tires and the shadow, like you'd see in illustrations. The first photo, at first glance, looks very good. However, you can see that this particular neural network upscaler, after being trained on illustrations for so long, is loving some stuff up, like the people's mouths. I think it may have been applying some sort of "blacken pupil"-style algorithm, because it made all of their mouths round black holes, like they were eyes.

https://i.imgur.com/GKbMJEr.gifv

Queen_Combat has a new favorite as of 21:28 on Jan 28, 2018

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I have held a half-empty beer bottle with my mouth before while grabbing something with my hands. While I have never driven drunk, I assume that other people have done similar.

Keep the dream alive.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That looks 100% to be a mirror though.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
poo poo, I missed the "why" word in his post and was going "there's no other person or doorway there, what?"

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Tamiflu is bullshit though and I guarantee (with my Internet Doctor Degree) that she wouldn't have ended up any different had she taken it, except maybe constipated which could have actually worsened things.

Sepsis =/= the flu

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Scruff McGruff posted:

the best description of everyone's first time eating edibles is
I feel nothing
I feel nothing
I feel nothing
take me to the hospital I'm clearly dying

It's been many years, but yes.

I was laying on my side in bed listening to music (Crystal Method: Vegas) on headphones while tapping my fingers on the bed in front of my face, watching my fingers crossfade and bleed between optical frames with trippy colors. Except the lights were off in my (at the time) windowless basement, and there was no music and oh god I'm going to die

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Did he dig up the floor?!

I've never murdered a dog before.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I bought $20 "worth" of Telcoin because it seemed like a fun distraction, and it was only $0.007 a coin. "Surely a sub-cent coin can't go lower."

It spiked to $.0014 and i had a laugh logging in to check on it for a few days. Then it crashed to $.00025. I've gotten a few hours of entertainment and got to play pretend stocks for a few weeks. A nice lunchtime distraction watching it go up and down.

It's all a ponzi scheme but I think I got my $20 worth of entertainment. Time to log out forever and frantically try password recovery questions in 10 years when I'm a billionaire/homeless.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
:thurman:

I've seen that clip for so many years and I still wonder if he got seriously injured/what the outcome was.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
When she noticed the semi coming up on her over her shoulder (not the mirrors, because her car is askew rendering them useless) she probably couldn't anticipate whether it was going to be an offset hit like it was, or a direct hit that could have turbofucked her even in the passenger cabin (but probably not). It was most likely a quick glance after her wreck, then a second pause while the reptile part of her brain went "oh gently caress Oh gently caress OHFUCKOHFUCK" and she made a move.

I'm not praising it, but not condemning it, either. No blame given based on the circumstances. Just a bad situation all around. And the way her car whipped back into the cab of the semi, she probably avoided quite a bit of lateral g's and injury to her head/neck from the snapping and hitting the glass.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Not double but it has been about ten years.

I also got into my electrician (PCB-repairer) father's cabinet and tried a shot of his etching alcohol (denatured). I wonder if that's the cause of my constant headaches all this time? To be honest I don't know if the everclear wasn't worse.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
idgi? Cgi bird?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The go one where he sells toilet plungers

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

oh yes that's the one where the two-year-old is inadvertently put into her fertile cycle by a tachyon storm or whatever and she has to mate with someone or die

He's not joking. I don't know this, because I only watched what I thought were "a few" episodes of Voyager as a child (stopping when they all got infected with those flying helicopter bugs that are like the enemies in Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time), but that is Kes and she only lives for seven or nine years or something.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Yeah, it's like dog years for humans. "She's only 2 but they only live until they're 7 so basically she's 20 if the average human age is 70."

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Yeah but why is it a gif instead of a video?

I hate these gifs with the randomly bolded text throughout the content.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Ratings.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Pull up, thread!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgkD1scIkKw

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

I...need a rear dashcam now.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

SpacePig posted:

I don't have anything new to offer, but thank you for reminding me about that cop. Watching him cry and snivel and keep bringing his head down to the table as he's sentenced to over 250 years in prison, and the attorneys just dutifully take notes, is really excellent and I forgot how much joy it brought me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEqPkvqhils

Shut the gently caress up about crowbar boy this is a thread for schadenfreude not argument about police procedure. Watch this video again, hnnng

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Why where they filming?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Looks like the square rubber mats we had. Most likely, because it's not scuffed like concrete would be under the end of the seesaw.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

I think it's from this very thread but I love it so drat much

https://i.imgur.com/UeAqv3m.gifv

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
If you have 45 minutes, please watch AvE's juicero video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cp-BGQfpHQ

The way he tears up when it shows the loving industrial tractor bearing used for the gigantic fuckoff gear makes me think it was a product comprised 100% of "cousin Charlie" contracts. You know, "Cousin Charlie owns a machinist shop on hard times, other cousin Andy owns a PCB outfit overseas, let's get them both millions of dollars of business making something that doesn't need either."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Phanatic doesn't have any idea how the system can work, unintentionally or not, against someone. To make this clear, he argues against attacking Nazis for being literal nazis. Or, he sympathizes and only knows how to use asterisks like a neckbeard *nuzzling you* in an attempt to throw the trail. Either way,

Get hosed Phanatic.